Chapter 28

Tessa's POV:

It's Landon. What he is doing? and where am I? Oh yes I'm on the couch.
"Are you okay?" I groan. I'm still asleep.

"Yeah, sorry. My phone is dead and I'm late for work. So I want your phone to call." I nod and reach my phone out, it's between the back of the couch and my hips.

He takes it from my hand and asks, "passcode?"

"Zero, two, zero, five," I say, and close my eyes. I roll on my side and lift my knees up toward my
chest.

I know what you are thinking but it's just a numbers that I can't forget. And my 1234 pin code was to easy for anyone to guess. Not anyone, him. Especially him.

"Thanks." Landon says and drape a blanket over me. I thank him with a smile and go back to sleep.
But I don't get sleep, I just stare at the walls.

After couple of minutes Landon opens the front door, leaving for his work. And Nora steps in slowly in our apartment with boxes and a bag. I stand up and assesses the situation. I take the bag and get her inside. I didn't ask her, what's with her all belongings in hands. Maybe it has to do with her roommate, Dakota.

Did she kicked her out?
It's not my place to ask and pry in their lives so I leave it to them to settle.

Pulling my hair on top of my head and take the phone for the two person table where Landon left it.
I get back to the couch and turn the television on.

After an hour later front door open, Landon comes in with a little girl with him. I sit up to greet the little guest. "Well, hi," I say with a smile. She waves and pulls her blue car from the pocket of her tiny cute jeans.

"This is Posey's little sister. I'm keeping an eye on her for the next hour and a half or so." Landon tell me.
Posey is a girl works with Landon at the coffee shop he is employed.

I waves at little girl. "What's your name?" She didn't answer. She just sits down on the floor and starts rolling her car around on our printed rug, making little noises as she drives the car along the lines. "She's adorable," I observe.

Landon nod in agreement. "I'm going to put my phone on the charger and run to the bathroom. Can you watch her for a minute?"

"Of course," I say. And he go.
"So you're not going to tell your name?" I ask the little girl and I crossed my legs on the couch.

"Lila." She said in her soft voice.

"I'm Tessa." I smile at her and she just nods.
After watching Lila is entranced by her car with a big smile, Landon and Nora walks together from the hallway.

I look at him, then at Nora, then back at him. And I didn't hide the smug on my face, but I didn't say a word.
"Lila." he bends down to talk to the little girl. "We're going to decorate a cake. Do you want to come into the kitchen with us?"

Lila looks up at him
and grabs her car. "Car," she chirps, holding the shiny Wheels up to show him.

"Yep. You can take your car
with you." He reaches for her hand and she takes him.

"I'm going to close my eyes for a few more minutes and rest,"
I say, lie back down. He tell me to go back to sleep and he walk Lila into the kitchen. Nora follows.

After some time passes, my alarm ring and it's my time for leaving to work. I take my purse, phone and keys, and head out.

......

"Sorry!" A server says and I look at her to see what she's talking about. "I'm so sorry." She looks down in my shoes.
A bowl of salad dressing that she dropped.

"Ah. It's okay." I tell her. But in reality no, it's not okay. I've to do so much work, as my today's shifts includes night shift too.

I walk away from there and go to the break room, where Robert is standing in front of his locker. "What happened?" He asks.

"Someone dropped a salad dressing on my shoes." He look down, "so I'm going to call Landon and see that he can bring me another shoes to wear " I open my locker, grab my phone and dial him, but isn't picking up his phone.

"Maybe, I can bring your shoes. Just give me the address." Robert kindly offers.

"No. It's okay." I shake my head.
"You have work here and I don't want you get scold for me."
He opens is mouth to speak but I interrupt him, "No. I can go and quickly get another one."
I head out before he says anything.

...

I open the apartment door,
"Landon?" I call and walks into the kitchen and Landon turn away to headed to his room, but I stop him. "Hey, I tried to call you," I say. "I wanted to see if you could bring my other shoes to my work. Someone dropped a bowl of salad dressing on my shoes, and I have to close tonight." He could hear from my voice that I'm stressed.

"Anyway," I don't want them that I'm strained so I change the subject, "What are you guys up to?" He look around and grab family-size box of Lucky Charms in front of his lower half.

"We were..." he shutter. I look at Nora then back at him.
Hmmm. What was happened here before I came?

"Oh, hey, what are you doing here?" I ask innocently.

"Well," Landon begin. "We were cooking," he says.

"Cooking?" I look at Nora, her expression unreadable. She steps forward.

"Yeah, chicken and..." she looks at him. "Lucky Charms." And back at me "As the breading.
You know how we have those Frosted Flake-covered tenders at work? I wanted to try with Lucky Charms," Nora explains.
Lucky Charms as a breading? She makes sometime weirdly combinations...

Nora continues, "You have to go
back to work? Here, let's get your shoes."

"I'll be right back," Landon says and go to his room.

"What's with him?" I ask Nora.

"Umm. Don't tell him that I told you this, promise me." Her brownish-green eyes tells me that she's serious.

"I promise." I say.

"We just had sex. Not sex exactly. Orgasm, orgasm on the chair. I was on top of him and he-"

I cut her off, "okay, I get it."
I turn away to get new shoes at my closet, "I'm just going to work now. Have fun."

Landon had orgasm with Nora.
Wasn't he was with Dakota yesterday. He told me that he was giving her a chance, so now today this?

Who am I judging? I did this same thing in the past with Noah and a rude, tattooed, curly headed boy.