Chapter 56

Hardin's POV:

I didn't realize that I've missed her wearing my clothes until she walks out from my room and goes to the kitchen. Nothing much just my plain black shirt and boxer, which are fitting her body perfectly, after this long.

It's only a year but it is to me long enough to tempt for her.

"The dinner will be here in a few minutes." I tell her and she finished the glass of water before nodding.
After we ate our dinner and watched some shit-con show, putting her head on my shoulder, she tells me, "I'm so tired. I need some sleep." She yawns.

"Let's go then." I gather her into my arms and take her in to my room. She implants a soft kiss on my neck on our way and I place her down on my bed. "Sleep beautiful." I say, pulling the blanket upto her chest and lay down with her.

I wrap my arms around her waist and pull her close to my chest. She sighs, closing her eyes. I also drift off to sleep dreaming and wishing that I will have this life with her somewhere in the future.

Next mornings, I wake up by my alarm for my gym's timing. But I'm not going, just want to lay down with Tessa in my warm bed and let the time pass. So I turn the noisy thing off quickly before she wakes up and wrap my arm around her. It so fucking good to have her here with me, in my bed, in my arms, wearing my shirt.

No amount of calls or having gigantic size of her picture in my room would fill up the need of her, they can't be sufficient to me. Only she can.

My life, existence without her would be dull and scrappy, even after if I'd accomplishing my writers goals.
Hope she gets it that her living a life there in New York is incomplete without me too like mine here without her and have the lives that I know she wants with me. If not then I did this to myself and I have to live like a lonely bastard ever.

Thinking that it runs a chill down my whole body.

She is tired and fell in deep sleep and I'm only disturbing her by my touching acts, though I know she loves it but I should let her sleep. And also I've some stuffs to do. So I roll out from my bed leaving my girl to sleep in peace with a kiss on her forehead.

...
Tessa's POV:

When I wake up, I'm momentarily confused by the cove ceiling above me. I roll over to Hardin's side, only to find out he's not here and not his warmthness on the bed too. He must have woke up way sooner.

What time is it? Looking at the clock in the nightstand it says quarter past eleven. Oh God. I shouldn't have slept that long, so I climb out of the bed. Where is Hardin? Looking around the room my eyes catches to the portraits, small squares across the other wall, which I didn't notice last night. Well I was thrown away by my substantial size of portrait, so I didn't saw these. I'm still blown by it though.

I walk over at the other wall and stand in front of the small pictures and a smile appears on my face. It has our and few of mines pictures too hanging across the wall. Looking at one of them, our picture from the wedding of Karen and Ken's. It's been almost two years now. Looking closely at Hardin's face, I notice his piercings and I realize that I really missed them, especially the lip one. It felt amazing when he'd kissed me with it and feel the coolness of the metal on corner of my mouth. My hands goes to the glass frame, tracing my index fingers at his face like it's his real face.

I recoil as I hear some thing fall for the kitchen I think, so stepping out from his room I advance towards the kitchen. It's like someone is cooking, not just someone Hardin. Oh. He didn't see or hear me coming so I stand in the hallway, leaning at the doorframe and witness his all movements quietly.

He looks drop-dead gorgeous wearing black vest t-shirt which shows his biceps entirely. With that cutoff shirt displays his rope textured arm with covered in black ink is exquisitely. He didn't need to workout but I'd say I'm impressed the way he built his body, a bit tan and well defined.

As he pulls his shirt up to wipe off the somewhat there sweat on his forehead I get a glimpse of his athletic shorts. The shorts which are seems tight, the waistband of them hangs so low that I can tell he is not wearing boxers underneath. Altogether, the whole outfit would make any girl fall from him, especially me and my heart.

I soften my stare as he turns around to see me standing in the doorway. "Did I wake you up?" He asks with a bowl in his hand.

"No." I shake my head and saunter into the kitchen. "What are you making?"

"Some bacon and eggs. I was up for a while and got hungry so I'm making these up." He pours the egg batter into the hot pan.

"When did you woke up?" I ask and lean against the counter.

"Around ten. I had some work to do." He says and stirs the spatula to cook the eggs. "You are hungry right? Because I'm making for you too."

"Yeah, a little." I nod.

"So get your teeth brush then come over here and have the classic breakfast with me." He orders and pushes his hair from his forehead with his hand. They are way too long now and I don't have any problem with it, though it gives me more to pull. "And also I got your bag and all the shits you left at the hotel." He informs.

"What? Why?"

"Because there is no reason for you to stay at the hotel when you're living in my apartment untill your flight, which is tomorrow. I make it easier, so that you will be departing for here with no worries like to go to the hotel, pack your shits and then go to the airport." He explains. He has a good point here and it would be boring to live there alone so he did a pretty good thing I guess. "And it'll also save your money."

"I've enough money to book a room for two days and not to live in it." I act offended.

"I didn't say that you can't afford. I said because it'd be a waste of your money, you know." I nod at his justification. "Now go for the brush. And your bag is in my closet." He tells me and begins to stir the eggs again.

After brushing my teeth, I join him into the kitchen as he's setting down the cooked bacon on plate, I ask. "Need help?"

"No. You simply..." he come closer to me.

"What are you doing?" I squeak as he lifts me onto the warm countertop and stands between my legs.

"Just sit here and I'll help you eat." He says and grab the plate full of delicious food in it.

"I'm not a kid. I can feed myself." I say.

"I know you can smart women but I want to, so you just chill and polish off this meal with me, okay?" He asks and I nod, happily. I love his caring side so much.

I wrap my legs around his waist, grabbing his shirt and pulling him near me by it, I connect my lips to him. Only one kiss make my morning laziness evaporate and replace it with fire.

"Young lady eat your food first." He demands against my lips. "Then you'll give you a treat," Pulling away he says with a wink.

With each bite he'd gave, he rewarded me a kiss on my lips just a small peck but enough to light a spark inside me everytime. He take a bite- give me a bite- kiss- take a bite- give a bite- kiss and like that we finished our simple yet flavourful breakfast.

As I intently watch him by only sitting on the clean side of counter as he puts all the dishes inside the dishwater and clean the messy side of counter. I offered to help but he shuts me up and I'm enjoying this. I have to say his place is spotless which was hard to found in case of college Hardin. This Hardin is...different in some ways, which is good.

Wiping his hands on the towel he turns to me and say, "I've done something for you."

Now what?

{Please vote ⭐️and comment^_^}