Cruel Summer • Vampire Diaries

By undeadbelova

♡˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ONGOING, SLOW UPDATES In which a girl with a secret, moves back to her hometown after being gone fo... More

CRUEL SUMMER!
001. lexa and vicki
002. hello, belgium
003. the intervention
004. for them
005. the stellar coven
006. where's my mind?
007. lexa unleashed
008. spill the beans
009. night of the comet
010. lexa has an epiphany
011. friday night bites
012. who let the rat in?
013. family ties
014. lexa, the wing woman
015. sexy suds car wash
016. lost girls
017. runaway baby vampire
018. haunted
019. ethereal
020. lovers that went wrong
021. 162 candles
022. history repeating
023. emily bennett
024. the promise of your future
025. the turning point
026. bloodlines
027. no more lies
028. unpleasantville
029. lexa's protector
030. children of the damned
031. the betrayal
032. fool me once
033. petrova
034. a few good men
035. the bachelor fundraiser
036. jealousy, jealousy
037. there goes the neighbourhood
038. let the right one in
039. dangerous lies
040. grief
041. under control
042. you robbed the hospital!
043. miss mystic falls
044. lovebirds
045. isobel
046. bio mum
047. founder's day
048. the accident
049. sister dearest
050. the return
052. game on
053. day walker
054. wicked games
055. bad moon rising
056. memory lane
057. complicated
058. kill or be killed
059. eager beaver
060. the moonstone
061. plan b
062. if you're happy, than i'm happy
063. the masquerade ball
064. karma's a bitch
065. go fuck yourself
066. rose
067. we can't all have little daylight rings
068. his sister's keeper
069. i owe you
070. the sacrifice
071. by the light of the moon
072. broken little wolf
073. best friends
074. the descent
075. look after you
076. daddy issues
077. crying wolf
078. life is about more than just surviving
079. a new best friend
080. eternal flame
081. know thy enemy
082. the last dance
083. i am not alaric
084. klaus
085. i promise
086. this is the part where you run
087. the last day
088. the sun also rises
089. misery business
090. right person, wrong time
091. as i lay dying
092. a pancake birthday tradition
093. the one that got away
094. the birthday party
095. connor fucking callahan
096. nobody is innocent
097. the end of the affair
098. disturbing behaviour
099. the reckoning
100. stefan's gone mad
101. smells like teen spirit
102. midnight love
103. strange happenings
104. ghost world
105. time to say goodbye
106. straight to the source
107. champagne problems
108. feel something
109. backstabbers
110. homecoming
111. gone girl
112. the new deal
cruel summer has been plagiarised...
113. our town
114. love really does make people pathetic

051. brave new world

2.5K 113 24
By undeadbelova

As everyone was preparing for the carnival, Bonnie, Elena and Lexa chatted quietly. The trio have decided to take care of everything for Caroline.

"Katherine looked just like you guys, it was freakish." Bonnie insisted, looking at the twins. Elena sighed, "She is our ancestor."

"Hey, I moved the student booth into the cafeteria." Lexa spoke up, as she hadn't been listening much to their conversation, she wanted to make sure the carnival was perfect, as Caroline wasn't here to make it perfect.

"Your vampire ancestor and she didn't just resemble you like a family member would. She was you!" Bonnie huffed, still talking to Elena about Katherine. "I don't know, I can't explain it. It's creepy, that's all I got."

"How do you know she's not still out there pretending to be you?" The witch asked. Lexa shrugged, "You... get used to it." She admitted, as Natasha had often gone around Mystic falls pretending to be her. "I don't but I could sit here and be tortured by the not-knowing or I could get these prizes to the ring toss." Elena insisted.

"Have you talk to Damon since he killed Jeremy or tried to kill Jeremy?" Bonnie asked. That is when Lexa glared and joined in on their conversation, "That asshole will not be mentioned today. Today needs to be perfect!" With that the siphoner waltzed off.

Bonnie looked at Elena, who smiled nervously, "She wants today to be perfect for Caroline.. and no Bonnie, I haven't, I won't and I don't want to talk about Damon or anything else that's vampire related okay?" She asked before she handed a bag full of plushies to Bonnie.

━━━━━ ⋆⋅♥︎⋅⋆ ━━━━━

Caroline was laying in the bed. The curtains were drawn except for a small ray of light trickling from the window. Curiously, she tried to put her hand in the light, but withdrew it painfully as it burned her. "Ow!" She hissed.

Matt appeared in the doorway, holding a tray of food. "Your mom said you're not eating." He began as the blonde frowned, "It's gross." Matt chuckled, "It's hospital food; it's supposed to be gross."

The boy then went toward Caroline to kiss her, but as the ray of sunlight was between them, Caroline didn't move.

Awkwardly Matt stepped back, "She also said you're getting released tomorrow morning." Caroline blinked in surprise, "Morning? I need to get out tonight!" She ordered.

"No, the carnival is going to happen without you, Caroline. I know it's hard for your neurotic control freak personality to process but Bonnie, Lexa and Elena have it." Matt insisted as his girlfriend frowned at him, "I'm not neurotic."

"Yeah you are but it's cute so..."

Caroline seemed annoyed, "Look, it's not about the carnival okay? It's just that this place is just really depressing." She declared. Matt shrugged, "It's because you're sitting in the dark." He said as he walked over to the curtains, planning to open them. Caroline panicked and screamed out, "No don't!"

Matt opened the curtains as Caroline ran to the opposite wall and pressed herself flat against it to avoid the light. Matt just looked at her, confused. "What the hell?"

"Just close it, please?" Caroline asked before Matt questioned, "What's wrong with you?" Caroline demanded, "Close it!"

Matt closed the curtain, and sighed, unsure why the Forbes was acting like this. "I'll just come back later, okay?" He said, before he left.

━━━━━ ⋆⋅♥︎⋅⋆ ━━━━━

Caroline picked up the necklace given to her by the twins, wanting to wear it, but the second she put it around her neck, it burned her skin. "Ow!" She panicked, before hurling it across the room.

The nurse walked in and noticed it on the floor, before she picked it up. "That's pretty." She pointed out. "Yeah, my friends gave it to me."

The nurse left and Caroline took this moment to hide in the bathroom to drink blood from a blood bag. She didn't know why, or what was causing her to do this.. but she was craving blood.

Caroline looked up into the mirror, as veins popped out from under her eyes, and fangs suddenly grew in her mouth. At the sight of herself, she screamed.

The nurse rushed in, "What's wrong?" She asked, before flinching at the sight of her patient. Caroline panicked and put her hand around the nurse's throat, before pushing her against a wall with vampire speed. Without realising, she compels her. "You can't tell anyone- you can't tell anyone!"

The nurse just nodded, "I can't tell anyone." Caroline blinked in surprise, "You'll do what I say?" She asked as the woman nodded, "I'll do what you say."

Caroline grinned, "Good, because I'm starving." She admitted before sinking her new fangs into the woman's neck.

━━━━━ ⋆⋅♥︎⋅⋆ ━━━━━

The carnival was underway at last, was Lexa is walking around with Stefan and Elena.

"The ring toss is out of Bart and Homer dolls and Team Jacob T's." Lexa panicked as Elena nodded, "Okay, I can grab some from the science club. Also we lost a speaker in the karaoke room.."

Stefan looked at the twins, who were trying so hard to achieve Caroline's high standards for the carnival. "Hey, all good Elena, Lexa, take a beat, look around. This is a huge success." Stefan assured them. "You mean we can do more than just freak vampire havoc?" Lexa asked as Elena laughed, "Go figure."

Whilst Lexa and Stefan were distracted, Bonnie practically dragged Elena away to show her something.

"Where's Sienna tonight? I figured you two would be hanging out together." Stefan spoke up, as the pair began to walk around. Lexa shrugged, "She is going to spend tonight with Tyler and Allie.. she is really worried about Ty." She insisted. "She's a good cousin.." Stefan trailed off, "Just like you're a good best friend! You did such a good job pulling this all off. I'm sure Caroline would be pleased." Stefan said to her, with a smile.

Lexa shrugged, "I like the praise but it wasn't all me." She replied honestly. "Well no, but it was like 90% you.. You have been running around for the past couple of days like a chicken with its head cut off." Stefan joked as Alexia shrugged, "I have just been asking myself every five seconds, What would Caroline think? And this has pretty much been the end result." She admitted as she laughed.

The Gilbert's eyes averted to cotton candy, and her pupils dilated at the sight of the sugary sweet. "Do you like cotton candy?" Lexa asked. Stefan shrugged, "Yeah, I don't mind it." Barely a second passed as Lexa dragged Stefan along with her to the queue to buy cotton candy.

━━━━━ ⋆⋅♥︎⋅⋆ ━━━━━

"The doctor said I'm good as new. He signed me out. He said that I didn't have to wait 'til morning, so call me when you get this." Caroline spoke into the phone, before hanging it up.

The nurse was sitting on Caroline's bed, with a bandage covering the wound on her neck. Caroline sighed, "It's dark, thank god. I'm so sorry about that..." She said to the nurse before she looked at the bandage. "Okay, now what's the story?"

"My husband likes to get kinky."

Caroline nodded, pleased. "Yes, good. Okay, so I'm gonna take off. I'm the committee chair for the carnival and I'm worried it's a complete disaster. I mean god bless Lexa, but she does not understand the word fabulous." The girl laughed nervously as she grabbed her bag. "Once again I'm so sorry about that and if you could just forget that I bit you that would be great because I'm going to..." The nurse looked at the Forbes, with a confused look. "Forget what?" She asked.

Caroline blinked in surprise, "I don't know how that works but it's brilliant."

━━━━━ ⋆⋅♥︎⋅⋆ ━━━━━

Lexa approached the Salvatore brothers, as she was eating her third stick of cotton candy. Having no context to the conversation, all Lexa heard from the brothers was; "What is up with that family? They're not vampires, what the hell are they?"

"Ooh, ah, maybe they're, um, ninja turtles!"

"You're not funny!"

Lexa snorted, catching their attention. "What are you guys talking about?" She then asked. Damon turned to Lexa, "Those Lockwoods.. there's something about them.. they're not human." He insisted. Lexa kept her poker face, despite panicking on the inside as she obviously knew what the Lockwoods were. The brunette shrugged, "I have no idea."

"Aren't you dating Sienna? Can you find out for us?" Damon asked. "Sure." Lexa answered, lying. She didn't feel like it was her secret to tell.

Damon then turned his head and saw Carter repairing something. "What are you up to?" Stefan asked, finding his older brother suspicious. "This is reality and there's no such thing as werewolves or... combat turtles." Damon huffed. "Actually he said ninja turtles." Lexa corrected him. "Shush, little witch." Damon huffed as Lexa frowned.

Damon goes toward Carter, "Hey you!" Carter just responded with, "I have a name."

"Yeah I don't care."

Lexa began walking over to Damon, not trusting him at all. "What are you doing?" She hissed, keeping up with him. Damon began to compel Carter, "I need you to pick a fight with someone, a kid named Tyler Lockwood. Get him mad, don't back down no matter what he does, okay?"

"Damon, don't do this." Stefan ordered as Lexa was trying to talk Carter out of it, but it was too late. "Seriously? You are insufferable!" Lexa growled at Damon as he looked at her in surprise. "Why are you so angry at me?" He asked the Gilbert, not understanding.

Lexa just left the brothers, quickly leaving to find her girlfriend and make her aware of what was soon about to happen.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.1K 144 16
This is another Steroline fanfic and has a couple of characters from PLL but has nothing to do with the actual plot of either shows ;). Just made fro...
155K 5.4K 51
Summer had passed with Stefan being gone. Elena felt lost without her boyfriend, and quite frankly the brothers did too. Holden's love for the brown...
32.2K 721 19
in which Oaklyn Gilbert starts to feel alive again, all because of a certain vampire. Damon Salvatore x OC TVD Season1-?
1.6K 46 21
Katie Forbes came back to mystic falls with a troubled past. After being away for so long at college, she tries to put her traumatic experience behin...