Cruel Summer • Vampire Diaries

By undeadbelova

♡˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ONGOING, SLOW UPDATES In which a girl with a secret, moves back to her hometown after being gone fo... More

CRUEL SUMMER!
001. lexa and vicki
002. hello, belgium
003. the intervention
004. for them
005. the stellar coven
006. where's my mind?
007. lexa unleashed
008. spill the beans
009. night of the comet
010. lexa has an epiphany
011. friday night bites
012. who let the rat in?
013. family ties
014. lexa, the wing woman
015. sexy suds car wash
016. lost girls
017. runaway baby vampire
018. haunted
019. ethereal
020. lovers that went wrong
021. 162 candles
022. history repeating
023. emily bennett
024. the promise of your future
025. the turning point
026. bloodlines
027. no more lies
028. unpleasantville
029. lexa's protector
030. children of the damned
031. the betrayal
032. fool me once
033. petrova
034. a few good men
035. the bachelor fundraiser
036. jealousy, jealousy
037. there goes the neighbourhood
038. let the right one in
039. dangerous lies
040. grief
041. under control
042. you robbed the hospital!
043. miss mystic falls
044. lovebirds
045. isobel
046. bio mum
047. founder's day
048. the accident
049. sister dearest
050. the return
051. brave new world
053. day walker
054. wicked games
055. bad moon rising
056. memory lane
057. complicated
058. kill or be killed
059. eager beaver
060. the moonstone
061. plan b
062. if you're happy, than i'm happy
063. the masquerade ball
064. karma's a bitch
065. go fuck yourself
066. rose
067. we can't all have little daylight rings
068. his sister's keeper
069. i owe you
070. the sacrifice
071. by the light of the moon
072. broken little wolf
073. best friends
074. the descent
075. look after you
076. daddy issues
077. crying wolf
078. life is about more than just surviving
079. a new best friend
080. eternal flame
081. know thy enemy
082. the last dance
083. i am not alaric
084. klaus
085. i promise
086. this is the part where you run
087. the last day
088. the sun also rises
089. misery business
090. right person, wrong time
091. as i lay dying
092. a pancake birthday tradition
093. the one that got away
094. the birthday party
095. connor fucking callahan
096. nobody is innocent
097. the end of the affair
098. disturbing behaviour
099. the reckoning
100. stefan's gone mad
101. smells like teen spirit
102. midnight love
103. strange happenings
104. ghost world
105. time to say goodbye
106. straight to the source
107. champagne problems
108. feel something
109. backstabbers
110. homecoming
111. gone girl
112. the new deal
cruel summer has been plagiarised...
113. our town
114. love really does make people pathetic

052. game on

2.4K 127 40
By undeadbelova

Damon was walking alone in the hallway when he sensed that he was being followed. The vampire stopped and turned around, surprised to find Caroline had been standing behind him. "Hey Blondie, they let you out?" He asked.

Caroline just ignored him and said, "I remember." Damon looked confused, "What do you remember?" Caroline crossed her arms, unimpressed. "I remember how you manipulated me, you pushed me around, abused me, erased my memories, fed on me."

"You're crazy."

Caroline shook her head, "Memories have been coming back, in pieces." She explained. Damon didn't believe this, "You can't remember. It's impossible, I mean unless you're becoming a..." Upon Damon's realisation Caroline smiled, "I have a message from Katherine, she said "Game on"."

"Wait..."

Suddenly Caroline pushed him Damon with her newfound strength, as he is thrown backwards and slid on the floor. "You suck." She hissed.

━━━━━ ⋆⋅♥︎⋅⋆ ━━━━━

"Sienna!" Lexa called out, approaching her girlfriend who was marvelling over the stuffed teddy bear she had just won. "Hey doll, I have something for you." The werewolf announced as she held up the prize she had won, to show her girlfriend. Lexa stopped and smiled excitedly for a moment, before she quickly remembered why she had come racing over to her girlfriend.

"Hey where's Tyler?" The Gilbert quickly asked. Sienna frowned, "Uh Ty is right behind.." The Lockwood trailed off as she had turned around to realise that her cousin was not behind her. "Okay I don't know he must have gone off somewhere." She confessed. "Why?"

Lexa's face fell, as she thought about how angry Tyler had been when he was in the Lockwood study, and worried about what he would do to Carter. "Damon has compelled Carter to pick a fight with him." She admitted. Sienna's eyes widened, "Fuck-"

Quickly the pair grabbed eachothers hand, as Lexa siphoned magic from her girlfriend. "We need to find him now."

After racing around like crazy, the girls found Tyler and Carter fighting, as Allira tried to stop them. "Tyler!" Sienna yelled as he had thrown a punch at Carter, unaware that Carter had thrown the first punch. "God the levels of testosterone right now." Sienna groaned.

Allira grabbed hold of her brother. "Stop it Ty! Stop!" She demanded, as Carter went forward to punch Tyler, but accidentally punched Allira.

The brunette fell to her feet, as Tyler's angry eyes shot to Carter. "Don't fucking touch my sister!" He yelled before he went to continue fighting.

Sienna rushed over to Allira, "Hey, hey are you okay?" She asked, bending down to examine Allira's black eye. "I'm fine." Allira sighed, before the Lockwood girls both got to their feet.

Lexa said, "Motus." Before she used the telekinesis spell causing the boys for be separated. "What are you fighting for?!" The werewolf asked as Tyler and Carter just looked at the girls.

Mason approached the group, as Sienna rolled her eyes. "Mason Lockwood here to save the day, everybody." She said sarcastically as Mason frowned, "Sienna.." He sighed. "Dad, Tyler, Allie and I have been taking care of ourselves for years. We don't need you to suddenly step up and be a parent, pretending to care."

"This isn't pretending."

"Yeah well you have had seventeen years to try and be my father, you're too late now." Before Mason could get another word out, Sienna walked off, Lexa going with her. Mason just watched sadly as his daughter left.

━━━━━ ⋆⋅♥︎⋅⋆ ━━━━━

As Matt was playing at the ring toss, Caroline approaches him. Matt does a double take when he sees his girlfriend, not expecting her to be there. "What are you doing here?" He asked. Caroline gleamed, "They discharged me. All better!" She smiled. "How do you feel?" Matt asked. "I feel pretty good."

"Yeah, 'cause earlier you were..."

"I'm all better." Caroline insisted before she quickly kissed him, not wanting anymore questions asked.

"Okay, um, you want to give it a shot?" The boy asked once they'd broken apart, holding a ring for Caroline to throw. The girl smiled before taking it, "Yeah!" The blonde threw the ring at a bottle but ends up breaking three of them, leaving her and Matt surprised. "Whoa, hey, nice shot, killer!"

"They must already have already been broken." Caroline insisted before Matt embraced her. Caroline hugged her boyfriend back but then began to detect his pulse.. and suddenly had the urge to rip into his neck. Before she can do anything, the girl pushed herself away from Matt.

"What's wrong?" Matt asked, with worry.
Caroline took a few steps back, "I got to go." She declared before turning to leave. "Wait Care, are you okay, I mean..." Matt trailed off. "Just leave me alone!"

━━━━━ ⋆⋅♥︎⋅⋆ ━━━━━

Stefan, Damon, Elena, Lexa and Sienna were away from the carnival, chatting privately as Damon told the group that Caroline was turning into a vampire. "How did this happen?" Lexa snapped, full of frustration. "Well, I fed her blood and Katherine obviously killed her and A plus B equals..." Damon trailed off as Elena cut in. "But why?" The older Salvatore answered, "Because Katherine is a manipulative, nasty, little slut."

"And she said game on? I mean, what does that even mean?" Sienna asked, as Stefan was thinking hard about it. "It means she's playing dirty. She wants us to know." Stefan insisted. "But why Caroline?" Lexa asked, protectively and frustratedly. "I don't know."

"Caroline must be completely out of her mind, she doesn't even know what's happening to her." Stefan admitted as Lexa couldn't even imagine how her best friend could be feeling right now. "Oh I think she does. All of my compulsion from the past started wearing off the minute she was in transition." Damon replied.

"We have to find her." Stefan insisted. "Yep, and kill her." Damon insisted as he was faced with three angry girls. "You're not gonna kill Caroline." Elena replied. "She knows who we are. She's officially a liability, and we've got to get rid of her." Damon insisted.

"If you as so much lay a hand on her, I will fucking hurt you so badly, that you will want me to kill you." Lexa threatened as Sienna blinked in surprise by her girlfriend's threat, but then went back to glaring at Damon almost instantly.

"Damon, absolutely not." Stefan shook his head as Damon groaned before asking, "Need I remind you of a tragic little story of a girl named Vicki Donovan? Caroline, of all people, will not make it as a vampire." He insisted.

Lexa frowned, "Really? Because I can see her outliving you." She huffed. "Yeah my girlfriend and I will make sure of that, if you try to harm her." Sienna added, as Damon just looked at the pair, unamused. "Her mother is a vampire hunter. Guys come on, we all know how this story's gonna end, just flip to the last chapter and..."

Elena spoke up, "It's not an option Damon!" Damon replied, "No?" Before turning to his brother. "Your silence is deafening, Stefan. Wait, wasn't there a school carnival the night you staked Vicki? I never had a town where history repeats itself. You know I'm right." He admitted. Stefan didn't answer his question, but insisted, "We're not gonna kill her."

Lexa and Sienna turned around and left, followed by Elena and Stefan. Damon groaned before calling out to them, "It's the only way!"

━━━━━ ⋆⋅♥︎⋅⋆ ━━━━━

As Lexa and Sienna were looking for Caroline in one area, Stefan and Elena were still looking in another. Stefan paused as he noticed something different in the air.

"Where could she be?" Elena asked aloud before she looked to Stefan. "What is it? Do you hear her? What's going on Stefan, what is it?" She demanded. "Blood. I can smell blood." The Salvatore answered.

Meanwhile Caroline is crying next to Carter's body, as she had drained him of blood, not only completing her transition but also killing the boy.

Damon walked over to hear, noticing the blood all over her face. "He's dead. I killed him. What's wrong with me??" Caroline asked as tears rolled down her cheeks and she sobbed. Damon crouched down beside her, "Hey, hey it's okay. I can help you." Caroline asked, "You can?" Damon nodded, "Yeah, I have to."

Caroline asked, "What are you gonna do?" Damon answered, "The only thing I can do. I'm gonna kill you." Caroline shook her head, "Please don't! I don't want to die!" She begged, moving back from Damon. "Yeah, but you are already dead."

"No! I'm not. Don't say that, okay? Just help me!" The blonde begged. "Okay." Damon answered. "Okay? Just help me please! Please, please!" Caroline pleaded, as she was full of fear.

Damon embraced Caroline as she sunk into his arms. Behind her back, he raised a wooden stake he had hidden in his jacket, ready to kill her.

"Motus."

The stake flew out of his hand, as Damon noticed Alexia and Sienna storming his way. "Lexa!" The raven haired boy hissed. "Get the fuck away from her." Sienna demanded, as her eyes unintentionally flashed yellow. Damon blinked in surprise, and he couldn't deny he felt slight fear as he didn't know what Sienna was.

Caroline faced Lexa before she began to panic, "Get away from me! You killed me!" She screamed. Lexa felt her heart sink, as she shook her head, "No, no, no, no, Care, That wasn't me. You know that. That was Katherine." More tears fell from Caroline's eyes as she was distraught, miserable and very confused. "No! Then why did she look like you, Lexa?! And why, why did she do this to me?!" She asked, struggling to make sense out of all of this.

Stefan and Elena approached the group as Sienna looked to Stefan. "Stefan, you've got to get her inside." She insisted, hoping he could at least calm the Forbes girl down. Stefan walked over to Caroline, "It's alright, Caroline, come with me." He said as she nodded sadly.

"She will die, it's only a matter of time." Damon spoke up. "Yeah, maybe so, but it's not gonna happen tonight." Stefan replied to the older boy.

"Oh, yeah, it is."

Damon picked up the stake and rushed over to Caroline but didn't get far as the stake suddenly set on the fire, the flames quickly crawling down his arm as he screamed in pain. He looked to Lexa, knowing that this was her doing. The magical Gilbert kept her glare on Damon, refusing to stop the magic until she knew Caroline would be safe from him.

"Lexa! Stop!" Damon growled as Lexa growled back, "Damon! Caroline is my best friend!" Damon clenched his teeth, before hissing, "Whatever happens, it's on you." With that Lexa released the spell.

━━━━━ ⋆⋅♥︎⋅⋆ ━━━━━

Lexa waited for several minutes for Stefan and Caroline to come back to her. Bonnie had seen the sight and was emotional at the idea of Caroline being a vampire. Elena had left the area with Bonnie, comforting her best friend. Sienna had refused to leave Lexa's side but the Gilbert had insisted that she left with Tyler and Allie, as they were shaken by the fight.

Stefan now approached Lexa, as the Gilbert was glassy eyed. She had been keeping herself together as best she could while Sienna was around, but after spending more time alone she was on the verge of tears, overwhelmed by everything.

"Hey Lexa, Caroline is okay for now." Stefan insisted, before rushing over to her as he noticed her looking defeated. The girl embraced Stefan, crying quietly into his shoulder.

Stefan held the girl, feeling awful for her. Lexa suddenly pulled away, looking to Stefan now. "Damon's right, isn't he? It won't end well for her." She managed to stammer. Stefan shook his head, "No, I'm gonna make sure that he's wrong." He insisted.

Lexa nodded weakly, before pretty much falling back into Stefan's arms, feeling so hopeless as she didn't know how to help her best friend.

After a few moments, the siphoner pulled away from Stefan completely. "I need to get home." She admitted, before sniffling. "Let me drive you." Stefan said as Lexa shook her head. "I'll be fine."

"No." Stefan spoke. "What?" Lexa asked confusedly.

Stefan sighed, "Lexa, I can't let you drive home like this, you're miserable. You won't be able to concentrate. Let me take you." He pleaded. Lexa frowned, "You're not going to give up, are you?" She asked as Stefan chuckled nervously, "No.." He admitted.

The pair left the school grounds, approaching Stefan's Porsche. She would have been so excited to be driven around in the Porsche given normal circumstances, but this was different.. she just found her best friend's life was going to become really difficult.

The vampire started up the car and began driving to the Gilbert house. The siphoner squeezed the teddy bear her girlfriend had gifted her, in her arms comfortingly, before she looked at her twin's boyfriend who was concentrated on driving.

It was at this moment that Lexa realised that Stefan to her, was more than a friend, or her twin's boyfriend. To the Gilbert, Stefan was family.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.8K 1.2K 17
Stefan and Caroline have been friends for forever and have dated for 2 years. Than a new girl named Elena totally catches Stefan by surprise. With...
6K 144 16
This is another Steroline fanfic and has a couple of characters from PLL but has nothing to do with the actual plot of either shows ;). Just made fro...
9.8K 226 25
I do not own these characters, those rights go to Julie Plec. Caroline was born 3 years after Stefan, was. She is like a sister to Stefan, and Damon...
988 67 33
Stelena story