Chapter 21

Hardin's POV:

Landon told me that she is in New York now and working as a waitress in some expensive ass restaurant. Tessa didn't told me any shit about her, this is too much fucking space-shit is going on. She is so fucking serious about it this time.

I called Vance to see that Tessa recommended for work in his stupid publishing house, I know that he is opening a office there, but he said, she didn't. Fucking Vance and his aim to open branches in throughout every states in America.

I called her, texted her, even fucking e-mailed her, but she didn't answer any of that shit. I wanted to asked her, why the hell she left me after that ceremony. But I think she wanted more space, more fucking time to think.

Or maybe she knows that I wouldn't, couldn't control my hormones and she hers too, from jumping into the bed, making love, so she left. I get it, I'll give whatever she wants, unless it's not me leaving her.

Tessa, please answer this. I'm getting fucking paranoid. Just tell me, how are you? Please? :-(

Thinking that she wouldn't going to reply to this text too, even though I sent it.
But I was so wrong, so fucking absolute wrong. She did answer me this time, saying

I'm fine:-)

You don't know how this feels. She fucking answered me this time. It's more than a thirsty person found a tap of water in the hottest desert. More than a poor man won a lottery of hundred millions dollars. More that, when a dog is waiting for his owner to comeback, and when she does and pat him, give him a treat, it's more happy as ever.

On top of the world.
Over the moon.
Over the whole solar system, Milky way, fucking Universe too.

I miss you, so much.
I text her back with a heart and that damn tiger.

To remind her that the conversation we had, when she got her new iPhone and she was in the Seattle, me in Pullman.

But she didn't text me back.

Maybe I should just called, and if I get lucky she'll pick-up and I'd hear her sweet voice, clamming my fucking nerves.

But when I called, the robotic voice says it's switch off and goes into the voicemail.

What the fucking hell, Tess?

I'm not angry, I'm just.... Sad.

....
Tessa POV:

I didn't answer any of his messages, calls or emails he sent but I always sees it what does it says. After he left in that ceremony I couldn't bring myself to talk to him, so I just avoid any type of conversation he'd think of.

But this message feels like I should reply it, he is getting paranoid, and maybe he is stuck and can't progress on his work what he is doing in Seattle, thinking about me. I got a text after a month later, when I visited him, that he moved to Seattle for some work to do, but as usual I didn't said anything to that too.

After pondering that I should reply or not, at the end, I just did it saying, I'm fine. Nothing much. So that he can leave me alone and never speak to me again.
But no such luck.

He reply back saying he really miss me so much with a heart and a tiger emoji.

Heart and a tiger.

Heart and that tiger, I sent him when we was in love, now he doesn't love me. So why he is doing this?

I throw my phone on the polished floor and step over on that damn thing, aggressively. So it'd destroy into pieces the way my heart is.

Only the screen thing crack, so I go to get the hammer from Landon room and start to do what I intended. The glass screen detach from the phone's frame and made a dent in the middle of the battery, and the phone's other parts are mushed it to nothing.

It doesn't feel as good as I thought. But I don't want to smash and break things of the apartment. And because of this phone I got reminded of him and got hurt, it's hurt so bad.

I didn't feel like this after his rejection, so the best thing to do is break my old ancient phone into nothing. I didn't throw my old phone, when I buy my first iPhone.

That iPhone, I got with Landon, I accidentally dropped into the toilet. I lost all of my music, all of the information I had saved. All of my auto-login websites, my saved credit cards. I cursed Apple all the way to the store, saying that they are taking over the world, and it pissed me off that they have such good products because they leave consumers no other choice but to use them.

And I got another one but it went missing in an Uber.
And another, that I threw at a spider on the rooftop of this building.
And now this ancient one too.

Why he is doing this, hurting me purposely? Didn't he is get changed in his cruel behavior.So why?

Probably his new girl told him to do something to hurt his ex and he did it. That bitch. Manipulative bitch.

Can't she just get happy with whatever she is getting with him. Not just whatever, his love. She is getting his love, his beautiful smile and laugh, his body to touch and all the attentions.

So be happy with that bitch, don't do this type of hurtful things and hurt others feeling, their emotions. I step on the phone again, harshly, abruptly, making loud noises, so that the neighbors also can hear it.

"What are you doing Tessa?" When I look up from my destructive act to see who is it and it's Landon. I didn't hear when the front door opened and closed.

"Uhh.... When did you get home?" I try to change the subject. But no such luck.

"Just now. What are you doing?" He asks again.

"I.. It's this phone, it's so ancient. I can't even listen to any of my songs." I lie to my bestfriend. I'm a bad person to do that.

"Okay. But you don't have to smash that thing. You can just throw it in the trash." He feels for the phone that I break.

How am I going to tell him that it's not only the phone that break, it's my heart. Again and again and again, only by him.

"So when you're going to buy another one? We Americans can't live without an iPhone less than a week. Even though the phone you broke its not an iPhone, but still." He look at the phone one more time before I bury it.

"I'm not going to buy an iPhone." I collect the death body parts of the phone.

"Are you sure about that?" He ask smug in his smile.

"Can't they should make more
affordable products." I complain.

"Yeah, I'll agrees on that." He sighs.

I'm not going to buying any iPhone, I swear to myself and throw the phone into the trash.