Chapter 62

Tessa's POV:
One week later ...

"Hey!" I greet Nora when I get inside the break room. She's taking off her coat as her shift is over and mine night shifts are just started.

"Hey!" she says, carrying her purse on her shoulder. "Oh shit! I was almost forget to tell you," she slaps her forehead, when I store my purse inside the locker.

"Tell me what?" I ask and she stands next to me.

"My sister and her husband invited me and Landon for the dinner today, though I never go when they do but they arranged it at Amir's house so we have to go, you know my family shits," she explains me.

Nora did told me about her family background and I remember that she don't like her sister much and her in-laws too. Because they wants to seize Amir's property and Nora won't let that happened. Her sister's husband and Amir are real brothers. Amir is also Nora's ex-husband.

Yeah I was shocked when she told me that she was married.

They got married at the age of nineteen only to spite their parents but it backfired on them when their marriage didn't turned out on their favor. Then they had a open relationships for couple years later at their marriage when they realized it wasn't working out, they were dating whosoever they wanted. And then two years ago, Amir got into an accident and became paralysed. Poor him.

And that left Nora, his wife at that time, with his land. Their both sides of family wants her to sign the paper work of his property and sell it, but Amir never wanted that, so now Nora is taking care of them. Obviously she's getting help from her fiancé, Landon and also from Ken. He's helping her by giving her the appropriate lawyer after Nora and Amir got divorce five months earlier before she get engaged with Landon for protecting the land from her evil ex in-laws.

She told Landon everything a year ago and they sorts everything out together in a very mature way and he supported her through out everything only to have a life with her, happily without any complications. Landon and Amir have their unique friendship that Nora adore.

"Yeah, I know," I nod.

"Don't wait for us, we might stay the night in Amir's mansion and have the dreadful family dinner," she says by swiping her both open palms in the air, in a dramatic way.

"Hope you both don't get killed by them," I laugh.

"Who knows, we might poison them first before they do anything," joking, she flips her hair. "Okay bye now. Get your ass on your work," she collides her hips with mine, lightly and head out from the restaurant, and I get to my work.

...

"Because you wasn't here on time I've to manage the crowd. You know how the costumer, hungry costumers could be, they were eating me alive," the manager is bashing on someone in the hallway when I'm on my way to the kitchen with dishes in hands.

"It won't happen again," its Robert's voice. Quickly setting down the dishes, I go into the hallway and turn to them but keep my distance from the furious manager.

"Hope it never happens or you'll get fired next time," the manger huffs in annoyance and leaves.

"Or you'll get fired next time," Robert mocks in manger's voice when I stand next to him. "I don't need this job, I'm perfectly fine, financially." He scoffs.

"Then why don't you resign from this job?" I kindly suggest. "You don't have to listen to his crappy lectures anymore."

"Because this is only the place I meet you...a-and also my ...other friends here, you know," he shutters while we are moving out from the hallway to the dining hall.

"Oh," I nod, that's so nice of him to consider. I like having his company in this place too.

"Or I definitely would've quit it way before my school was started and I could've throw my apron at his face and walk out from this filthy, dark place," he explains, while moving his hands up in the air.

"Yeah, you could have," I laugh and he also joins in.

"Really I could, would do it. Don't question my daring actions," he shrugs.

"Sure, but why were you late? An hour late," I ask.

"Nothing, just had to do my pending homeworks and a week worth of assignments," he replys. He looks tired, medical studies does that to anyone, for sure.

"Okay, now let's get to the work," I tried to cheer him up but he drop down his shoulder in exhaustion.

"Yes, ma'am," he says in a flat voice and I giggle.

"Hey Robert!" someone calls his name and we turn around to see who that is. It's Kelsey, she's in her casual clothes. She changed her night shifts to morning and afternoon ones because someone was continuously following her at late night, I'd do same to be honest if that happens to me. "Hey, Tessa." She waves at me.

"Hi," I wave back at her.

"Hey, are you okay?" Robert asks his roommate, worry at his face.

"Yeah, I'm good. I'd text you but my phone die so I just come here to tell you that I'm going to Williamsburg for couple days. My grandma fell from the stair and sprained her ankle." She explains to Robert.

"Oh no. Hope she is fine and get well soon," he assures her.

"Yeah, I hope to. I'll be out for two days so don't worry and don't touch my things and more importantly my ice-cream. Don't eat it or if you did, I'll charge the rent of the apartment on you," she playfully threatens him.

"I won't," he put his hands up in defence.

"Good, now I should get going and also have to tell the douchey manager for the leave. He's going to bite my ass for this," we all laughs. "Bye," she tells us and leaves. We also get to our work.

...

"Well something good came out from the burning, we'll get home soon," Robert says as we're standing outside the Lookout, ready to leave.

"Yeah, I guess," the restaurant's kitchen was set on fire, though thanks God nobody get hurt, but now we all are leaving three hours early. "Today you don't have to walk me, it's early now." I tell him.

"I don't have any problem with that. I feel only pressure with you, Tessa," he smiles.

"I know," I smile back. When I'm untying my aprons my purse slide down from my shoulder but Robert catches it before it touches the land. "Oh, thanks."

"Welcome. Be careful one day you might get pickpocket by some bag-snatcher if you don't pay attention to your surrounding and can't held your bag properly or loosely, Tess." He rebukes.

"Okay dad, I get it," I roll my eyes.

"Just saying. You don't know what might happen," he looks our surrounding in a comical way.

"Yeah, okay bye now Robert."

"Bye, Tess." He says, "Wait!" He calls for me as I was about to walk away from him, "Something is in your hair," he says and stands in front of me.

"Where?" I run my hand through my ponytail to find the thing, but I can't find it.

"Here, can I?" He asks and I nod. He comes closer to me and bring up his hand in my hair. "This, a feather," he tells me and shows a small greyish feather in between his fingers. He blows on the feather and set it to fly.

"Thanks," I say, and he backs away from me.

"It's nothing," he tells me, smiling and I smile back at him before heading to my apartment.

{Please vote ⭐and comment ʘ‿ʘ}