Cruel Summer • Vampire Diaries

By undeadbelova

♡˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ONGOING, SLOW UPDATES In which a girl with a secret, moves back to her hometown after being gone fo... More

CRUEL SUMMER!
001. lexa and vicki
002. hello, belgium
003. the intervention
004. for them
005. the stellar coven
006. where's my mind?
007. lexa unleashed
008. spill the beans
009. night of the comet
010. lexa has an epiphany
011. friday night bites
012. who let the rat in?
013. family ties
014. lexa, the wing woman
015. sexy suds car wash
016. lost girls
017. runaway baby vampire
018. haunted
019. ethereal
020. lovers that went wrong
021. 162 candles
022. history repeating
023. emily bennett
024. the promise of your future
025. the turning point
026. bloodlines
027. no more lies
028. unpleasantville
029. lexa's protector
030. children of the damned
031. the betrayal
032. fool me once
033. petrova
034. a few good men
035. the bachelor fundraiser
036. jealousy, jealousy
037. there goes the neighbourhood
038. let the right one in
039. dangerous lies
040. grief
041. under control
042. you robbed the hospital!
043. miss mystic falls
044. lovebirds
045. isobel
046. bio mum
047. founder's day
048. the accident
049. sister dearest
050. the return
051. brave new world
052. game on
053. day walker
054. wicked games
055. bad moon rising
057. complicated
058. kill or be killed
059. eager beaver
060. the moonstone
061. plan b
062. if you're happy, than i'm happy
063. the masquerade ball
064. karma's a bitch
065. go fuck yourself
066. rose
067. we can't all have little daylight rings
068. his sister's keeper
069. i owe you
070. the sacrifice
071. by the light of the moon
072. broken little wolf
073. best friends
074. the descent
075. look after you
076. daddy issues
077. crying wolf
078. life is about more than just surviving
079. a new best friend
080. eternal flame
081. know thy enemy
082. the last dance
083. i am not alaric
084. klaus
085. i promise
086. this is the part where you run
087. the last day
088. the sun also rises
089. misery business
090. right person, wrong time
091. as i lay dying
092. a pancake birthday tradition
093. the one that got away
094. the birthday party
095. connor fucking callahan
096. nobody is innocent
097. the end of the affair
098. disturbing behaviour
099. the reckoning
100. stefan's gone mad
101. smells like teen spirit
102. midnight love
103. strange happenings
104. ghost world
105. time to say goodbye
106. straight to the source
107. champagne problems
108. feel something
109. backstabbers
110. homecoming
111. gone girl
112. the new deal
cruel summer has been plagiarised...
113. our town
114. love really does make people pathetic

056. memory lane

2.5K 131 62
By undeadbelova

Lexa and Jenna were in the kitchen, prepping some stuff for the barbecue. "Thanks for letting me invite Caroline. She could use a day of distraction." Lexa spoke up, giving her Aunt a smile. "Well, she's not the plus one I'm worried about. Why is Damon coming?" Jenna asked. Lexa shrugged before she sighed, "Ask Elena."

"Because Alaric is a pity taker. Come on Jenna, be nice." Elena spoke up, walking by the kitchen. "I'll be nice when Damon learns to keep his paws off you two." Jenna huffed to her nieces.

Lexa laughed in response to that. Truthfully, days ago she would have said she disliked Damon.. they were frenemies if anything.. but Lexa felt different ever since Damon helped her the night she'd been attacked by Katherine. She was starting to think that maybe, the pair could be friends.

Lexa also believed something must have changed that day between Damon and Elena, because now Damon wasn't constantly trying to flirt with her, but instead her twin.

Mason entered the kitchen, "Good news! I found the shot glasses!" He announced. "You're here for 10 minutes and I'm already back under the bleachers at the pep rally." Jenna laughed, acting all nostalgic. "Like old times, huh? Only I didn't swipe this bottle from my old man." Mason explained.

"Only I did instead." Sienna declared, entering the room as she held up an expensive bottle of liquor that had belonged to her father. Lexa saw this and grinned, "This is our cue to leave." She decided as the girlfriends exit the kitchen, and go outside onto the porch.

━━━━━ ♥︎ ━━━━━

Everyone was sitting in the lounge room playing Pictionary, as Damon is drawing a wolf with a tutu. Alexia and Sienna were sitting together, the Lockwood's head leaning against Alexia's shoulder, as their arms were linked. Sienna noticed Caroline giving them daggers every few seconds. Sienna frowned, not understanding.. she thought Caroline was past all of the jealousy she had of her.

"Dress! Ballerina!" Jenna called out, trying to figure out Damon's drawing. "Puppy! Puppy with a tutu!" Alaric suggested. Damon shook his head, "No, no!" Lexa spoke up, "A dog! Hound-dog!"

"Dances with Wolves!" Mason declared as Damon nodded, pointing to Mason, "Mason wins...again." He announced. "How is that a wolf?" Jenna frowned. "Uncle Mase... that's a terrible drawing." Allira piped up, from beside Jeremy.

Minutes later, everyone was seated at the table with a pie in front of them. Damon handed a cake knife towards Mason, asking "Why don't you start us off?"

"Sure." Mason answered. Sienna frowned at this, but then looked a bit relieved as he took a slice of pie with his hands, not with the knife. "I apologize, I'm an animal."

As everyone was eating, Alaric asked. "So Mason, you and Jenna never dated?" Mason shook his hand, "She was always lost in Logan Fell land." He teased as Lexa cringed, giving her aunt a look of disapproval. "My first mistake... Mason was a catch; he had girls lining up." Jenna insisted.

Sienna scoffed, "Yeah only to knock them up and abandon future children, I'm sure." She insisted, before leaving the dining table and heading into the kitchen. Mason looked at the doorway his daughter had walked through, at a loss for words.

Lexa's face fell, as she quickly got up and went after her girlfriend. Caroline noticed this and rolled her eyes.

"Babe.. are you okay?" Lexa asked softly, approaching her girlfriend. The Lockwood spun around, facing the Gilbert. "I don't want him to be here." She confessed, visibly annoyed.

"I don't understand why he abandoned me.. he refuses to tell me why he gave me to his brother." Sienna explained, sounding upset. Alexia embraced her girlfriend, trying to comfort her.. "And so I've just been a constant burden to Aunt Carol, having to live under her roof.. they probably didn't want me either, hell my Dad sure didn't."

Lexa pulled away, her brown eyes looking into Sienna's blue. "You're not a burden.. and you're definitely not unwanted, Cece... I want you, more than anything in the world." The Gilbert said softly. Sienna smiled a little holding her hands in Lexa's.

"Thank you, doll." She replied, feeling a little embarrassed for her outburst, but she had been really angry with Mason.

The pair shared a kiss, as Lexa threw her arms around Sienna's neck. Caroline then walked in, catching them with locked lips. "Oh god I didn't mean to interrupt." She insisted, walking past them to place a dish in the sink. The couple broke apart and shared an awkward glance.

━━━━━ ♥︎ ━━━━━

Elena, Caroline, Lexa and Sienna sat in the living room. There'd been some chit chat between Lexa, Sienna and Caroline but it had been strained, as it was clear that the Forbes was quite annoyed with the girlfriends for some reason.

Elena, who'd finally looked up, after being attached to her phone asked, "Would I be the worst friend in the world if I abandoned you guys and went to Stefan'?" Caroline frowned. "You want to leave?" She asked with disbelief.

"It's just that he hasn't gotten back to me and I'm starting to get this bad feeling." Elena confessed, seeming worried. "Yeah what is with Stefanie? I sent him a funny meme this morning and he didn't respond." Lexa huffed as Sienna giggled, "Stefan is old, he probably doesn't understand it." She admitted. Caroline shook her head, "I don't think that's a good idea, Elena." She finally said.

"Damon's got it under control here." Elena said as Caroline frowned, "Take it from me, there's nothing worse than a clingy girlfriend."

Alexia and Sienna, who were very much holding onto eachother, quickly separated, feeling targeted by Caroline's words.

Elena sighed, "I'm not being clingy, I'm just concerned. You understand, right?" She asked. "How about I drive you?" Caroline suggested, avoiding the question. "Yeah, okay, that'll be great, thanks."

As Elena and Caroline stand up, so do Lexa and Sienna. "Please let us come, I need to get away from my Dad." The werewolf pleaded as Caroline sighed, "Fine."

━━━━━ ♥︎ ━━━━━

As Caroline drove, Lexa who was sitting in the passenger seat, forced by Caroline, kept glancing in the mirror at Sienna and Elena, who sat in the backseat. Elena spoke up, "Thanks for this, I appreciate it."

"Here we come, to the rescue." Caroline declared, as Lexa, Sienna and Elena all frowned. "Why are you being so snippy?" Sienna asked, curiously. "That's my own drama." Caroline sighed. "I'm sure that Elena and Stefan will beat the odds. Not that there is any study to pull odds from. What is the ratio of success for vampire-human couplings? I'm guessing nil." She dragged on. Lexa shot her best friend a look, "Okay Caroline." She said surprisingly sternly, to which Caroline replied, "Sorry."

Lexa then turned up the radio, to which Sienna smiled, "I love this song!"  Lexa smiled back before saying quietly, "And I love that smile."

Caroline rolled her eyes before she pushed a button on her steering wheel. "Whats playing?" She asked. The car's radio system responded with, "Playing We Radiate by Goldfrapp."

"Ta-da!" Caroline then said happily.

A loud bang is heard, and Caroline slowed the car down, before pulling over. "Oh crap." The vampire said, as everyone got out of the car. "One of the tires are flat." Lexa observed. "Of course it is." Sienna sighed, wondering if Caroline had set this up on purpose for some reason.

━━━━━ ♥︎ ━━━━━

A lot of time had passed and the four girls were still waiting for a tow truck. "Are you sure the tow's coming? We've been waiting forever." Lexa asked. Caroline faced her best friend, "I know, it's weird. They said they'd be here by now." Elena sighed, "Yeah. I'm just gonna call Jenna." She decided "No!" Caroline quickly squeaked, earning concerned looks from the three. "Just let me try the tow people again. And I'll use my agro voice!"

"We can just walk from here." Lexa suggested. Caroline shook her head, "I can't just leave my car." She insisted. "We'll come back for it." Sienna suggested. "Just give me a minute."

Elena was growing frustrated, "Caroline, what part of I'm worried about Stefan didn't sink in?" She asked. Caroline frowned, "What's the rush? Why are you hurrying to get to a relationship that will never work?"

Alexia and Sienna's mouthes fell open at that statement. Elena just sighed, "Okay, look. I know that you're upset over Matt but will you stop projecting it onto me and Stefan please?" She asked.

Caroline shook her head, "I'm not projecting anything! You're human, he's a vampire. You're gonna be 70 and in diapers and he's still gonna be smoking hot and you will never have his children, Elena! And you are too maternal to not have children!"

Caroline then glanced at Lexa and Sienma before she scoffed, "Don't even get me started on you two."

Elena frowned before she asked, "Where is this coming from?!" Caroline frowned back, "I'm just trying to be your friend." She insisted. Lexa crossed her arms, "Caroline, do us a favor and stop trying." She hissed, before she and Sienna left, storming off towards the Boarding house.

Elena turned around to follow her sister and sister's girlfriend, but was stopped by Caroline. "Don't leave me alone." Elena frowned again, "What's wrong with you?"

"Hey there, someone called about a flat tire?" Elena turned to the tow guy, before pointing over her shoulder at Caroline. "She did." She said, before leaving to catch up with her twin.

━━━━━ ♥︎ ━━━━━

"Hello?? Stefanie?" Lexa called out, entering the Boarding house. Sienna giggled, "You've been real M.I.A man, you alive?" She called out. Elena stepped into the house, right behind the pair.

"You must be Elena."

The trio turn around, as Sienna protectively stood in front of the pair. "That isn't Natasha.." She growled. Katherine smirked before nodding, "Correct.. You must be the doggie that tried to protect Lexa." Katherine said condescendingly as Elena looked confused. Sienna just glared, "Bitch I could rip you to pieces." Katherine smirked, Try me."

"Elena?" Stefan's voice burst into the room as the three look alikes and the Lockwood all looked to Stefan. Suddenly, Katherine was gone. "Are you okay?" Stefan asked Elena as she shook her head, "Not really. Are you okay?"

"Not really." Stefan answered as the pair then embraced eachother.

Sienna and Lexa then shared a glance, Lexa seeming worried about running into Katherine. The Gilbert was strong, but without a source of magic to siphon from, she was as useful as Elena.

"I won't let her hurt you again." Sienna thought, looking into her lover's eyes.

━━━━━ ♥︎ ━━━━━

As Caroline stood in the bathroom, she flinched, seeing Katherine standing behind her. "Katherine."

Katherine asked, "Care to share how you couldn't follow through with one simple task?" In an angry tone. "I tried okay? But I couldn't exactly kidnap my best friend!" Caroline confessed. "Occupy her. That's all I asked."

"I told her that her relationship was doomed and all that mortality stuff. I think...I really think that I got to her." The blonde explained as Katherine grinned slightly, "I hope so because let's not forget. I already killed you once; I can easily do it again."

━━━━━ ♥︎ ━━━━━

Sienna watched as Elena left Caroline's table, and approached it herself. The blonde looked up, surprised to see the Lockwood. Sienna sat herself down, and faced Caroline.

"I thought we were passed all of that jealousy drama with Lexa." The Lockwood confessed. "I also thought you and I were friends, but everytime I have talked to you recently you have been a bitch." Sienna explained. Caroline sighed, "You are my friend, Cece." She confessed.

"Then why is it that you keep glaring daggers at me, particularly when I'm with Lexa?" Sienna declared as the Forbes stayed quiet, feeling ashamed. "We may be together but I swear she still loves you so much, you're her best friend, Care. I'm not replacing you." The werewolf reassured her.

Caroline bit her lip, before she faced her friend. "Because I'm no longer jealous of your friendship.. I'm jealous of your relationship." She confessed, as Sienna frowned, a little puzzled. Caroline inhaled, before sighing. Her eyes met Sienna's again and she finally said, "I think I have a crush on Lexa."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

87.6K 2.9K 14
"𝑰𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌, 𝒈𝒐𝒕𝒕𝒂 𝒍𝒆𝒕 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒆" Caroline Elizabeth Marie Forbes was a girl who loved perfection. Being th...
38.8K 1.2K 17
Stefan and Caroline have been friends for forever and have dated for 2 years. Than a new girl named Elena totally catches Stefan by surprise. With...
14.7K 472 20
AU.All Human. RATED: MATURE. Sequel to "Must Love Dogs." Six years after leaving just a letter behind as a goodbye. Elena finally returns t...
2.1K 36 21
Elena chose Damon, unable to fight her intense attraction. Now, ever since Stefan left town she can't stop longing for him to come home. Between the...