Chapter 27

Tessa's POV:

When I get to the restaurant it's very much crowded, the peoples have their face red due to they didn't get their lunch. And the manager is talking to customers about the complain, I think. I take out my notepad and started to taking orders. Few other servers also join and after an hour the place is quite settle.

"Thanks for coming though." The manager take a breath then continue, "You said that you want the lunch and the dinner, so here it is. Hope you can handle."

"Yes I want the shifts and don't worry I can handle it." I say with a smile.

"Last minute the three servers bailed so this situation was arrived." He move his hands in the air.
I nod and he go.

"Are you stalking me, Tessa," a familiar voice says behind me. When I turn around to see who is it. And it's Robert.

"I'm not, you're certainly." I scoff.
"I work here. What are you doing here? Getting some lunch?" I ask.

"No. I also work here. I just got appointed today." He straighten his tie. The neon-green tie is looking very good on him with is blonde and blue eyes.

"Oh," such a coincidence.

"Tessa, this the new server. So can you teach him what to do and how to do?" The manager came and asks.

"Yeah. Sure." I nod and he dismisses himself. I look at Robert again and he raises his brows together indicating to start.

I do exactly what Kelsey did when it was my first day here. Not so humorously, but he'd get all the things that he have to know.
He told me about when he got in New York, which is a week ahead of me when I got here. And his classes would be going to start two weeks later so by the time he wants to do some work. So his roommate tells him that her restaurant wants some server.

"Who's your roommate that work here? Maybe I know her." I ask.

"Her name is Kelsey. Do you know her?" He says.

"Yes I know her. She's the one who gave me my first tour. And she is so sweet person to work with." I tell him.

"Yes, she's sweet." He nod.
I think he wanted to say something more when he open and close his mouth.
Our shift is over and I get to my apartment.

.........
Next day...

I'm debating that I should tell him or not that Robert is here with me and working in my restaurant with me. Though it's not his business that who I'm working with. But when he'd come here, he may looses his temper by seeing him. Though I'm not dating Robert or anything like that, but still.

You know how he gets jealous when it comes to me.

Though he's seeing someone and he didn't get bother to tell me, so I'm upset with him. More.

I'm not going to call or text him about Robert, obviously. So I'm just going to tell Landon, who talks to him more than me, he'd tell him about Robert.

So I go to his room and knock on the door. He open and I say, "Hey."

"Hey." He runs his hand over the stubble on his jaw and step in front of me to go toward the living room. I sit down on the
opposite end of the couch and he rest his feet on the coffee table."What's up? Are you okay?" he asks me.

"Yeah..." I pause. "I think so. Do you remember that guy named Robert? The one who I met when we went to the lake with your mom and Ken?" And him.

"Yeah, the waiter?"

"Yes, the waiter. So, guess who works with me, started yesterday?"

He raise a brow. "No way. Here in Brooklyn?"

"Yes way," I half jokes, which is not so funny.

"He came in and I was so surprised to see him here, all the way across the country. He's starting his training as I finish mine. It's so weird, right?"
It's definitely weird.

"A little, yeah."

"It's like the universe is giving me some sort of a test or something." I'm exhausted with all of this stress on my shoulder. "Do you think it's okay for me to be friends with him? I'm not
even close to being ready to date anyone." I look around the room. "But I could use more friends. That's okay, right?"

"What? More friends than just me? How could you!" He teases. I kick at him and he grab hold of my pink-socked foot, tickling the sole. I scream and lunge at him. He hold his arms up
and wrap them around me, preventing me from whatever revenge I'm planning to extract. I scream and laugh, loudly.

"Nice try," he say, laughing,
tickling my sides. I thrash like a fish on the deck.

"Landon!"I shout dramatically,
trying to get free from his grip. I'm still kicking and he loosened his hold on me. My cheeks is hurting from laughing and my hair is messy. My tie is thrown over my shoulder and he burst into laughter. I stick my tongue out at him.

Hearing something, I look toward the hallway. Dakota is standing in the doorway staring, at Landon and me on the couch.

"Hey." He says to her.

"Hi." She says.

"Hey, Dakota." I wave with one hand while trying to fix my braid with the other. He stands up from the couch and moves toward Dakota."I'm going back to work. If you guys need anything while I'm out, text me," I say.
I grab my purse from the table and tuck keys into my apron.

"Will do," he says just as I walk through the door.

....

"He's cute. Right?" I look at Nora's eyes to see who she is talking about. It's Robert. Who glanced at me and turn his head away when I looked at him.

"Yeah. I mean..." he is cute and hot. But he's not my type, I've got my type, who's not mine anymore.

"You mean, he's cute and HOT." she gives more emphasis on hot word.

"Enough of that," I turn away from her and go into the restaurant's kitchen with empty plates in my hand.

"Okay. You want to come? I'm going to your apartment." She asks and follow me into the kitchen.

"You go, I still have many things to do," I put the plates on the sink.

"Okay." She says and go.

It's late when I got at my apartment because at the end of my shift more than twenty peoples came. But Robert was there to help, sweet of him.
I text this to Nora, not the Robert part, that I've got more twenty peoples to serve.

I get inside the appartment, untie my apron and lay it on the back of the chair. And Landon is sitting on the chair, at this time he goes to sleep.
"Hey, what are you doing up?"I ask. He look at the time on the stove. It's nearly one in the morning."I don't know," he was supposed to be with Dakota.

I glance around the room and spots a white cake covered in saran wrap on the counter, I remember Nora was supposed to be her too. "Where's Nora?" I ask.

He clear his throat and explain, "She came by for a little bit, then she got called back to work."

"Back to work? By who?
I just left there and Robert and I were the last people there."

"I must have heard her wrong. How was work?" He doesn't look convincing when he say that.
He change the subject asking how my day was and I let me.
I tell him that it was the usual. After that he goes to his room and I go and sit down on the couch, switch on the television.

I want sleep but I don't feel like it, so I switch to some documentary show, lie on the couch, still on my work clothes and put the remote on my stomach. After some time later my eyes feel heavy and I drift of to sleep.

I wake by something crawling on my back, when I open my eyes it's.......