Chapter 87

Tessa's POV:

"How about truth or dare?" Kelsey suggests.

The second the horrible game name blurts out from her mouth I choke on my wine, creating less space to let the air out and the half-empty glass was almost slip from my grasp but I catch myself and grip it firmly.

"Come on, let's play this and make this boring party a little fun." She adds.

No, no, no. I'm not playing that stupid game ever again. That game did destroy my life pretty bad and messy and I'm still recovering from that betrayal from my fake friends. No fucking way I'm going to play it, maybe this is a plan like the last time people played me to know my virginity and a punk boy bet on it to take it. And now it I could be planned out too, maybe this good people of friends are playing me too. Maybe Kelsey want to do something bad to me.

What I'm thinking?

These friends are not like them, they're not the evil manipulator devil of a group. These are good one, who really cared about me,  their friendship with me is not fake like them. But no way I'm playing it again to get on an another type of bet with someone in here.

"Sorry, but I'm not playing it." I tell her.

"But why?" She asks.

"I'm just not into it." I say the truth. If only she knew what's the other reason I would never play this crappy game ever again. Landon and Nora knows why I don't want to play cause they've his pathetic book, they know well. "I'll watch you guys though, just not participating."

"It won't be interesting with only four members. It'll be fun, please." She requests but I stay silent and finish off my wine and pour myself another one. "Nora, please help me convince her." She goes to her.

Nora is blankly looking at me then at Kelsey, then walks over to me with an aim in her greenish-brown eyes that I catch now. Hell, she's going to convince me but she  know I hate this game.

"Nora-" I begins but she cuts me off.

"I know damn well why you don't want to play." She says at very low voice so only the two of us could hear. "But we're not that group of fuckers who'd do anything like that to you, you know that right?" She places her palm on my shoulder and gently squeezes it.

"I know." I whispers. I do know that these group of people care about me, genuinely. They don't laugh at me or belittle me for being myself and or at my inexperienced like them, they don't lie or hurt me like them and they don't take advantage of me like those evil group of punks.

"Then come on, let's play this. It's for fun only, nothing less and nothing more." She glides her hand down on my arms and gives me a gentle rub on my cardigan's sleeve.

"Okay." I nod with a small smile.

"Aye! She's convinced finally." Kelsey howls behind Nora and then glups the half-empty glass of wine down her throat in a second, grabbing the bottle again she pours herself another, "I want this bottle for spinning it in the game so let's finish this."

She tells and pours into Landon's glass which he barely drink any, then into Robert's then Nora and lastly into mine, emptying the bottle completely.

"So, let's get sit down." She instructs and go into the living room and sits down on the carpet, first. Landon and Robert followed by.

"We'll be there in a minute. Can you turn a background mucic on?" Nora requests to Kelsey and she nods.

"You got it." She turns to her phone and doing what she told to, while Nora pulls my arm which isn't holding the glass to get my attention.