Chapter 22

Tessa's POV:
Two days later...

I am in the Apple store to buy another iPhone. I know, I swore to myself that I wouldn't buy an iPhone, but they didn't left me any choices, as their products are really good.

"Are you done choosing?" Nora asks. We decided that we'd buy some cake pans, so I told her that I wanted to buy a phone too. So after our work shift was over at five, we made a plan on some shopping of baking related items.

She is a pastry chef and I also miss baking, so we are buying it for my apartment. She doesn't likes her horny-teenaged roommates for a reason and they didn't have any interest in her baking skills or the sweet foods she makes.

"Yes, I think I'll buy this one." I tell her showing the another iPhone of mine. Whenever I dropped, went missing, threw, now this time smash my phones, she always comes with me to buy new one.

"You buy way to many fucking phones." I roll eyes on her tease.

"Yes, I do." I say and pay for my another expensive iPhone. I don't have that much of money left but the restaurant pays me well so that is that. I wish I get more tips though, most of them I gave to the another homeless peoples in my way to apartment and I left with too much less or sometime nothing.

We head out of the Apple store and go to Nora's recommend mall where we can buy some pans and all the machine, equipments we need to make cake, just for fun.

After we buy all the things, I look at our, over the top cart full of things. It's has ten baking pans, stand mixer, bowls, flour sifter, oven gloves and five types of whisks. "Do we really need all of these?" I ask Nora.

"What? Fuck yes. Of course we need this, that is why we are buying, aren't we?" She rolls her eyes and I ignore her foul language which reminds me of someone.

"Yes, but-."

"No buts. We are buying these, all of them. Your apartment doesn't have any types of baking products and shit or anything, not a single one." She complains by interrupting me.

"Yeah. I know but-."

"I said no fucking buts, Tessa. Your apartment's oven is requesting me, pleading me, that we should use it. And made something inside of that, even it's a burnt shit food." She moves her hands in the air.

Before I can say anything, she takes the cart and goes to billing counter. We pay for that and goes to the grocery store buy some, not some, a lot ingredients and finally goes to my apartment.

We get inside, put all the things in the cabinets in the kitchen. Landon is also in home from his work, because I can hear the shower is running.

"We don't have time for making three-layers cake as we planned but we can do it tomorrow morning when I'd be here." She says putting down her hands on the counter.

"Yeah, you're right. I'm tried. I don't have energy for doing anything too." I go and grab a glass, filled with water and drink finish it.
"So what should we do now?" I ask.

"I have something in my mind. I always wanted to experiment with chocolates. So we have to just put the half small bowl of chocolate inside the microwave and wait for it to completely melt and-" she grab a bowl and the bar of chocolate.

"And. You will see. My special magic after that happens." She adds. Breaking the bar, chopping with knife into small pieces, she put them in the bowl and place it inside the microwave.

"We have to just wait, now." She dust her hand together and lean into the counter.

And all of sudden someone scream. The scream comes from the bathroom and in the bathroom it's, "Landon." Me and Nora says in unison.

We run towards the bathroom, me ahead of her and burst open the door. "What happened? Are you alright?" I ask Landon.
Who's lying near the bathtub, naked. Naked!
"Oh God! I'm sorry!" I cover my eyes with my hands. What the hell happened?

"What the hell?" Nora screeches as she enters behind me and pushes past me and grabs hold of Landon's arm to help him. He take the shower curtain which is unhitch from its rod and wrap around his lower half.

I looked at him with concern and I'm about to say, when a loud beeping noise pierces the air, making me flinch. What is that? Shit, it's the microwave.
"The chocolate is burning!" I shriek, and disappear from the bathroom leaving them and run into the kitchen.

I turn the microwave off and open the door to it. A thick wave of burnt chocolate hits my nose, it's smells so awful. I touch the hot bowl accidentally, "ouch" I screech.

Where are the oven gloves? I look around where Nora kept it. Agh, it's in the drawer with whisks. But where are the whisks drawer?

After opening all the drawers, it was in the top one, I wear it and take the bowl of burnt chocolate out and put it on the counter.
Nora is going to do with this thing now, it was hers idea to microwave it.

Thinking of her she comes into the kitchen with sound of her boots, they're brown and pointy and remind me of the shoes he always wears. Stop. I look up at her face and ask, "is he okay?"

"Uhh... Yeah he is. He's okay." She shakes her head and her long curls dark hair cover one shoulder from her ponytail.

"What about this? It's burnt, I think." I point out at the bowl.
She moved forward and puts her fingers into that thing.

"Yeah. It is burnt." She take a small burnt chocolate on her fingers. "Fuck, it's smells so gross." She takes the bowl, throw the content into the trash and wash it under the water.

We go into the living room to watch something. Me on the couch, Nora lie on the rug with a pillow under her head and Landon's yellow-and-maroon house blanket wrapping her up like a burrito. Nora change the show from some documentary to Cupcake Wars, whenever she hung out with me in my apartment she always watches this show.

Landon came from the bathroom, dressed and asks us, "You guys need anything from the kitchen?"

"Water, please." I lean up and
pauses the show.

"Do you have anything besides water?" Nora asks.

"This isn't a grocery store," I teases.
Nora pulls the pillow from under her head and tosses it at me. And I laugh so loudly before I catch myself that what I'm doing.

Nora get up from the floor and goes into the kitchen for finding, whatever she get.
"Gatorade, sweetened iced tea, orange juice." Landon tells from the kitchen.

I put my back on the couch and close my eyes. After a minute, Landon wobble me giving the water bottle and goes into his room.

"I should go now." Nora says grabbing her purse and phone from the two person table.

"Okay, bye." I say and stand up from the couch. She goes out and I close and lock the door.

When I'm on my way to my room, my eyes catches on a medium-sized package on the hallway table. My name is
scribbled in black marker, telling me immediately who it's from.
I grab the box and shake a little to hear it what's in there.

I put the cardboard box on the table and open it. It's a.......