Life is Stranger

By JackSmith225

An alternate version of the narrative of Life is Strange where Chloe acquires the powers instead of Max. Cont... More

I Want to Die
You Can't Go Home Again
Tears Before Bedtime
Free as a Bird
Smiles
Breakfast Fit for Queens
The Vortex
A Close Encounter
Nothing Much Happens in Arcadia Bay
Sleeping Beauty
Drink Up Buttercup
Falling Once Again
It Could Have Been You
Little Miss Tearaway
Way Out of My League
A Birthday Gift
A Late Bloomer
Never Leaving Me
Her Max
Trailer Trash
A Tick in a Tornado
A Bolt of Blue
Wrapped Around Her Finger
Up for Anything
Realisation
Together Forever
Sanctuary
The Runaway
Homesick
We Don't Need Words
A Changed Man
Her First Time
As One
Chrysalis
Through Her Eyes
A New Toy
Her Angel
A Special Place
A Thousand Pieces
The Magic Words
Predators
Prey
The Queen of Arcadia Bay
The Wish
Broken
The Golden Hour
Pirate Princesses
The Precipice
The Good Guys
The Last Straw
A Family Breakfast
The Most Precious of Gifts
A Double Date
Just the Beginning
Lost
Found
Destiny
Busted
A Single Word
Her Light in the Darkness
A Different Game
The Enemy Within
No Secrets
Out of Her Shell
A New Horizon
Laid Bare
Back to Blackwell
A Prison Without Walls
The Unbearable Lightness of Being
In Her Mind
A Sudden Storm
Ashes
The Only Way
A Table For Two
Transformation
Cocooned
Per Ardua ad Astra
Intimacy
Reborn
Love Across the Years
The Love Letter
Her Chloe
Unclean
Purified
Time
I Want to Live
Tears and Blood
Anyone But Her
Not Her
What Hurts the Most
The Way
What If?
Always Be My Angel
Visitors
Birthday Girl
Follow Your Dreams
Dreamers
The Prism of Her Eyes
You Thought Wrong
Spreading Her Wings
The Promise
Worth Dying For
Drowning
The Listener
Hands and Hearts
Peace
War
A Rude Awakening
Revelation
The Price
Flying Away
Abnormal
Torn Apart
Hopes and Fears
Aftermath
A Chance Meeting
Doctor's Orders
Living a Lie
Aria of an Angel
More Than Words
Secrets
Something Wicked This Way Comes
The Edge of Tomorrow
Out of Time
The Girl Without the Dragon Tattoo
A Satisfied Mind
The Love of a Mother
Splish Splash
Rivalry
Consequences
Idolatry
The Destroyer of Worlds
Victoria's Secret
Facets of Fate
Valediction
The Boy With No Name
Her Constant Companion
A Makeover for Max
The Eye of the Beholder
Holder of Her Heart
Visiting Time
Friends in High Places
All That is Gold Does Not Glitter
Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost
Dust Struggling Against Cosmic Winds
Freedom
Gumballs
Somewhere and Nowhere
Stories of the Sea
Blackhell
Trust No One
Ghosts in the Back of Her Head
When a Window Closes, a Door Opens
Hellaween
Letting Go
The Need to Cry
Thankful for the Smallest of Things
Joining the Dots
A Bell at Christmas
Reflections
The Wrong Valentine
Messages
Cards on the Table
The Hard Way
Last Day on Earth
Home Again
Absent Friends
Uncaged
The Tracks of Her Tears
Trash and Treasure
Primum Non Nocere

A Second Chance

486 21 7
By JackSmith225

"Mom, what the hell am I? Why is all this happening to me? To us? All I want to do is live the rest of my life in peace with Max. I just want to be normal. I never asked for any of this. I'm frightened."

"Don't be. You are merely you. You always will be. But you actually are awesome, Chloe. Things may seem somewhat strange right now, but don't let it worry you. What's happening is perfectly natural. These things you have been bestowed with - they are gifts. You've been given them because you need to have them. I don't know much, Chloe, but I'm not afraid, and neither should you be."

"Gifts? What do you mean? And who gave them to me?"

"I simply don't know, Chloe. That is for you to discover – you and Max. There has always been something different about you, right from the very day you were born. You're special, and I don't mean merely to me. You have the potential to find out so much more than I will ever know about any of this. I believe you are destined to find out. And Max is destined to be by your side on your journey. So long as you two are together, nothing can hurt either of you. Trust in that. You will save her. And she will save you."

"This is intense. Why would we need to save each other? Why would I need to save her? From what? What's going to happen to her? I won't let anybody hurt her."

"Relax Chloe. It will all be fine. You have nothing to be afraid of. Together you are unstoppable. But never give up on her, Chloe. Never. Even if you think all is lost. United you two can weather any storm. You can emerge completely unscathed so long as you remain true to each other. Others may try to tear you apart – you must not let them. Believe in yourself. Believe in Max. Either both of you emerge from the tempest, or neither of you do. Save her at all costs. She is more important to you than anyone at all. More than your Dad. More than me. She is a part of you. Without Max, you are lost. Never forget that."

"Shitballs! But how will I know what to do? How do I save her?"

"Oh Chloe, you already have. Long ago. And Max has already saved you. But neither of you will remember. But both of you will in time, I'm sure."

"What? When?"

"Like I just said, you'll find out. There is only so much I can tell you. Anyway, forget about all of that for now - you've done a sterling job with the breakfast. You should go and wake your other half. She'll never forgive us if she misses out on her eggs and bacon."

"You're not wrong there – she'll probably eat us instead. And I guess all this X-Files crap is hard work on an empty stomach. Mom, don't tell Max about any of this shizzle – not yet. I don't want her to worry. And keep it quiet that I prepared breakfast – I want to surprise her with my new cooking ability. I think I just levelled-up."

"Of course I won't. But don't try and run before you can walk. By this time next week you'll be a culinary expert."

"Thanks Mom. You're the best."

"No I'm not. You are."

"If you say so. Back down soon."

As Chloe ascended the stairs she could hear an odd sound coming from the bathroom. "Max? I didn't hear you get up. What are you doing in there?" There was no answer. Chloe was suddenly anxious. She opened the bedroom door. Max was still curled up in a ball, now on Chloe's side of the bed. Chloe quietly closed the door again and moved to investigate the noise. She was relieved to see it was only a jay atop the shower screen. 'Oh no. That poor little bird has been trapped in here. It must have flown in through the window. Don't you crap on my towel, birdy.' She waved at the jay with her hand and it flew out to the handrail, before changing its mind and resting on the bookshelf. She ushered it again. "Fly. Be free." The bird made good the escape out of the open window. Chloe returned to the bedroom. She softly stroked the sleeping girl's hair. "Hey there, sleepy head. Wakey wakey eggs and bakey. Your nosh is ready." Max's eyes slowly flickered open, but only to a half-open, "walking dead" position.

"fnf...did somebody say something about bacon?"

"Yes. Moi. Good morning beautiful. I see you've commandeered my side of the bed."

"What's yours is mine. Amirite?"

"I guess. I'll remember that the next time I get the monthly cramps – you are very welcome to them. Then I'll be good to flow."

"Gross Chloe! Too much information!"

"You did say you wanted all of me – the good and the bad. So there you go. Take 'em. They're all yours."

"Chloe?"

"Yep?"

"Shut the fluff up."

"Fluff? Dude, you are just so freakin' adorable."

"I don't feel it right now. What time did we get back?"

"Just after three, I think. You went out like a light as soon as your head hit the pillow."

"Just as well, or else you might have taken advantage of me."

"I can't believe you just said that, Miss Raging Hormones."

"Don't blame me. It's not my fault – it's yours. Go look in the mirror – you're super hot."

"Thanks. You're not too bad yourself. Now let's get down those stairs before you get carried away, Max the Minx."

"You're just no fun. I swear to dog I'm just gonna pounce on you soon and take what I want. I won't be able to help myself."

"Holy fuck Max! Go take a cold shower or something. You won't have to wait much longer. Promise. Come on. Down the stairs. Now young miss!"

"Ooooo. Tell me off some more. I like it."

"For fucking fluff's sake, to borrow your charming term. You seriously need spaying or something. I'm going now before you molest me. I'll meet you down there."

"Hang on. Wait for me. I'm ready."

"Alright, but keep your hands where I can see them. I know your game, Maximus."

"Drat! Rumbled again. I'm coming to get you. C'mere Price." Max ran towards Chloe with both arms outstretched, wiggling her fingers.

"Mom, Max is at it again! Tell her." squealed Chloe as she bounded downstairs.

"Max, can you control yourself until after brekkie? Then you can do what you like with her."

"Mom! Don't say things like that! It'll just encourage her. She's out of control."

"Morning Joyce. Don't listen to Chloe. I've done absolutely nothing whatsoever."

"Pffft! How can you keep that sweet, innocent-looking face whilst you're lying through your teeth? You are so never going to heaven."

"Right then girls, here you go. There's still some left if you want more after that. Yes Max, I mean you. For someone so tiny you sure can put it away."

"I need lots of fuel to keep up with Chloe."

"Like yeah. I always beat you at everything."

"Only 'cos you always cheat. You're not going to heaven either."

"What are you two planning for tonight?"

"I think we'll just chill here and watch a movie or something. Sound good, Maxo?"

"Sure. I don't think I can take that much excitement two nights running. Kate said she was going to pop round as well. Besides, I need to think about getting ready to go back to Blackwell. As much as I love it here, I don't want to miss out on too much."

"I'll come with you when you go back, just in case that nutjob decides to go for round two."

"I doubt he'll be a problem, Chloe. I think he's learnt his lesson." called Joyce over her shoulder from the kitchen.

"Well, if he hasn't I can always give him a little reminder."

"I'll be fine Chloe. But I want you to come with me anyway. Man, it would be so cool if we were studying there together."

"Hella yes! If only. But it's too bad I've blown that sky high. They'll never let me back in there. I have a file as long as your arm."

Joyce stood at the breakfast bar, wiping her hands. "You want to go back to Blackwell, do you Chloe?"

"Yup. But there's no point in wishing for things that I can't have. I've done that for long enough. Look what it did to me. I am not going to torture myself any more."

"Chloe, I think maybe things can be done about that."

"What? What are you talking about?"

"I am talking about Blackwell. If you want to go back, you can."

"No fucking way! How? What?"

"You have more friends than you realise, Chloe. Leave it with me. You can have a second chance – don't waste it. Just try and behave yourself this time, you hear?" said Joyce, playfully throwing the towel at her daughter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 103 74
After the strangest week of her life, Max Caulfield was faced with an unfair and difficult decision. Neither choice was ideal. In fact, the choices f...
3K 214 38
Therapy is long over and she is better than ever and not recognizable. Therapy changes people, that's the sense of it all and it did the exact same t...
367 2 26
Max's journal I do not own this story but these are my choices in the game. All rights go to square enix and dontnod entertainment
5.1K 200 26
This is a Markiplier FanFiction about the game, "Life Is Strange." Max Caulfield is the new girl in the town of Arcadia Bay. She's a shy photographer...