Life is Stranger

Oleh JackSmith225

An alternate version of the narrative of Life is Strange where Chloe acquires the powers instead of Max. Cont... Lebih Banyak

I Want to Die
You Can't Go Home Again
Tears Before Bedtime
Free as a Bird
Smiles
Breakfast Fit for Queens
The Vortex
A Close Encounter
Nothing Much Happens in Arcadia Bay
Sleeping Beauty
Drink Up Buttercup
Falling Once Again
It Could Have Been You
Little Miss Tearaway
Way Out of My League
A Birthday Gift
A Late Bloomer
Never Leaving Me
Her Max
Trailer Trash
A Tick in a Tornado
A Bolt of Blue
Wrapped Around Her Finger
Up for Anything
Realisation
Together Forever
Sanctuary
The Runaway
Homesick
We Don't Need Words
A Changed Man
Her First Time
As One
Chrysalis
Through Her Eyes
A New Toy
Her Angel
A Special Place
A Thousand Pieces
The Magic Words
Predators
Prey
The Queen of Arcadia Bay
The Wish
Broken
The Golden Hour
Pirate Princesses
The Precipice
The Good Guys
The Last Straw
A Family Breakfast
The Most Precious of Gifts
A Double Date
Just the Beginning
Lost
Found
A Second Chance
Destiny
Busted
A Single Word
Her Light in the Darkness
A Different Game
The Enemy Within
No Secrets
Out of Her Shell
A New Horizon
Laid Bare
Back to Blackwell
A Prison Without Walls
The Unbearable Lightness of Being
In Her Mind
A Sudden Storm
Ashes
The Only Way
A Table For Two
Transformation
Cocooned
Per Ardua ad Astra
Intimacy
Reborn
Love Across the Years
The Love Letter
Her Chloe
Unclean
Purified
Time
I Want to Live
Tears and Blood
Anyone But Her
Not Her
What Hurts the Most
The Way
What If?
Always Be My Angel
Visitors
Birthday Girl
Follow Your Dreams
Dreamers
The Prism of Her Eyes
You Thought Wrong
Spreading Her Wings
The Promise
Worth Dying For
Drowning
The Listener
Hands and Hearts
Peace
War
A Rude Awakening
Revelation
The Price
Flying Away
Abnormal
Torn Apart
Hopes and Fears
Aftermath
A Chance Meeting
Living a Lie
Aria of an Angel
More Than Words
Secrets
Something Wicked This Way Comes
The Edge of Tomorrow
Out of Time
The Girl Without the Dragon Tattoo
A Satisfied Mind
The Love of a Mother
Splish Splash
Rivalry
Consequences
Idolatry
The Destroyer of Worlds
Victoria's Secret
Facets of Fate
Valediction
The Boy With No Name
Her Constant Companion
A Makeover for Max
The Eye of the Beholder
Holder of Her Heart
Visiting Time
Friends in High Places
All That is Gold Does Not Glitter
Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost
Dust Struggling Against Cosmic Winds
Freedom
Gumballs
Somewhere and Nowhere
Stories of the Sea
Blackhell
Trust No One
Ghosts in the Back of Her Head
When a Window Closes, a Door Opens
Hellaween
Letting Go
The Need to Cry
Thankful for the Smallest of Things
Joining the Dots
A Bell at Christmas
Reflections
The Wrong Valentine
Messages
Cards on the Table
The Hard Way
Last Day on Earth
Home Again
Absent Friends
Uncaged
The Tracks of Her Tears
Trash and Treasure
Primum Non Nocere

Doctor's Orders

248 11 8
Oleh JackSmith225

"Hi sweetheart." Ryan spoke quietly into the phone. "Is everything okay? It's...three in the morning. Whatever is the matter?"

"I can't sleep. I'm...I'm worried about Max."

"Worried about Max? Why? What's happened? Is she alright?"

"No. Not really. I tried to ring Max yesterday, but she didn't answer. So then I...I called her school. Ryan, she's not there. She's been given time off because she's been in a fight. She's been hurt. I've tried calling her, but she's not answering. I have to know what's going on."

"She's been in a what? A fight? I don't believe that for a second. There must be some sort of mistake. Max would never get into a fight. Why didn't you tell me before now?"

"I was going to, but you're hundreds of miles away, and you must be busy with work and everything. I didn't want to bother you."

"I'm never too busy where Max is concerned. You know that. How bad is she hurt? Who hurt her? And I can't believe you've left this until now. You should have told me straightaway."

"She's not hurt too bad, apparently, but they wouldn't tell me any more than that over the phone. And I know I should have said something before, but..."

"But nothing. I'm coming home tomorr...today. I'll speak to you then, and we'll decide what to do."

"No. Don't come home. I...won't be here."

"What do you mean you won't be...Honey, don't go there without me. Wait for me. I'll leave first thing in the morning. Please."

"I have to, Ryan. I simply can't wait any longer. It's been driving me insane. I need to know what's going on with her."

"Vanessa, listen to me. If you go there without me, it most probably won't go well. You and Max are just starting to get along together again. Going back there could ruin all of that. Max will more than likely think that you've only gone there to interfere, and we'll be right back at square one again. I can't go through all that again, and neither can you and Max. Please, Vanessa, think about what you're doing. Let her find her own way in life. She's her own woman now, and she's not stupid – Max knows exactly what she's doing."

"What she's doing is completely ignoring me. Ryan, she never even replied to the birthday messages we sent her. I want to know why she's avoiding us."

"I think we both know the answer to that question, don't we?"

"Chloe?"

"Yes. Of course. You know Chloe's the only reason she went back there at all."

"But I'm...okay with...with all of that. Max knows that now."

"Does she, Vanessa? I'm sorry, Honey, but even I don't know that. Not totally. We never know which way the wind is blowing with you. It changes from one minute to the next."

"I know. I'm sorry. I am trying, Ryan. I really am. I'm trying so hard. I'm keeping up with my meds, and doing all that Chloe tells me to do. All of this – it's been awful for me too, you know."

"I know Hon - it's been awful for all of us, Ness. I want us to put it all behind us. Just...please don't go raking open old wounds."

"I promise. I won't."

"We both know that's a promise that you can't keep. Are you sure you've taken all of your meds today?"

"..."

"Vanessa?"

"I...forgot some this afternoon. But it's okay – I've caught back up now."

"Are they still working?"

"Yes. Everything's...fine. There's absolutely no need to worry about me." Ryan could hear the lie in the words.

"Vanessa, I can tell when you're lying, even over the phone. Tell me the truth. Tell me what happened."

"Okay okay. I didn't...I didn't forget to take them. But I think I...might still have had an...episode."

"What happened? What did you do?"

"Oh Ryan. It was terrible. I was looking at some old photos, and...and then...and then...the next thing I know, there's a pen in my hand...and writing scrawled all over the photos of...of our baby. Max, I'm so sorry. It wasn't me. I swear." Vanessa could be heard sobbing into the phone.

"Honey, it's okay. I have all the photos backed up. It doesn't matter. We can replace them."

"I...I know that. It's just...the things written there...about our baby...the things I wrote...they're horrible. And I wrote them. What the hell is wrong with me? I hate myself."

"It wasn't you, Vanessa. Remember that. You're just ill. Don't keep blaming yourself."

"Who am I going to blame, Ryan? You? Max? Dr Michel? No. This is all me. And only me. I can't bear this any more...I...I want to die. I'd rather die than do this to my baby."

"Honey, just hold it together. We'll find a way through this. This is just a hiccup. You've done really well for a long time. I'll leave for the airport right this second. Just give me a few hours, okay?"

"No, don't. It's okay. I'll be alright. Just...meet me at the Bay, not here. I'm leaving. Right now."

"Vanessa? Honey? Hello?"

No response came. The line was dead. A bare arm snaked out from underneath the covers and curled itself around Ryan's chest.

"Do you have to go?" a rueful voice purred softly.

"Yes. Sorry love. Max, my daughter, she's..."

"Yes, I heard. I hope she's okay. I'd like to meet her someday, you know? That would be lovely."

"One day. I promise. But you know how things are at the minute."

The woman let out a deep sigh. "Well, I guess I'll just have to wait back in Seattle for you, then, won't I? Don't you forget about me, Mr Caulfield."

"As if I could. I don't know what I'd do without you. I...I love you, Chloe."

"It's Dr Michel to you, if you don't mind. A little respect is in order – your wife is a patient of mine, after all." joked Chloe before kissing her lover passionately. "I love you too. Don't be gone too long. Doctor's orders. I'll miss you."

"Ditto." said Ryan.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

92K 2.7K 82
Dual POV This story starts off right after Max made the choice to sacrifice Arcadia Bay, leaving only her and Chloe as survivors. Without anywhere el...
260K 4.3K 50
I haven't found any of these so I thought I should make it. Requests closed since this book is finished. It can be that the first few chapters have a...
27.8K 843 31
Long before Max's return to Arcadia Bay, Chloe met the beautiful and charming, Rachel Amber. Chloe struggled with her feelings towards her newfound f...
302 27 19
Heads up the first chapters takes place in third person while the rest the place in a first person POV. Also this story will get hella dark just like...