Life is Stranger

By JackSmith225

An alternate version of the narrative of Life is Strange where Chloe acquires the powers instead of Max. Cont... More

I Want to Die
You Can't Go Home Again
Tears Before Bedtime
Free as a Bird
Smiles
Breakfast Fit for Queens
The Vortex
A Close Encounter
Nothing Much Happens in Arcadia Bay
Sleeping Beauty
Drink Up Buttercup
Falling Once Again
It Could Have Been You
Little Miss Tearaway
Way Out of My League
A Birthday Gift
A Late Bloomer
Never Leaving Me
Her Max
Trailer Trash
A Tick in a Tornado
A Bolt of Blue
Wrapped Around Her Finger
Up for Anything
Realisation
Together Forever
Sanctuary
The Runaway
Homesick
We Don't Need Words
A Changed Man
Her First Time
As One
Chrysalis
Through Her Eyes
A New Toy
Her Angel
A Special Place
A Thousand Pieces
The Magic Words
Predators
Prey
The Queen of Arcadia Bay
The Wish
Broken
The Golden Hour
Pirate Princesses
The Precipice
The Good Guys
The Last Straw
A Family Breakfast
The Most Precious of Gifts
A Double Date
Just the Beginning
Lost
Found
A Second Chance
Destiny
Busted
A Single Word
Her Light in the Darkness
A Different Game
The Enemy Within
No Secrets
Out of Her Shell
A New Horizon
Laid Bare
Back to Blackwell
A Prison Without Walls
The Unbearable Lightness of Being
In Her Mind
A Sudden Storm
Ashes
The Only Way
A Table For Two
Transformation
Cocooned
Per Ardua ad Astra
Intimacy
Reborn
Love Across the Years
The Love Letter
Her Chloe
Unclean
Purified
Time
I Want to Live
Tears and Blood
Anyone But Her
Not Her
What Hurts the Most
The Way
What If?
Always Be My Angel
Visitors
Birthday Girl
Follow Your Dreams
Dreamers
The Prism of Her Eyes
You Thought Wrong
Spreading Her Wings
The Promise
Worth Dying For
Drowning
The Listener
Hands and Hearts
Peace
War
A Rude Awakening
Revelation
The Price
Flying Away
Abnormal
Torn Apart
Hopes and Fears
Aftermath
A Chance Meeting
Doctor's Orders
Living a Lie
Aria of an Angel
More Than Words
Secrets
Something Wicked This Way Comes
The Edge of Tomorrow
Out of Time
The Girl Without the Dragon Tattoo
A Satisfied Mind
The Love of a Mother
Splish Splash
Rivalry
Consequences
Idolatry
The Destroyer of Worlds
Victoria's Secret
Facets of Fate
Valediction
Her Constant Companion
A Makeover for Max
The Eye of the Beholder
Holder of Her Heart
Visiting Time
Friends in High Places
All That is Gold Does Not Glitter
Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost
Dust Struggling Against Cosmic Winds
Freedom
Gumballs
Somewhere and Nowhere
Stories of the Sea
Blackhell
Trust No One
Ghosts in the Back of Her Head
When a Window Closes, a Door Opens
Hellaween
Letting Go
The Need to Cry
Thankful for the Smallest of Things
Joining the Dots
A Bell at Christmas
Reflections
The Wrong Valentine
Messages
Cards on the Table
The Hard Way
Last Day on Earth
Home Again
Absent Friends
Uncaged
The Tracks of Her Tears
Trash and Treasure
Primum Non Nocere

The Boy With No Name

227 6 1
By JackSmith225

"You two. I'm looking for someone - a tall girl with blue hair. Have you seen her anywhere?"

"No. Sorry. But if we do see her we'll let her know that you're looking for her."

"Thanks, but don't say anything. Just let me know if you see her. I'll be around campus somewhere. My name's Mr Madsen."

"Er. Okay Mr Madsen."

"Thank you young man. And remember – don't say a word about me if you see her."

"Sure thing sir."

The security guard abruptly marched away through the crowd, scanning the faces all around as he did so.

"Man that guy's intense. Glad he's not my dad. If that girl's his daughter or something, looks like she's gonna regret coming to this party."

"Yeah Matt. I bet. Let's head outside. I can hardly hear you over this music. I've had my eardrums assaulted enough for the time being."

"Sure. A breath of fresh air. Why the hell not? So anyway, like I was saying before Sergeant Shithead rudely interrupted us, do you think you might like it here or what?"

"These 'Vortex' parties I can live without, but the school's okay, I guess. The town sure does look like a nice place...but it's very small. Not much happens here, I reckon."

"Like what? The club scene? All night ragers? Beach parties and shit? Yeah, because that's totally your thing, Mr Moshpit 2012." said Matthew sarcastically.

"I know, but this place looks a little too sleepy, even for me."

"Dude, this place was just made for you. You love walking in the woods and watching birds and shit. Did you happen to notice all the countryside on our drive here? This place is in the middle of fucking nowhere. You could walk for hours and hours and not see another living soul. Don't even tell me that hasn't got your antenna twitching, 'cos I know it has."

"Yeah. I guess. And I do need to get away from home. I suppose here is as good a place as any."

"Too damn right! It's way past the time you finally left the nest...and your mom. She's only holding you back. There's a whole world out there waiting for you. Your mom doesn't want much from life apart from her next beer or ten, but you can be so much more than that. Do you want to spend the rest of your days working for little more than crappy dimes in that shitpit of a gas station? Do you? It's like she's got a disease, and she's infected you with it – the disease of a chronic lack of ambition. Remember Dead Poets Society? Get out there. Make your life extraordinary."

"Maybe. But what about you? Would you come here as well?"

"Nah man. It might not be too quiet for you, but it definitely is for me. Bright lights, big city for me."

"Well that sucks. We've been best buds for years, and now we're splitting up."

"Screw that! You think that we're never gonna see each other again? No way is that happening."

"I hope not."

"Chill. It won't. Anyways, have you seen all the hot chicks here? You're not gonna have time to be homesick or anything. Now that you're not with Lisa any more, there's nothing stopping you, is there?"

"Nooooo...not really...but...I've never really...you know."

"Are you freaking kidding me? What about Lisa? What did you two do all that time you were together? Just hold hands or something? Jesus dude! Tell me that you got to second base at least."

"We fooled around a little, sure, but not...we didn't go all the way."

"You're seventeen now. So now you can. The girls here will be free as a bird...so long as you get in there quick enough, that is. And what better time to start than right now? She could very well be your first notch on the bedpost. Over there. Look. Go over and introduce yourself. What have you got to lose?"

"Who? Where?"

"That girl with the blue hair. She's over there, sitting on the ground. See her? Hiding in the corner behind that bush. I thought you were the birdwatcher here, not me."

"Um. I dunno. I have no idea what to say to her. And she looks a bit too punk rock for me."

"Dude, you already have the perfect icebreaker. When you tell her that Major Asshole is hunting for her, she'll probably be grateful. And if you play your cards right, she might be very grateful."

"You reckon?"

"Yeah. But we'll never find out if you don't go talk to her, will we? Go on. Get your unambitious ass over there. Carpe diem. Seize the...night."

"Er. Okay."

"I'll meet you back inside."

"What? You're not going to be my wingman?"

"Nope. You got this. I'm gonna work some more on that Tara chick. I think I may be in there. Laters. Now move it. I'll see you soon. Or not. We never know our luck. Laters dude."

The smaller boy watched his best friend walk away, then loitered apprehensively for a few seconds before nervously walking over to the young woman. As he got closer he caught the familiar, unmistakable aroma of marijuana permeating out into the cold night air of spring. The joint was dangling between two fingers of one hand wrapped loosely around her shins. The other hand was carelessly holding a half empty bottle of beer by the neck. Her head was bent forwards between her raised knees.

"Er. Hello. Are you okay?"

The girl painfully slowly raised her head to look up at the boy standing in front of her. He almost gasped when he saw her eyes. He had seen the very same look before - every time his mother looked at him. Utter despair. Grief. Loss. Isolation. Loneliness. Heartbreak. Completely without hope. Her eyes looked...dead. 'She's dead inside. This poor girl is really, incredibly, badly broken. What the hell happened to her? What made her like this?' the boy thought to himself. Her gaze rendered him speechless.

"What?" she asked in a low monotone.

"Are you alright? Do you want me to..."

"I want you to get lost."

"But I just..."

"I know what you're after, dickhead. And you're not getting it from me. Now fuck off and leave me alone."

"Okay, okay. I'll be going...but I should let you know that campus security are looking for you."

"Really genius? What the fuck do you think I'm hiding here for? I already know. Now fuck off."

"I...er...I'd like to help you if I coul..."

"No one can help me. Least of all a fucking prick like you. Now if you don't get out of my goddamn face this second I'm gonna smash this bottle into yours."

"Okay. I'm sorry to have bothered you. Bye. I hope things get better for you."

The girl said nothing, merely burying her head back between her legs. The boy walked away and left her there. Alone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"It's too bad you struck out with Bluey, but Tara's invited me back to her room. Sooooo..."

"It's cool Matt. Go. Don't keep her waiting. I think I'll head back to the motel. Laters."

"Laters dude. Don't you dare jerk off in my bed."

"Just shut up and go, jackass." joked the smaller of the two boys.

"Aye aye Captain. Catch you later."

"Sure."

The boy ambled towards his car, idly perusing the trees surrounding the car lot as he did so. Then he saw her. She was sitting in the back of a beaten-up and rusting pick-up, partially hidden in shadow. He could hear the almost inaudible sound of her quiet weeping drifting out into the night.

"Hey. Listen. I know you don't want to see me again, but I just want to apologise if anything I said before upset you. I'm sorry..."

The dead eyes once again paralysed his tongue. She wiped the tears from her face with a sleeve. Without a word she picked herself up from the truck bed and almost fell onto the ground before recovering from her stumble. She opened the driver's door before speaking.

"Get in."

"I'm sorry? Pardon me?"

"For fuck's sake. Get...in...the...fucking...truck."

"What? Why?"

"Are you totally fucking stupid? Do you want to fuck me or not?"

"Um..."

"I'm leaving now. Either you get in or you don't. I couldn't care fucking less."

"Er...um...okay. My name's..."

"Shut the fuck up. I don't want to know your name. After this, I never want to see you again. Ever. No talking. No kissing. No undressing. Just fuck me from behind – I don't want to see your face. Put your hands on my shoulders and nowhere else. Just get it over with and then go. Got it?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.5K 850 31
Long before Max's return to Arcadia Bay, Chloe met the beautiful and charming, Rachel Amber. Chloe struggled with her feelings towards her newfound f...
11.8K 225 17
|COMPLETED| This is the sequel to my Life Is Strange: Before The Storm x Male Reader! OC story. It focuses on the main game of Life Is Strange. Ethan...
2.1K 48 8
Before leaving Arcadia Bay for the holidays, Max spends time with her girlfriend, Chloe Price. But then the day comes where Max has to go. Chloe is l...
3.4K 103 74
After the strangest week of her life, Max Caulfield was faced with an unfair and difficult decision. Neither choice was ideal. In fact, the choices f...