Cruel Summer • Vampire Diaries

By undeadbelova

♡˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ONGOING, SLOW UPDATES In which a girl with a secret, moves back to her hometown after being gone fo... More

CRUEL SUMMER!
001. lexa and vicki
002. hello, belgium
003. the intervention
004. for them
005. the stellar coven
006. where's my mind?
007. lexa unleashed
008. spill the beans
009. night of the comet
010. lexa has an epiphany
011. friday night bites
012. who let the rat in?
013. family ties
014. lexa, the wing woman
015. sexy suds car wash
016. lost girls
017. runaway baby vampire
018. haunted
019. ethereal
020. lovers that went wrong
021. 162 candles
022. history repeating
023. emily bennett
024. the promise of your future
025. the turning point
026. bloodlines
027. no more lies
028. unpleasantville
029. lexa's protector
030. children of the damned
031. the betrayal
032. fool me once
033. petrova
034. a few good men
035. the bachelor fundraiser
036. jealousy, jealousy
037. there goes the neighbourhood
038. let the right one in
039. dangerous lies
040. grief
041. under control
042. you robbed the hospital!
043. miss mystic falls
044. lovebirds
045. isobel
046. bio mum
047. founder's day
048. the accident
049. sister dearest
050. the return
051. brave new world
052. game on
053. day walker
054. wicked games
055. bad moon rising
056. memory lane
057. complicated
058. kill or be killed
059. eager beaver
060. the moonstone
061. plan b
062. if you're happy, than i'm happy
063. the masquerade ball
064. karma's a bitch
065. go fuck yourself
066. rose
067. we can't all have little daylight rings
068. his sister's keeper
069. i owe you
070. the sacrifice
071. by the light of the moon
072. broken little wolf
073. best friends
074. the descent
075. look after you
076. daddy issues
077. crying wolf
078. life is about more than just surviving
080. eternal flame
081. know thy enemy
082. the last dance
083. i am not alaric
084. klaus
085. i promise
086. this is the part where you run
087. the last day
088. the sun also rises
089. misery business
090. right person, wrong time
091. as i lay dying
092. a pancake birthday tradition
093. the one that got away
094. the birthday party
095. connor fucking callahan
096. nobody is innocent
097. the end of the affair
098. disturbing behaviour
099. the reckoning
100. stefan's gone mad
101. smells like teen spirit
102. midnight love
103. strange happenings
104. ghost world
105. time to say goodbye
106. straight to the source
107. champagne problems
108. feel something
109. backstabbers
110. homecoming
111. gone girl
112. the new deal
cruel summer has been plagiarised...
113. our town
114. love really does make people pathetic

079. a new best friend

1.8K 108 64
By undeadbelova

Lexa's eyes fluttered open, as the pain in her head refused to subside. She groaned, before hearing a familiar voice. "Morning, sunshine!"

The Gilbert's eyes shot open, facing Damon who stood in the doorway of the bedroom. "Damon..? Where am I?" Lexa asked. "You're in Stefan's room." Damon answered before Lexa's eyes widened. "You put me in the bed that our siblings have sex in? That's nasty." She grumbled, quickly sitting up. Damon chuckled, but shook his head, "Sheets were changed before he left, don't you worry."

Damon moved to sit on the edge of the bed, as he faced the siphoner. "How's the head?" He asked. "It still hurts." Lexa confessed, rubbing the back of it as if the pain would just magically go away. "Anything you can update me on while you're here? Might as well make yourself useful." The twin teased.

"I did hear one piece of good news... Tyler Lockwood ran away from home last night." Damon said, which caused Lexa to look surprised as slightly sad. "How do you know?" She asked. "Well, I heard it from Sheriff Forbes, who heard it from a very distraught Sienna Lockwood, thus, ending our werewolf chapter, bringing us to..." Damon trailed off as Lexa answered, "...killing Elijah."

"Exactly."

"Well, it's not going to be easy. He's crafty." Lexa admitted. Damon shrugged, "Well, I've got a crafty little dagger." He replied. "He's an Original. We don't know what all that encompasses... though Natasha might- is she around?" Alexia suddenly asked. Damon shook his head, "She's gone for a few days.. said something about needing to clear her head. I don't actually know why or where she is gone, but I know that my best friend can protect herself." He replied. "And trust me, Lexa. I'm gonna dot all my t's. I don't want any surprises." The Salvatore added.

Lexa looked at him with surprise, "Wow, Damon, tell me you're actually gonna be careful for once?" She asked. "You're turning into Stefan!" She then teased as Damon rolled his eyes before he smirked, "Yes, I've become Stefan. How tragic for us all." Damon replied before he got up, "I've got to run. I have a murder to plan. Busy day." He said, as Lexa laid her head back down on the pillow, still feeling it throb. "I think I'm gonna go back to sleep for a bit." She said. "That's fine, see you later."

━━━━━ ♥︎ ━━━━━

Lexa stepped through the dead leaves, which crunched underneath her black platform boots. She approached the cemetery, fidgeting with her hands nervously as she walked.

She hadn't visited her parents in a while, well before she found out that were actually her adoptive parents. It didn't change anything though, Lexa still saw Miranda and Grayson as her parents, and that wasn't going to change.

The brunette took a seat beside their graves, as she smiled weakly at them. "Hi Mum, hi Dad." She began. "Since I've last talked to you.. a lot has happened. I found out that Lena and I are adopted... but that doesn't change anything." She smiled. "Elena and Stefan are still together.. Stefan is actually pretty cool. I consider him to be one of my best friends." Lexa said.

"I started seeing someone... we were together for a few months, but we broke up a couple weeks ago. She needs to focus on herself, and doesn't feel like she can be in a relationship at the same time.. it's okay, I understand..." She sighed. "I do miss her a lot." The siphoner confessed, her mind drifting off to Sienna.

"Last time I was here.. I was probably blabbing on about my crush on Caroline. I don't know how I feel about her anymore... but I think there's still something there." The Gilbert declared. "Not that I'd do anything about whatever I feel for Caroline... yet at least.. it's too soon for me."

The Gilbert sat upright, "I participated in Miss Mystic Falls, as an escort! I escorted Carol Lockwood's niece, and my ex girlfriend, Sienna. Elena entered, as Mum had hoped. Caroline won actually.. she looked really beautiful." Lexa trailed off.

The brunette sat back, "I um... I miss you guys a lot. I haven't really stopped to just mourn since you guys passed, and on top of that, I've had so much other stuff happened.. my first girlfriend Vicki died and... well I got thrown into a whole new world that I didn't even know existed... and I just ended a serious relationship." She rambles. "Bonnie thinks I need therapy... and I think she might be right."

A chilly wind suddenly blew, sending a shiver down Lexa's spine. The girl pulled her jacket tightly, but suddenly stopped as she heard a soft meow. "Huh?" The siphoner blurted.

Lexa got to her feet, and examined the area around her, before she noticed a pair of small black ears, poking out from a bush. "Hello?" She asked, softly, before a small black kitten, leapt out of the bush.

"Meow!!!" It called, racing towards Lexa. It seemed alone, and desperate. It was hungry and scared, not to mention very young. "Aw, where's your family, little one?" She asked, lowering herself to pick up the kitten. Without hesitation, it jumped into her arms.

Cold, it cuddled into Lexa's jumper, trying to find warmth. "Oh you poor thing.. let me get you some food."

━━━━━ ♥︎ ━━━━━

After feeding the kitten, Lexa had taken it to the vet, to see if it had been microchipped. "Hmm.. he doesn't seem to be microchipped... nor has he had any vaccinations. It seems to me like somebody didn't desex their cats and had a litter of kittens they didn't know what to do with" The vet suggested as Lexa frowned. "That's so irresponsible!" She growled, frustratedly.

"Well.. what should we do with this one?" The vet asked, as the kitten rubbed against Lexa's arm, affectionately. "We can ring up the animal shelter and see if they can collect him-"

"No!" Lexa blurted, as the veterinarian looked at her in surprise. "Sorry, I mean... I think I would like to keep him." She insisted, looking at the kitten, who seemed to be very affectionate towards her.

Lexa had never owned a pet, but had always wanted to.. and she was willing to do her research on how to take care of one. Having an animal to be responsible and care for, was also a really good way to improve her mental health... not only would she have a loving, furry friend for life, but she would have to force herself out of bed to feed it and care for it.

"I can.. pay for vaccinations too.. if he is able to get him.. preferably today." Lexa declared, petting the kitten. "Well.. it sounds to me like you would be a very responsible owner.. I can fit him in for vaccinations today." The veterinarian smiled. "What will his name be?"

Lexa gave the cat another pat before she smiled, "I think I'll call him... Salem."

━━━━━ ♥︎ ━━━━━

Lexa entered her home, holding Salem in one arm, as he nestled into her jacket, and a bag full of supplies in another. She stopped in the dining room, seeing Damon, Jenna, Alaric, Elijah and Andie, seated around the table. "Well.. this is not quite what I expected." She confessed.

Damon blinked in surprise, "What is that?" He asked, referring to the ball of fur, poking out of Lexa's jacket. "I have a cat now, his name is Salem." Lexa piped up. "Aw! He's so cute!" Jenna smiled.

"Hmm.. weird coincidence, Elijah was just mentioning something about the Salem witch trials.." Alaric spoke up. "Oh yeah Lexa— According to Elijah, Damon's family is so not a founder of this town." Jenna grinned, causing Lexa to look at the Salvatore, amusedly. He just deadpanned her. "Interesting."

After a few more moments, Lexa went up to her bedroom, and placed Salem on her bed. He looked around, his eyes full of wonder as he examined his new home. Meanwhile, Lexa set up his new things around the room.

After playing with the kitten for sometime, he curled up and went to sleep. Lexa smiled at him, before she headed downstairs, to see how the dinner party was going. She stopped in surprise, as she witnessed Alaric stab Elijah through the heart. The Saltzman pulled the dagger out and placed it on the table.

Lexa's jaw fell open as Alaric turned to Damon, "Now, get rid of him before Jenna comes back with dessert." Damon nodded, picking up Elijah's body and throwing it over his shoulder. "Do me a favour.. make up some excuse on why we're suddenly going." He said, looking to Lexa. "Sure." She shrugged. Damon and Alaric left, taking Elijah's body with them.

Jenna re-entered the room, an apple pie in hand, as Andie followed, carrying some plates. "Where'd they all go?" Jenna suddenly asked, barely giving Lexa time to think of an excuse. "I don't know.. secret boy band stuff- they asked me to be their band manager." She suddenly blurted.

Andie looked at Lexa confusedly, whilst Jenna just laughed at her niece's weird humor, before placing the pie down on the table. The trio ate apple pie together, before their was a knock at the door. "I'll get it.." Lexa trailed off, getting to her feet.

The Gilbert opened the door, surprised to see Caroline there, holding an arm full of various snacks. "Movie night?" The blonde asked, with a grin. Lexa smirked, "Come in, my love."

━━━━━ ♥︎ ━━━━━

Alexia had been trying to get Caroline into the Marvel cinematic universe for SO long. Now laying on Lexa's bed, both eating popcorn, whilst the Gilbert cuddled Salem, they watched the first Avengers movie.

A familiar voice boomed through the screen, "Uh, Shakespeare in The Park? Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?" Caroline and Lexa giggled before the siphoner piped up, "Tony is definitely my favourite." Caroline shrugged, "I can definitely see why.. you're as sassy as him." She teased. "Hm.. maybe my real dad isn't John Gilbert.. but Tony Stark." The siphoner suggested, before Caroline laughed.

"You're an idiot." She giggled. Lexa looked to Caroline, "Ouch." She replied, pretending to be offended. The Forbes shrugged, "It's okay, you're my idiot." To which Lexa winked, "Always." She announced, before she nudged Caroline.

They continued watching the movie, Caroline glancing at her best friend every so often as she caught the brunette smiling at certain scenes, particularly when the Avengers seemed to be working together as a team.

"I don't understand... why is Loki so obsessed with the tesseract?" Caroline asked. "It's just some glowy square." She added. Lexa giggled, "I guess he just likes shiny things." She answered, not wanting to spoil anything.

After silence fell upon them, Lexa spoke up. "Thanks for coming over.. I really needed this... just a night to forget about out supernaturally bound lives and be.. teenagers." She laughed, before petting Salem, who yawned. "I hope the movie wasn't too boring for you."

Caroline shrugged, "I actually liked it.. I think I'm willing to keep watching more of these movies." She admitted as Lexa seemed surprised, whilst she loved action movies, Caroline was more into romcoms.

"Hm.. I guess you must really like me, if you're willing to sit through a whole movie series from a genre that you don't even like." Lexa shrugged, teasingly as if it wasn't obvious... to her, of course Caroline liked her... they're best friends... Lexa just didn't realise that the Forbes liked her more than that. Caroline turned to face Lexa, a slight smirk on her lips, "Mhm.. just a bit." She replied playfully.

The blonde glanced down at the siphoner's lips for a quick moment, noticing how close their faces were, before she finally did what she had wanted to do, for so long. She leaned forward, closing the space between them, and letting her lips collide with Lexa's, kissing her softly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.1K 721 19
in which Oaklyn Gilbert starts to feel alive again, all because of a certain vampire. Damon Salvatore x OC TVD Season1-?
108K 3.5K 21
It's an oc x oc story. The two characters are already in a relationship at the beginning of the story. It's a grumpy/sunshine relationship except the...
38.8K 1.2K 17
Stefan and Caroline have been friends for forever and have dated for 2 years. Than a new girl named Elena totally catches Stefan by surprise. With...
87.6K 2.9K 14
"𝑰𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌, 𝒈𝒐𝒕𝒕𝒂 𝒍𝒆𝒕 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒆" Caroline Elizabeth Marie Forbes was a girl who loved perfection. Being th...