Chapter 54

Tessa's POV:

After we danced and said congratulations and goodbye to the new couple, we make our way to Hardin's car. Opening for me, he goes to the other side and we hop in.

Starting the car, he pulls out from the parking lot. "So where are you taking me?" I ask.

"Some private place to ourselves." He taps his fingers on the steering wheel.

"Which is?" I ask, curiosity gets the best of me.

"To... my appartment." And I snap my head to look at him.

"What? To your apartment?" He nods. "No, no, no. I'm not going there." I shake my head.

"You promised me that I will get to choose the place. And I'm choosing my apartment and you're coming, as the part of our deal." He reminds me.

"You broke the deal first, remember? By showing up at the wedding." I cross me arms.

"You told me not to come which I didn't promise that." He acts like he's been reasonable, despite he's not. "And what's the big deal if you come at my place? It's pretty clean. I cleaned up this morning before I..." he trail off.

"Before you what?" Now what he did.

"Before I...followed you from the hotel to the church."

"You followed me!" I exclaim. "Have you listen to yourself? You sound like some creep." Stalker really.

"I know. But I did it for you." He says. "But really, why don't you want to go at my place?" He asks.

"Because it's your personal space and I don't want to invade your privacy." I lie.

"Invade my privacy? Don't you think that you did enough in the past that eventually I fallen in love with you." He looks at me away from the street.

Yes I do remember, walking into his room at the frat house, touching his books and he would yell at me for not to come and touch his stuffs like some intrusive. Oh I remember everything that happened in that room. Some good and some bad, mostly worse things happened to me.

"Now I love when you invade my privacy." He takes a turn. "And I also know that you're lying." He calls me out.

"I'm not lying." I lie again.

"You so are. So tell me what is it that nagging in the head of yours." He demands and looks back at the road.

How am I suppose to tell him that I think that some women may have stayed and slept with him there. I know that this thought is ridiculous but I can't help it. Taking some long breathe I finally answer, "I've a thought in my mind tha...that, you may sleep with some wom...women."

"What?" He snaps his head at me. "Why did you think that?"

"Because you might needed sex." My voice is low as I said the stupid reason. "And also it's been over a year and you didn't get from me, so you might needed from others..."

"This is so fucking ridiculous." He runs his fingers into his hair. "I know that I don't have self control when its come to sex, but it's with you. Only you, Tessa. Even if I've to live away from you for ten years, I'm not going to fuck some woman random or not." He made a disgusted face.

"You didn't?" Suddenly happy to hear it.

"No. God no." He shakes his head.

"Good." I say it under my breath that he didn't hear it. I rest my back against the seat and relax.

"Though I was kidding about living away from you for ten years." He tease and I swat his shoulder.

I look at street and back at him. Again like last night, drive to my hotel, he's gripping the steering wheel tight with knuckles white. "Are you okay?" I ask.

"Yeah. Why?" He gulps.

"I don't know you seems like you're not. Gripping the wheel tight." I look down at his hands.

"What? No. I'm not." He lies and loosen his grip.

"You're lying. Tell me the truth." I mock his words few minutes ago.

"I am thinking about putting my hands on your thigh." He tells.

"That's it?" I raise my brow.

"Yeah, that is it. Can I?" He requests.

"Yes, you can." And he puts his hand on my thigh. I kinda wish that this dress had a split cut, so that his fingers encircling my bare skin. "Why did you hesitated at first?"

"Because it's a...intimate gesture." Intimate gesture? How nice of him to think.

"We did a quite intimate things last night and this morning, don't you think?" He chuckles.

"True." He gives a little squeezes on my thigh.

After few minutes later, he stops and parks his car at the parking lot. "Here we are." He tells me.

We get out from his car and walks into some pretty fancy looking building. He takes my hand in his and leads us into the elevator. He presses the number button and turns to me with a grin. What he is thinking?

As we are moving up, his hand goes up to my waist and bring me closer to him. "You are going to love my apartment so much that you don't want to go back to yours." I roll my eyes. "Speaking of that, when is your flight?"

"On Sunday night." I tell him.

"So soon." He groans. "You may change your mind." Giving me a wicked smile the door opens, stepping out, he pull me across the hallway and stop at the third door. "Here it is." Opening the door, he gestures for me to enter.

As I take in his place, my eyes and mouth are wide open.Wow. His apartment is appealing, artistic really. From living room to kitchen and two rooms at the opposite side. All furniture is, not so old but somewhat old fashion and rest is modern, balancing the two perfectly.

"So what do you think? Change your mind to stay here for long." He removes his jacket off and throws it at the chair.

"Actually..." it's beautiful, but these are not the things that going to keep me, it's this brown-curly haired man surely.

"If it's not enough then we should go to my bedroom, and I'm sure it will give you more of a reason to stay." He pulls me by my elbow to his room.

"What is it there? Beside your big bed." I'm sure he has a king size bed for himself.

"My big dick." He teases and I swat on his arm.

Opening the door for me, he switches on the light, and the first thing I see is a king size bed, obviously. Moving farther my eyes goes on a portrait hanging across the wall from the bed.
My portrait. Giant really.

"What the hell is this?" I gape at the sight.

"Do you like it?" He asks behind me.

"Why would you get this? And at this enormously large size?" I shriek.

"Because it shows my love for you, Tessa. Though it's small compare to the love I have, but you get it, right?" He walks in front of me and leans on the wall.

"You really are a creep." I tease. "No one puts their loves one picture in their bedroom at this big in size." I put my hand on my temple.

"Maybe because they don't love them as they claim, Tessa." He shrugs.

I roll my eyes and move farther to the picture. God he is crazy for doing this.

{Please vote⭐️ and comment^_^}