Chapter 15

Tessa's POV:

When I get inside the restroom, I put my phone on side of the sink counter and lean putting my plams onto it. And let out my breathe that I was holding. Who's this girl they're talking about? And why Hardin didn't told me anything about her? Are they seeing each other?

I get inside one of the stalls and at the same time some women comes inside the restroom. By the time I get out they were gone, I washed my hands and head out. When I get halfway through, I remember that I left my phone on the sink. I go back to get it but it's not there.

I look around first then I spend a half hour trying to find the lost and found, or ask a guard to help me find it. Eventually I see it sitting on a trash can, like someone realized it wasn't theirs, but didn't bother to put it back where they found it. When I try to turn it on, the battery is already dead.

I go back to find Hardin at the spot where I left him, but he is gone. When I ask Ken, he said that, Hardin would've been left with his friends.

I go straight to my car and headed to my mother's house.
He left?

When I get in my mother's driveway, she was getting in her car. But she stopped when she spotted me. I controlled my tears to not to fall the whole way throughout my drive. I step out of my car and she comes where I stand.

"I thought you'd stay there, at least for today?" She ask.

"I.. he had a lots of things to do, so I thought I'd leave and let him do his works." I try to explain her with my lie.

"Oh, I'm going to David's place, he needs me. You can come too?" She politely offer.

"No, I'm tried after the long drive I've had. So I'm just going to rest." I tell her and she get in her car, pulls away and gone.

I go straight to my room, close the door and stumble in my bed. I bury my face into my pillow and started to cry.

He just left? How'd he just left without even saying a goodbye to me? He moved on, isn't he? He give up. He give up on me and us. I thought he loved me enough to stay around this time. What I thought and wish, that he'd be there? There for me and come back to me.

Yes, of course.
Am I too naïve to think that?

I didn't give up, I'd never even think about that. And move on that easily. I was trying to get together my life before I go back to him, and he just found someone else go live with.

That's why he called me less, because of some girl that maybe he loves. She's the reason for his radiant, happy face. He may got a tattoo for her and hung out with her the whole time. He looks more happier with her than he was with me.

But I've to let him be happy. Even though it's not because of me. I've to let him go. Let him with her and get them on with their lives.

I have to get on with my life too.

.....
Three weeks later...

"Can I get one more cookie? Please" Heather ask David. "Dad just one more." Me and my mother are at David's house for the dinner.

"No, Heather. You already ate two. Not any more." He sternly says to her, and take a piece of broccoli in his mouth with a fork.

"But you said that if I eat this broccoli and carrots I'll get one more." She points to her clear plate. "You lied to me." She cross her little hand against her chest.

"Yes I did and you're not getting anymore" he admits and she groans.

"Heather, you can have one." My mother interjects and the little girl clap her hands and go to the kitchen. "But only one and the smallest in the jar." She said to her over her shoulder.

"Carol, she already ate two." David informs my mom.

"Just a little one cookie won't hurt her, it'll make her happy." She smile at David.

"You think she'll take the smallest one?" He raise his brow.

"Yeah, I hope so." She said and look down at her plate.

"Sure" he chuckle.
"We should take a vacation trip what do you say?" He ask my mother.

"Where?" She wipes her mouth with the napkin.

"I have a place in mind. You should come with us too Tessa. It's like a beach, and you're moving in a month for New York, so?" He asks me.

"I.." I look my mother.

"Yes Theresa, come on. You should get your mind off a bit. Heather would be happy if you join." She smile at me the way she did at David in a few minutes ago.

"Okay." I agrees. I've been planning for my move to New York in this last three weeks, with Landon after I get back from that ceremony. He learnt me how to Skype which makes my planning even more easier. And now I'm moving in a month.

"Pack your bags for a week atleast." He informs us. "We're going there on tenth of July, which is only five days for now."

....
Five days later...

"Can you turn on the music dad, I'm getting bored." Heather said to her dad. David is driving, my mom is in the passenger seat and me and Heather are at the back. I look outside the window taking in the scenery. We're on our way to that place where David rent a cabin for a week.

Cabin. Yes. And I think that I know this place a bit as we drive through it, like I've been in here. Me, him, and his family did stay here, near somewhere, I think. As we were drove to that cabin, his head on my lap and my fingers gently massaged his scalp, while he held me with his arms around my body.

I've to stop thinking this, or I'll never move on.

He moved on and he's happy. So I should do that too. I have to let him go and out of my mind too. I don't want to cry again in this topic and ruin this trip. Again.

"Sure." David turn up the volume and I recognise the song, it's one of the song from The fray.

Stop, stop I don't want to hear this. Please someone stop this. It's hurt. It's reminds me of him. Please stop. It's hurt so much that I can't bear it.

I feel the tears are coming so I close my eyes and put my head on the window.

After an hour passes, we get in our destiny, it's not that big like Ken's cabin but good for four of us.

Next day. We did nothing yesterday just get our bags inside and spend the day watching the barely-there view. This cabin is very different from that cabin. Of course it is. That cabin hold so many memories, mostly the bad one but still I miss that one.

No I'm not. Stop this non-sense Tessa. I said to myself.

I get ready and goes into the living room where all of them are sitting on the couch. We're going to somewhere to eat, where David knows the place. When they sees me, they get up and goes to the car. I take Heather hands and goes too.

"There's not many restaurant over here, but this one is good. It's a bit of a drive but it's worth it." David promise when we are halfway to the restaurant.

I look outside the window from my phone, to take in the place and I see that small bar in my view, where me and him got drunk and had fun. This trip is reminding of him, in every way possible.

David pulls the car in the parking space of the restaurant and we get out the car, tugging my dress I look up at and see what?
That same restaurant where me and his family ate. This whole trip is mocking me, of us we had, when we spent our time here.

We get inside, give our names, take our seats and order. The food arrives and some waiter pours cold water in my glass. Thank God is not champagne, like the last time.

"Good to see you, again." A familiar voice say. When I look up it's the...