Chapter 49

Tessa's POV:
Four days later...

"I'm here." I text him, so he doesn't have to worry about. I'm here in Chicago not for him specially, for Josie's wedding.

She was so excited when she told me to be her bridesmaid, so I wouldn't, couldn't possibly turn her down. She is my good friend and it is going to be important for her, memorable day of her life so I didn't want to hurt her feelings and say no to her like it's nothing. So I accepted her lovely offer. Though I've to go alone because I don't have a person to go in there with me as my date.

I do have him, but I don't want to force him to that and come with me. And I don't want to be seen publicly with him, as you know he is famous with his controversial book. Beside he doesn't like wedding too, this is the big reason I'm giving myself.

I put by bag down on the bed of my hotel room. By the way, I'm not staying into his apartment, it would so awkward to even ask and to live too. It is for the best and not having any awkward situation between us, after a whole year.

I'm going to rest till the evening and get ready afterward.
We have a dinner tonight. Hope that doesn't turn into any weird way, I say crossing my fingers.

...
Hardin's POV:

My phone buzzes and there's a text for her saying,
"I'm here."

Oh God. She is here.

I can feel a sudden change in air. Some of you would say it's the weather and shit, blah blah blah. But no, it is not. It's her, I know it's her. She just fucking change the whole state's climate, only being here for few minutes.

I was disappointed when she told me that she is living in a hotel. A hotel, even though I've a apartment here. And if she wanted a another room for her only, I've it too in my worthy apartment for her.

If she would just ask me if she could live here, I'd make her a ‌comfortable room to stay not any strange hotel room, all alone. I know what she is thinking, that shits would be get weird or awkward between us. So I got that.

Though we have a great date to attend tonight. After a year, a whole ass year later I'm going to see her and have romantic dinner with her.

...

I'm sitting in the restaurant which I've been reserved for both us two days ago. I tried to talk her out to pick her up from the hotel but she refused to let me and said just text the location. So here I'm.

Wearing this white button up shirt, black dress pants and with black dress shoes, waiting for her. Am I wearing so much of a formal today? I didn't know what to wear so I pick up which was so...clean? And she like white shirts on me thus here it is.

It's seven-thirty, she'd in here by any minute now. I push my one hair strand back away from my forehead which was fallen from my styled hair. Yes, I styled my hair, so that it don't disturb me by falling onto my face and pushing it away from my face everytime, so I styled it only have good time with only focusing on her without any distractions.

"Do you want to give any orders sir?" Someone says, a waiter obviously.

As polite bastard I'm, I decline politely. "Not now. I'm waiting for someone, so probably later when she comes."

Smiling he goes away, giving me a look. A weird look, which says who the fuck wants to be with this guy and have a meal to share.

Asshole.

Am I being paranoid and think he did give me that look? Or he did really look me at that way? Either ways, he is a asshole. Fuck off.

I look at the entrance of the restaurant to see if she is there or not. But I don't see her. She wouldn't stand me up, would she?

No, no. She won't do that. She is not like that, I am-was-I was the one but not now. I look at my phone to see if she texted me or not, but there isn't anything. I look back at the entrance because more peoples are coming in from there. And including her too.

There's her open natural blonde hair shining under the lights up on the ceiling.
She is behind some couple like who's in their forties and shit. It's looks like she's having difficulty to move past them.

Fucking move old pals.

I stand up in my feet to help her, but she excuses them and comes inside then her eyes meet mine in merely second. Fuck.

She is so beautiful, wearing off shoulder purple-velvety dress, which touches slightly down to her knees, wearing heels and a purse on her shoulder. She comes toward me and I fucking freeze where I'm standing. I should do something, but my feet just won't follow what my brain is saying.

She stands across me, smiling she asks, "Is this seat is for mine?"

"Of course, it is. For you. Only you." I say, still standing making no move. Fuck, what happened to me? What she has done to me with her beauty?

Smiling, she looks down. Putting the purse down from her shoulder, she drags out the chair, "Wait." I say and finally move to help her, "Please. Let me." I request. Dragging the chair for her to sit down, comfortably.

"Thanks, Mr. Scott." She says.

"It's my pleasure. Ms. Young." I move to sit down across her in my chair. We are just staring at each other, there is no awkwardness or anything like that, which is good. I should say something. "So, how was the flight? Hope you didn't get any problems."

"No no, I didn't." She chuckles. "It was good though-"

"Do you guys want to gives order now?" The waiter interrupts her. "Or anything to drink?" Fuck him. Oh God, he is annoying me now.

Cool down Hardin, no need to lash on him. It's his job, job for being an asshole probably.

"Yes. We'll get something to drink. Wine?" I look at Tessa and she nods. "So yeah wine—"

"Okay. Wine for both of you. And something to eat?" He interrupts.

"No. Wine for her and club soda for me." I tell to the asshole. He kinda raises is brow and giving me that look again. Fuck you. Do your job you prick.

"We will be giving the orders later." He nods and leaves us. Thank God. "He is so shitty at this job." I say and Tessa giggles.

"So you don't drink anything?" She asks.

"No. Not at all." I shake my head. "Though only water and soda sometimes." She smile up at me like giving me some sorts of praising. I like that.

"Thanks for meeting me here and have this date with me." I change the subject.

"It is not a date. We are only having a dinner." She shakes her head. Sure Theresa, sure.

After laughing, eating, sharing only one massive mound of ice cream, topped with chocolate candies and too much hot fudge, our stomach is full. "I'm fucking full now."

"Yes, me too." She softly laugh.

"Do you want more wine to drink?" I ask, she has only one so...and I want to spend more time with her.

"No. I'm good. I should go now." She says. Please don't leave so soon. She might seen my desperate eyes saying otherwise, cause she said, "Why don't we go to my hotel and have some drinks there?"

{Please vote ⭐️ and comedy^_^}