Chapter 63

Tessa's POV:

Getting inside my apartment, it's dark means Nora and Landon are not here, they obviously went to that dinner at her ex-husband's house. Switching on the lights, I get inside my room and put down my purse on the desk. The apartment is so silent and it's creeping me out so I take out my phone from my purse and play some music, I love my new playlist. Now I feel less paranoid.

I plop down on my bed and didn't getup for almost three songs, after that I clean my room though it was already clean but I moved some things here and there anyway. I should take a shower first, I feel dirty and greasy.

So I strip down myself naked in my room instead of in the bathroom. I used to do this when my lovely roommates weren't around. It's a perk to roam around the apartment without any clothes on and no one to see obviously, and comment on your wired stuffs or desires that you do secretly when you're alone.

The next song is "Demons" by Imagine Dragons. At First I didn't like it because of its electronic pop rock genre but after continuously listening to it when Nora was playing so many times while she was baking and then it just grew on me too.

Taking my hairbrush from the dresser, I stand in front of my full length mirror, naked from head to toes and pull out my band from my ponytail. I'm going to wash my hair so I start to brush my hair along with singing the song.

"No matter what we breed," I bring the hairbrush in front of my mouth and use it as a microphone. "We still are made of greed," I move my hips and shake my shoulders. "This is my kingdom come," I start to jump still staring at me in the mirror. "This is my kingdom co-" suddenly the mucic stops and my phone's ringtone rings.

Who the hell is calling me now? And interrupts my one-person- concert. I'll just decline whosoever is calling me and continue with my singing, dancing and jumping.

Catching my breathe I pad over to the desk where the phone is and put the hairbrush down before grabbing my phone. Looking at it, Hardin's name flashes across the screen. Without thinking I pick it up.

"Hey," I say breathlessly, taking two strides away from the desk over to my bed and to sit down on the edge, still naked. I should put some clothes on but now I only want to hear him and his voice.

"Oh, hey," he answers, sounds surprised. "I wasn't expecting that you'll answer, but glad you did." I ignored him since the day I left Chicago, so I get what he is saying.

"You are?" I exhale heavy in the receiver that I bet he can hear it.

"Yes. I thought you'd be at work, though I don't know your shifts so it's hard to guess when you're available," he says in annoyance but in a teasing way.

"Today I had my night shift till one but the kitchen caught fire so they let us leave soon," I explain and take a long breathe.

"What? Kitchen set on fire? Are you okay? Did you get hurt or something? You didn't burnt yourself, did you?" He asks so many questions, worries clear in his voice.

"I'm perfectly fine and so does everyone too so don't stress yourself," I say, calming his nerves down.

"Thank God," he sighs.

"What are you doing?" My heart is still beating fast from jumping couple of seconds ago.

"I'm getting on my bed to sleep but just thought to call you before. What are you doing? And why are you sounds so breathless?" So he did hear my heavy breathing.

"I was about to take a shower but had a little bit dancing, more jumping though then your call disturbed me and here I'm talking to you, sitting naked on my bed," Shit, why the hell did I said that?