Chapter 5

Tessa's POV:

My drive back to my mother's house was emotionally filled with sadness, for leaving Hardin there. I cried the whole time, tears just won't stop coming, even after I convince myself that this is not any break up we have been in the past, this time it's for the best, and stop this endless cycle of back and forth, hurting each other and yourself and people's around us.

I park my car in my mother's drive through and wipes my face before I go inside, otherwise she will give me hard time and lectures me about my relationship with Hardin. I take my bags out of my car, putting them in front door of the house, and ring the doorbell.

My mother opens the door, she is dressed but there is no make up on in her face. "Hi mom" I say.

"What are you doing here?" She ask." Wait, did he do something stupid again, didn't he?"

"No, no, not this time. I just want to spend my time with you" I say.

"Really?" disbelief clearly on her face. "Now get inside, we'll talk about this later." She takes one of my bags and goes into the living room and I follow her behind
with my bag and purse.

She put my bag there and ask me "Do you want something to drink, I just made coffee, if you want some?" and goes to the kitchen.

"Yes, please" I say, putting my bag and follow her there and sit down on the chair. She gives me the coffee and sit down across mine with her in her hands.

"So now tell me, what happened, and why are you here?" She ask taking a sip of her coffee.

"I already told you, that I am here to spend time with you. Really. And nothing happened, I just wants sometime to figures everything's out" I honestly said.

"Oh, okay then" she says and stand up.That was easy. "But if there is something that you want to tell me, please tell me Theresa. I'm your mother and maybe I can help with that. But I have to go for work now and get ready. So tell me another time whenever you want." And goes to her room.

That surprise me, my mother understanding and supportive. I drink my coffee and wash the mug, putting it aside, and get to the living room, take my phone out of my purse, and text Hardin to know that I'm here.

I don't trust myself for calling, cause I know that I'll cry immediately, if I hear sadness in his voice. He text back saying, he is missing me.
I want to say that, I'm also missing him but I stop myself for doing that. And take my bags to my room.

After I put them beside the closet for unpacking, my phone buzzed. If it is Hardin calling me, I don't know how I will keep my voice from breaking. But it's Landon and I pick it up. Before I even say hello, he started to speak.

"Before you say something, I just want to say sorry, I'm so sorry Tessa, I shouldn't have said those things to you. I was just so mad at Hardin that he slammed me against the wall, and that anger just past towards you. But that's not a very good excuse for my behavior." He take a breath and he add "So, I'm sorry Tessa"

"It's okay Landon, I get it. But you were right, that I shouldn't have interfere in your family matters and drag more problems in it" I say.

"No, Tessa, you didn't. I was just being an asshole. And you are my family. Because of you, only you, he started to talk to us. If you weren't here, he would've never been talking to us. And please comeback here." He says.

"It's okay Landon, really, and I think I might stay here for a while with my mother. Wait, how did you even know I was here?" Hardin must have told him.

And I was right. "Hardin told me, when I get to your room to apologize, he was there and pissed off at me and I was surprised that he didn't beat me up, if he did, I wouldn't complain cause I deserved it. I'm sorry again, I was just so frustrated about all things" he apologize again.

"Its okay and now stop apologizing." We both do too much of that.

"So, now New York? You're coming right? Please don't change your plan. I really want you to come with me." He requests.

"I don't know, I don't even have a plan and a place to stay there. And I didn't even get accepted by NYU." I really wants to go there.

"You can stay with me, I have a extra room there. I've no problem with that, and Ken can help with your transcript." He is trying to convince me.

"I think I'll just take this semester off. And wait for them to accept or I could just apply at another college within five the mile radius in New York." I say. That isn't a good decision but I don't have any other choices.

"You really want to do that? But it's your choice. Call me when you decide and I'll help you with that. Don't hesitate, okay?" He ask softly.

"Yeah, I won't." I promise.

"Okay, bye" he says and hung up.