Chapter 60

Hardin's POV:

"You look so...I don't know, shady like a hitman?" Tessa teases as we both crosses the street.

"Shut up," I mumble and squeeze her hand. As the wind is blowing, my long ass hair is keep getting on my fucking face and I've keep moving them away, so I don't collide with someone on my way. "If you keep saying these shits to me I'll take the hoodie and the glasses off." I threaten, playfully. I should've tied my hair with a thin band atleast. I didn't cut them ever since my first year of college so there are pretty fucking long now.

"No, don't take them off. I'll stop teasing you," she puts her free hand up in the defence.

As we walk past the numerous food stalls and peoples eating their foods, Tessa turns to me and asks, "I'm hungry, can we eat some hot dogs?" She puts her hand on her stomach.

"Yeah, sure." I say. We have time to eat atleast before the boat tour get start, and I'm fucking hungry too."You sit on the curb I'll get us some," I tell her and give our orders. She nods and takes her seat.

The vendor was staring at me so fucking hard the entire time that it make me so uncomfortable that I was sweating in the middle of the cold weather of Chicago. I don't know if it's my weird and creepy looks but he should be looking away and focus on making the fucking hot dogs.

Don't stare at me asshole.

After I got my orders ready, thanks God, I pay for the shit and move away from him as soon as possible and sit down with Tessa on the curb. I should've charge him for gawking at me. Dickhead.

"You know why I love Chicago?" Tessa asks after taking a huge bite from her steamed hot dog.

"Because I live here?" I point out at myself.

"No smartass," she swats at my arm. "That they don't add ketchup in their hot dogs," she tells before taking another bite.

"You liked it?" I ask after chewing and swallowing my food.

"Hmmm," she moans and I chuckle.

Though the guy who was making these was kinda weirdo but he makes the delicious hot dogs with really good topping, so I've to give him the credit for this.

After we ate and tossed our paper-trays, we headed towards the boat tour entrance. The boat is a double decker and it doesn't have much people, so we goes to the top one and have our seats. Few minutes later after the boat is quite full, they starts the boat.

Tessa's hand brushes against mine between our seats but she didn't grab it. What's with her being shy and shit, so I take her hand and lace my fingers with hers, pulling and setting them on my lap. She looks down at our hands and smiles up at me.

There is something yellow on her skin, near her lips. It must be the mustard from the hot dog, so I put my finger under her chin and lean into her. She puckers her lips for me to kiss her but I peek my tongue out and lick the mustard off. "Wh-What was that?" She whispers and look around. Most of the people are listening to the tour guide or talking with themselves, so no one saw me licking her face, which is good.

"There was mustard on your face so I lick it off clean," I shrug and she brings her fingers on the wet spot. "It's no longer there," I tell her and bring my thumb to wipe off the wetness.

She was puckering before and now she's biting her lips, it's temping me so lean forward and give a kiss on her corner of her mouth before swiping my tongue on her bottom lips. Blushing, she squeezes my hand and then turns to listen to the shitty tour guide.

The tour was boring for me, the guide was only talking about the architecture shits which I don't have any fucking interest listening to I was only looking at Tessa and she had fun time it's seems. Though she paid more attention to me and laughed at my jokes, like pushing the guide man out of the boat and into the river and off to the sea.

And I also covered her ears and moved her face in my direction, preventing her to saw the Trump tower. "Don't look in that direction," I said.

"What? Why?"

"Because ...some gross people are making out and shoving their tongue down each other's throats," I told a harmful lie. She gave me a puzzled look then removed my hands from her ears. And rolled her eyes when she saw what I was holding back for her to see.

Finally the fucking tour was over then we strolled around the riverwalk in the fine evening of Chicago, hand in hand, smiling-talking and giggling all the way. After for an hour of walk or so, we rested our elbows on the railing and watched the water flow and also the well lighten-tall buildings making the river much more beautiful at the night.

Later, we go into a restaurant and order our dinner. "You know who wears sunglasses in indoors?" I ask.

"Who?"

"Blind peoples and douche bags like me," I points out at my glasses. I want this outrageous thing off of me as soon as possible.

She laughs and we wait for our food.
The moment the server puts down our deep-dish pizza, Tessa takes out her phone and snaps atleast twenty pictures of the fucking pizza in twenty different angles. I hate when people does that but it's Tessa so I'll let it go.

"Can I eat now?" I ask, resting my chin on back of my hand. The pizza must be cold by now for sure.

"Yeah, sure," she looks up at me and snaps another one before putting her phone back into her purse.

"Why'd you have to take so many of them, only two could've done the job," I ask before shoving almost entire slice in my mouth.

"Nora and I take for her baking dishes so now it's a habit I guess." She shrugs and places a slice on her plate."We post on the Instagram, it's our thing," she tells me and takes a bite from her pizza.

"You are on Instagram?" I chuckle. This a funny and surprise to me because she never used any social media, like she was purposely being a outdated person compared to this generation.

"Yes. Only Nora's influence though," she mutters and we finish our dinner. I have a account too but I'm not telling Tessa, not right now. It was my agent's idea to have one for my readers to connect with me but I haven't use that fucking thing yet. Though I do have the offical bluetick, good number of followers and some posts that I didn't but my agent uploaded it. Which is utter bullshit.

"I shouldn't have wore these heels," she groans as we step inside the elevator of my building.

"Come here, I'll carry you," I offer and step closer to her, hooking my arm under her legs, I lift her into his arms. Latching her arms around my neck and pulling me closer to her, she gives me a kiss on my jaw.

Once we get inside of my apartment, I change into my boxers, Tessa only in my shirt that I wore all day and her panties. As tired we both are, we get onto my bed early after she sets her alarm, though her flight is at night but just in case, then we lay down.

Pulling her body closer to mine, she wraps her arm around my torso and we drift off to sleep.

{Please vote⭐ and comment◉‿◉}