Chapter 77

Tessa's POV:

The whole path from his hotel to my apartment I was holding my tears and not to break in the middle of the street. I didn't want people staring at my red and swollen face- well there aren't many people to look at me at five in the morning and even if they had, they're busy with their issues to worry about not care about a stranger on the street thinking or doing or how she's looking.

The moment I get into my room I break into sob, I couldn't handle the pain that was stirring inside me so it just explode. Throwing my purse I plop on the bed and bite down my pillow so that no one could hear me, especially not my roommates.

People hates me now and I'm having second thoughts that why I forgave Hardin in the first place. He hurted me so many times and did so many disgusting things to me and to many other girls too and I forgave him. Did he don't deserve forgiveness? Don't he deserve second chance, I mean another chance after crushing so many of them?

Oh God. Why I'm thinking that now I was past them, all of them. This is all thoughts are coming into my mind only because of the book. That crappy book. Because of it peoples are hating me, judging me saying bad stuffs about me and giving me the negativity which I never wanted. Never intend to want those attention atleast not the hateful one and it all happening because of that DAMN book and the DAMN story in it.

Throwing the pillow from my face to on the other side of my bed, I lean up and open the drawer on the nightstand and grab the cursed book contain his and mine bullshit story. Like Pride and prejudice was and still is my go-to book to read, 'After' was becoming the same but not now, not anymore. I tear the cover from its binding with few pages ripping it out randomly too I toss the shit story onto the trash can next to the bed where it belongs.

I wipe my tears from my cheeks and even blow my running nose I get from crying on couple of the pages from the book and dump them too into the trash. Childish behaviour, I know it is. But what else I can do, this book is already published and millions of people read it so nothing else I could do to unwind this situation.

Lying an hour on my bed just staring up at the ceiling I startle by a knock on my door.

Is it him...?
It can't be him, what I'd say if he's here?

"Tessa are you in there?" It's Landon's voice, thank God.

"Yeah," I wipe my under eyes with my fingers and sit up. "Come in." I tell.

He opens my door with phone in hand, "I didn't know you would be here, not alone at most," he looks around my room for signs of him lurking around. But he is not here.

"Some people meant to be alone," I tell him in a low voice.

"So what happens between you and Hardin?" He asks, worries in his face. How did he know something is up between us? Probably that man call him. Snitch.

"Nothing. I...I just don't want to talk to him that's it." I shrug.

"Okay but why? I thought you guys are good." He stands against the door frame, keeping safe distance I guess.

"We were, now we aren't simple as that," I nearly raise my voice at my bestfriend, who is just trying to help me. "Sorry but it's between him and I."

"I know but he's calling me asking why did you leave without telling him so that made me pull in between the two of you." He waves his hand I between us. Of course that bastard call him. "You know I don't want to create any troubles when it comes to you and Hardin. You both are my family and I care deeply so sometime it's my...job? Act as a peace maker in between my family members so we all can live happily." He explains.