Cruel Summer • Vampire Diaries

By undeadbelova

♡˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ONGOING, SLOW UPDATES In which a girl with a secret, moves back to her hometown after being gone fo... More

CRUEL SUMMER!
001. lexa and vicki
002. hello, belgium
003. the intervention
004. for them
005. the stellar coven
006. where's my mind?
007. lexa unleashed
008. spill the beans
009. night of the comet
010. lexa has an epiphany
011. friday night bites
012. who let the rat in?
013. family ties
014. lexa, the wing woman
015. sexy suds car wash
016. lost girls
017. runaway baby vampire
018. haunted
019. ethereal
020. lovers that went wrong
021. 162 candles
022. history repeating
023. emily bennett
024. the promise of your future
025. the turning point
026. bloodlines
027. no more lies
028. unpleasantville
029. lexa's protector
030. children of the damned
031. the betrayal
032. fool me once
033. petrova
034. a few good men
035. the bachelor fundraiser
036. jealousy, jealousy
037. there goes the neighbourhood
038. let the right one in
039. dangerous lies
040. grief
041. under control
042. you robbed the hospital!
043. miss mystic falls
044. lovebirds
045. isobel
046. bio mum
047. founder's day
049. sister dearest
050. the return
051. brave new world
052. game on
053. day walker
054. wicked games
055. bad moon rising
056. memory lane
057. complicated
058. kill or be killed
059. eager beaver
060. the moonstone
061. plan b
062. if you're happy, than i'm happy
063. the masquerade ball
064. karma's a bitch
065. go fuck yourself
066. rose
067. we can't all have little daylight rings
068. his sister's keeper
069. i owe you
070. the sacrifice
071. by the light of the moon
072. broken little wolf
073. best friends
074. the descent
075. look after you
076. daddy issues
077. crying wolf
078. life is about more than just surviving
079. a new best friend
080. eternal flame
081. know thy enemy
082. the last dance
083. i am not alaric
084. klaus
085. i promise
086. this is the part where you run
087. the last day
088. the sun also rises
089. misery business
090. right person, wrong time
091. as i lay dying
092. a pancake birthday tradition
093. the one that got away
094. the birthday party
095. connor fucking callahan
096. nobody is innocent
097. the end of the affair
098. disturbing behaviour
099. the reckoning
100. stefan's gone mad
101. smells like teen spirit
102. midnight love
103. strange happenings
104. ghost world
105. time to say goodbye
106. straight to the source
107. champagne problems
108. feel something
109. backstabbers
110. homecoming
111. gone girl
112. the new deal
cruel summer has been plagiarised...
113. our town
114. love really does make people pathetic

048. the accident

2.5K 121 22
By undeadbelova

Night had fallen, and as Damon was looking and walking around in the town square, when he ran into Anna.

Damon looked surprised to see her, "You're still around?" He asked. Anna ignored his question, and instead explained, "There's something you need to know. The vampires from the tomb are planning an attack tonight."

Damon blinked in surprise, "How do you know this?" He asked. "I went to them. They think I'm with them but I'm not. They want the Founding Families dead." Anna responded.

"When is this supposed to happen?" Damon questioned as Anna responded, "When the firework start." There was a long pause, before Damon realised something. "John Gilbert wants to use that invention on them!" Anna realised, "Then we can't be here!"

Damon shook his head, "It doesn't work, it's been deactivated." He insisted. Anna nodded, "Well, then a lot of people are gonna die." She admitted. "Where are they right now?" Anna sighed, "They're already here, Damon."

Not a moment passed and Damon walked away, passing Alaric. He quickly informed him of what was going on, and the duo decided to work together to take down the tomb vampires. Alaric then disappeared, to grab weaponry that was stored in his car.

Damon quickly paced over to Elena and Stefan, "What are you doing?" Elena asked as Damon looked at her "Saving your life. Fifteen words or less... Tomb vamps are here. Founding families are their target. You need to get the twins out of here." Damon ordered, before he realised that only one of the twins were standing before him.

"Where is Lexa?" The vampire asked, concern in his voice. "She's at the Grill." Elena answered. "Great, make sure she goes home too." He ordered before he turned around to leave. "Wait, where are you going?" Stefan asked, before his cocky brother replied, "That's more than fifteen words, Stefan."

Once Damon was out of sight from the pair, he quickly dialled a phone number, placing it to his ear. "Damon?" A chirpy voice asked. "Tasha.. where are you? Please tell me you're at the boarding house." The vampire sighed. "What? On a night like this? I'm in the town square.. about to enjoy the fireworks... and maybe find a cute woman to hook up with." The heretic insisted.

"What? Why would you do that?" Damon asked. "Well Lexa and Elena are in seperate places, I figured I could pretend to be my doppelgänger for a little while and enjoy the show." Natasha declared. "Tasha.. you need to go home, there's going to be an—" Damon was cut off, as the heretic frowned. "Damon, I will be at the boarding house shortly.. no one will even know there are three of us wandering around." The Pierce girl declared before hanging up the phone.

Damon cursed, removing his phone from his ear. He wasn't bothered that Natasha was roaming around town as "Alexia". She was smart, she could pull it off.. but he worried for when the attack began and the tomb vampires assumed she was a Gilbert. Of course, the heretic could hold her own with ease, but against a lot of tomb vampires, it wasn't going to be easy.

━━━━━ ⋆⋅♥︎⋅⋆ ━━━━━

As Tyler stood by the pool table, Matt, Allira, Caroline, Lexa and Sienna sat at a table, looking at the Lockwood boy. "There was this time, freshman year, when Bonnie and I were in a fight and we swore that we would never talk again." Caroline spoke up, hoping to lift Matt's spirits.. but it did quite the opposite. "Caroline, give it a rest." He huffed, probably coming out more angrily than expected.

Caroline frowned in response, which made Lexa feel mad. "Hey— don't talk to her like that." The siphoner spoke up, as the three of them turned to Lexa. Matt sighed, realising his tone had been harsh and he apologised to his girlfriend.

Mayor Lockwood suddenly entered the Grill, before storming over to Tyler once he'd seen him. "What are you doing here? I told you to go home." The mayor growled. "What? You didn't tell me!" Allira retaliated before Tyler shrugged, "I decided not to."

Richard growled, "If I tell you to do something, you do it!" Before he grabbed Tyler's arm. "Let go of me!" The boy insisted. Despite all of the fear Sienna had for her Uncle, she raced out of her seat and stormed towards the Lockwoods. "Asshole— Let him go." She snapped loudly, so it caught the attention of others. Richard looked at his niece in surprise, before he felt embarrassed by the sudden eyes on him. As much as he wanted to yell at the girl, he decided not to.

Allira watched in surprise, as Sienna had thrown herself at the very person she feared, to protect somebody she loved. It was as though the youngest Lockwood finally understood just why Sienna and Tyler were so close... they were more like siblings than Tyler and Allira had ever been.

"Mayor, is everything okay?" A voice piped up, as Lexa stood beside Sienna now, before the two joined their hands. Allira bit back a smile, noticing the girlfriends holding hands. The Mayor noticed them and glared, before he turned to Tyler. "Please Tyler; I need you to go home, now. Take Allira and your friends with you."

"Why? What's going on?" Matt asked, as he and Caroline approached the group. Mayor Lockwood sighed, "I can't explain. All of you need to get home, now. Please." He pleaded. "Yeah, okay." Tyler agreed, before his Dad handed him his car keys. "Here, take my car, it's out back. Allira, Sienna, Lexa, Caroline, Matt go with him."

━━━━━ ⋆⋅♥︎⋅⋆ ━━━━━

Mayor Lockwood stood in front of the crowd, about to give his speech before the fireworks were to begin. "For one hundred and fifty years, Mystic Falls has been the kind of town that everybody wants to call home: safe, prosperous, welcoming. And we have the Founders to thank for that. That's why I'd like to dedicate this evening's firework display to their legacy."

"Enjoy the show!"

The firework began, which was the signal for John to start the vampire device. With that, Mayor Lockwood and his wife start to leave.

Suddenly, an ear piercing screech is heard by Natasha, and the girl cried out in pain as she fell to the ground. She tried to look around, noticing others do the same.. she also noticed they were the vampires from the tomb. Suddenly, everything went black, as a syringe filled with vervain, was jabbed into the Pierce's arm.

━━━━━ ⋆⋅♥︎⋅⋆ ━━━━━

Tyler focused on the road, as he was driving him and his friends back to the Lockwood mansion. Caroline sat in the passenger seat, nervously looking from Tyler, to Matt, Allira, Lexa and Sienna who sat in the back. Alexia sat in the middle seat, her girlfriend leaning on her shoulder, whilst Matt sat on the Gilbert's other side. Poor Allira sat across their laps, being the smallest of the four.

Suddenly, Sienna and Tyler both flinched in pain, as they could hear the piercing sound of the Gilbert device. Lexa turned to Sienna with a worried expression, "Cece, what's wrong?" She asked, as the other girl grit her teeth. "What the hell is that?" The werewolf managed to ask, as Alexia had no idea what she was talking about.

"Sienna? Tyler? What's going on?" Allira asked, her eyes darting between her relatives as her eyes filled with fear.

Caroline turned to Tyler, "What's the matter?" She asked, worriedly. "That noise!" Tyler complained. Matt blinked in surprise, "Wait, what noise?"

Sienna grabbed ahold of her head and began to scream, as Lexa tried to calm the girl down, and comfort her. Tyler suddenly let go of the wheel, and also grabbed his head and began to scream.

"Tyler! Tyler!" Caroline screamed as Lexa's head whipped up, as the car lost control and crashed into a wall.

━━━━━ ⋆⋅♥︎⋅⋆ ━━━━━

The basement was well and truly on fire, with all of the collected vampires inside it. Damon looked around him and saw the mayor. "Mayor. Is that you?" Mayor Lockwood looked at the Salvatore in surprise, "What are you doing here?"

"I'm a vampire. What's your excuse?  No, really. The vervain didn't affect you, you're not a vampire, what the hell are you?" Damon asked him.

The mayor scooted backwards to get away from Damon, but bumped into the tomb vampires' leader, who was walking. "Mayor Lockwood!" The vampire said maliciously, before he reached an arm around the Mayor from behind and grabbed his chin, pulling violently causing his neck to snap. Damon just paused to process what'd happened before his eyes.

"Damon?" A soft voice spoke up, as the Salvatore turned around to see Natasha trying to crawl over to him. "...Tasha?! No— you weren't supposed to be in here." He blurted, not wanting the Pierce to suffer the same fate as he was going to.

"There's no way we'll make it out alive.. we're going to die.." Natasha managed to croak, her tone sounding flat, in contrast to her usual, chirpy demeanour. "Tasha.. I'm sorry.. I didn't want you caught up in this." Damon confessed.. as he really did feel bad for the girl. She'd been left to rot in a tomb by her twin sister, only to spring back to life a century later and assumably die in a fire.

"It's okay.." Natasha hummed, reaching out her hand and placing it into Damon's. "You're my best friend, Damon. I love you. Never forget that." The Petrova said, with a weak smile. Damon smiled back weakly, but felt sadness fill his chest. "I love you too, Tasha.." The vampire said back, as the best friends accepted that they were going to die.. together, in this basement engulfed in flames.

Suddenly, as all hope was lost, pair of arms grabbed onto the duo, and they felt themselves get dragged out of the basement.

━━━━━ ⋆⋅♥︎⋅⋆ ━━━━━

Lexa, Sienna, Allira, Matt and Caroline stood on the side of the road, waiting for an ambulance to arrive, as Tyler laid on the ground, barely conscious. Sienna and Allira both sat beside him, talking to him.. hoping to distract him so he'd stay conscious. The ambulance finally arrived.

Lexa approached her best friend, "Hey Care, are you okay?" She asked. The blonde faced the witch, and nodded. "I'm fine, I'm fine." She assured her, speaking quickly. Lexa just frowned, "No, they need to check you out." She insisted. Caroline shook her head, "No Lexa, I'm fine, I'm fine. They're helping Tyler." The blonde declared.

Tyler suddenly woke up, gasping for air. "Oh thank fuck.. Ty you had me so scared!" Sienna blurted, as she was fighting back tears. Tyler looked at his cousin, confused "What happened?"

"You were screaming! About some noise. Both of you were." Allira stated, as she glanced between Tyler and Sienna with a concerned look.

"Dude, don't scare us like that!" Matt dashed over to Tyler, as the Lockwood was being embraced by his worried cousin.

Lexa smiled, seeing Sienna and her cousin hug, as her girlfriend had been so worried for Tyler. The siphoner turned her head, to notice Caroline was now on the ground, unconscious.

Her mouth fell open, as it felt like as she tried to scream in fear, nothing was coming out. After a moment she called out. "Caroline! Guys, over here!" She ordered the paramedics. The group turned to Caroline and Lexa, before also calling out to the blonde.

Lexa couldn't hear them, her ears were ringing.. all she could hear was static, as her best friend laid unconscious on the ground. "Care— wake up!" Lexa begged, as she was by the Forbes girl's side.

━━━━━ ⋆⋅♥︎⋅⋆ ━━━━━

AUTHORS NOTE

This brings Season 1 of Cruel Summer's rewrite to an end!

Let me know what you guys are hoping to see in Season 2!!! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.9K 2.5K 31
It's the summer before senior year for Caroline Forbes. More importantly, it's been one month of dating the guy of her dreams, Klaus Mikaelson. Every...
2.1K 36 21
Elena chose Damon, unable to fight her intense attraction. Now, ever since Stefan left town she can't stop longing for him to come home. Between the...
50.6K 1.1K 17
After breaking up in 4x06, Stefan and Elena are lost without each other , will they find their way back? (There's other ships in this too not only s...
548K 13.6K 89
𝐖𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑 | the vampire diaries 𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐅𝐀𝐍 𝐒𝐀𝐋𝐕𝐀𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐄 she wondered what it was like to be loved by him maybe she'll find out. 𝐭𝐡𝐞...