Chapter 99

Tessa's POV:
A day after that...

"So... guys." Stepping out from my room with a small notepad and a pen in hand I meet the soon-to-be-wed couple in the living room. "Have you decided the wedding date and the budget, as I told you yesterday to do?" I ask.

Walking over to them I sit down on my bended knees on the carpet with the teapoy in front of me so I could write down easily into the notepad as the small table could support it. I place the open notepad on the wooden teapoy with pen on top of it, and lifting my arms up I put my elbows on it's edge and look up at the couple whose sitting on the couch behind the other side of the teapoy.

"Yeah." Nora nods with a nervous smile.

"Then, when is the date?" I question both of them.

"October second." Landon revels. What?

"It's so soon!" I exclaim widening my eyes. It's only twenty days of gap from today, how could a whole wedding would be arranged in that short amount of time. It's impossible to happen, really. "And you'll miss yours so many classes." I inform him. He's on his junior year and I know he would never miss a single class as he is so nerdily serious about attending his school so it's revere to see that he's ready to skip three whole worth weeks of classes.

"Yeah, we fixed a date that's really very near because we thought the sooner is better and my fiancee is getting old in here faster than me, so...," he adds, teasingly and Nora elbow him on his stomach, gently.

"I'm just twenty-seven." She huffs. "No fucking way I'm near getting old faster than you. You just happened to be five years younger than me so zip your young mouth, young man." Playfully she scolds him and he laughs at her humorous scolding.

"Okay, I will then." He promises to her and turns his head to me afterwards. "And of course if I've to marry her I had to lose something and missing classes are the least thing I could do for her." He shifts his body more closer to her and wraps his left arm around her waist from her behind.

She gives him a smirk that he didn't notice and I just nod looking at both of them.

"And also I don't want to be that guy, those stereotypical man who only sits and do nothing but nod at everything his partner says weather it's right or wrong." He explains by pulling her more close to him and she lets him. "My involvement would be as much as her in our wedding, no more, no less, only equally." Turning his head to her, he gives a smile with his puppy glowing eyes looking into hers.

Ah, love birds.

"That's absolutely fine to me if it's to you both." I muster but no one heard me. "And what's the budget?" I ask, breaking their heavy gawking and gazing at each other intensely, that made me so uncomfortable for keep looking at both and sitting with them.

They turn their heads to me when I ask and Landon takes the notepad and the pen from the small table in front of me. Writing down the amount across the paper he places the open notepad in front of me. It's quite big big amount, when I look down at the figure they both chose.

"We want this wedding to be small and simple, even though it's Ken's money we won't be spending this lum sum amount into some dumb and stupid things." Nora tells me. "We want to use his finance wisely and use it where it'd be really needed."

"Okay, I get it. I'm sure everything will fit into this budget." I promise, though I don't have any-not even a smudge of clue about how to plan a small and simple wedding and fit into the budget, but I have to do it now.

I'll do it. I can do it, right?

"So here is the list of things we have to do first," grabbing the notepad from the teapoy and opening the page of the checklist I made yesterday of how to and what to do to arrange a wedding from the internet. "Firstly the venues. So do you guys wants it in New York or in Washington?"