Chapter 82

Tessa's POV:

While I'm pacing around my bedroom frantically, my heart was beating rapidly against my skin as my shaky finger dial Robert's number to give my answer regarding being his girlfriend.

I've thought very deeply and thoroughly about his proposal in my mind in these last few days and I wanted to confess to him but he didn't come at his work today, though he hasn't been showing up at the restaurant for the last three days after since he divulged his feelings towards me and I think he is been avoiding me because I rejected him since then- I didn't exactly reject him, I just asked him for some time to think but he might took as a rejection.

But now I'm ready. I think at least I'm ready to give him the answer to that, though I didn't take very long time to thought this through but the amount of time I've taken is enough time for me to came upon in this decision I've come up at.

You're probably thinking I'm making irrational decision right now but I'm not. I'm ready to date him.

Give me a reason why I shouldn't date him. He's kind, gently understanding and very mature about his own actions. He likes to help people the way I do, he cared about his friends and keep them secured, protected and give the the safe place around his arms to lean on.

Why I should not give him the chance that I know he won't crush them like him? Robert won't write a story- a whole novel- about his and mine relationship.

So he's perfect. Robert is perfe-

I cut off by the sudden stop it ringing at the other end of my phone.

"Hello?" Robert says after picking up my call. I thought that he wouldn't pick up but gald he did.

"Hey! Robert," I greet, my voice suddenly sounds in a high pitch.

"Tessa, what's up?" He sounds normal, no discomfort like I was thinking.

"I was...worried about you." I tell on the receiver.

"Worried? I'm fine though but why were you worrying about me?"

"Because you weren't showing up at the work so I thought something happened to you as that or you're...trying to avoid me." I blurt out which was eating me from the inside.

"I'm good but why I'd be avoiding you though?" He asks, cautiously.

"I've a doubt because of what you said at the diner...to be your girlfriend." I remind him and stop moving around my room to listen what he has to say.

"Tessa!" His tone is raised, slightly but cool down effectually. "I promised that I'm giving you time to process and think about it. And if you happen to decline it I won't just bail on you and avoid or not to talk to you ever again." He explains, sweetly. "And also friendship is that all you can give I'd be happy to live with that. So don't worry me wouldn't be talking to you because you'd reject me." His voice is so soft and he's so understanding about our whole thing.

"Thanks." I sit down at the edge of my bed and now my unstable nerves are soothe. "Then why weren't you coming at the restaurant?" I ask. He never miss a day since he join the restaurant, maybe got late sometimes but never leave shift unattended, so it's new to me, him not showing up.

"I was just busy with my school, you know how med school can be and also I'm preparing to go to Washington to meet my parents." He informs. I remember him telling me at the diner when we were having breakfast that he's also going to go.

"Oh."

"You're also gonna go right? At your mom's wedding," he asks though I told him already.

"Yeah, me, Nora and Landon are going, our flight is on December fifth so we still have time to pack our thing up." I tell.