Life is Stranger

By JackSmith225

An alternate version of the narrative of Life is Strange where Chloe acquires the powers instead of Max. Cont... More

I Want to Die
You Can't Go Home Again
Tears Before Bedtime
Free as a Bird
Smiles
Breakfast Fit for Queens
The Vortex
A Close Encounter
Nothing Much Happens in Arcadia Bay
Sleeping Beauty
Drink Up Buttercup
Falling Once Again
It Could Have Been You
Little Miss Tearaway
Way Out of My League
A Birthday Gift
A Late Bloomer
Never Leaving Me
Her Max
Trailer Trash
A Tick in a Tornado
A Bolt of Blue
Wrapped Around Her Finger
Up for Anything
Realisation
Sanctuary
The Runaway
Homesick
We Don't Need Words
A Changed Man
Her First Time
As One
Chrysalis
Through Her Eyes
A New Toy
Her Angel
A Special Place
A Thousand Pieces
The Magic Words
Predators
Prey
The Queen of Arcadia Bay
The Wish
Broken
The Golden Hour
Pirate Princesses
The Precipice
The Good Guys
The Last Straw
A Family Breakfast
The Most Precious of Gifts
A Double Date
Just the Beginning
Lost
Found
A Second Chance
Destiny
Busted
A Single Word
Her Light in the Darkness
A Different Game
The Enemy Within
No Secrets
Out of Her Shell
A New Horizon
Laid Bare
Back to Blackwell
A Prison Without Walls
The Unbearable Lightness of Being
In Her Mind
A Sudden Storm
Ashes
The Only Way
A Table For Two
Transformation
Cocooned
Per Ardua ad Astra
Intimacy
Reborn
Love Across the Years
The Love Letter
Her Chloe
Unclean
Purified
Time
I Want to Live
Tears and Blood
Anyone But Her
Not Her
What Hurts the Most
The Way
What If?
Always Be My Angel
Visitors
Birthday Girl
Follow Your Dreams
Dreamers
The Prism of Her Eyes
You Thought Wrong
Spreading Her Wings
The Promise
Worth Dying For
Drowning
The Listener
Hands and Hearts
Peace
War
A Rude Awakening
Revelation
The Price
Flying Away
Abnormal
Torn Apart
Hopes and Fears
Aftermath
A Chance Meeting
Doctor's Orders
Living a Lie
Aria of an Angel
More Than Words
Secrets
Something Wicked This Way Comes
The Edge of Tomorrow
Out of Time
The Girl Without the Dragon Tattoo
A Satisfied Mind
The Love of a Mother
Splish Splash
Rivalry
Consequences
Idolatry
The Destroyer of Worlds
Victoria's Secret
Facets of Fate
Valediction
The Boy With No Name
Her Constant Companion
A Makeover for Max
The Eye of the Beholder
Holder of Her Heart
Visiting Time
Friends in High Places
All That is Gold Does Not Glitter
Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost
Dust Struggling Against Cosmic Winds
Freedom
Gumballs
Somewhere and Nowhere
Stories of the Sea
Blackhell
Trust No One
Ghosts in the Back of Her Head
When a Window Closes, a Door Opens
Hellaween
Letting Go
The Need to Cry
Thankful for the Smallest of Things
Joining the Dots
A Bell at Christmas
Reflections
The Wrong Valentine
Messages
Cards on the Table
The Hard Way
Last Day on Earth
Home Again
Absent Friends
Uncaged
The Tracks of Her Tears
Trash and Treasure
Primum Non Nocere

Together Forever

917 38 12
By JackSmith225

"How much longer Picasso? I'm getting hella bored just sitting here doing nothing. I think there's a pair of jays building a nest in my ear."

Max giggled. "You're such an idiot. Just a few more minutes. Nearly done. Promise."

"I hope so – my leg's starting to cramp up. And it'd better be worth it. Make me look super pretty or else Caulfield." Chloe raised her hands in a mock tickling gesture.

"Hold still Chloe! Or it'll just take even longer. And how could I not make you look pretty? You're beautiful and you know it. Now quit fidgeting about."

"Yes Miss. You sure can be bossy at times. You're finally learning from the master."

"Yep. It's the company I keep."

"I wish I could draw like you can. All I can manage is crappy graffiti."

"And I wish I was as pretty as you are. I love your eyes. They're amazing."

"So are yours. You're even prettier than me. I have no idea why you even think that you aren't. If I could draw, you would be my one and only model. I would never stop drawing you."

"Give over. You're embarrassing me...and putting me off." said Max, blushing a deep scarlet.

"You are so cute."

"I'm nearly done. Man, I wish I had a camera so I could take pictures of you as well."

"Your folks still not got you one?"

"Nope. They keep saying maybe on my birthday. I sure hope so. There's this photographer whose work I like and he's here for an exhibition next year. I would love to have something to show him."

"I've got your back Max. You'll be famous one day. I'll use my charms on your parents. And if that doesn't work I'll torture-tickle them until they give you whatever you ask for. Anything for you Maxo."

"Thanks Chloe. You're my angel."

"I sure am. Don't you ever forget it."

"There! All done. Whaddya think?" Max passed Chloe her journal.

Chloe was astonished. "Wowser Max! That is...awesome. I look gorgeous! Thanks a million!" She lunged at her friend and showered her in hugs and kisses. "Please can I keep it?"

"Sure. But lemme tear it out. You'll probably rip the whole book in half. And ruin the feather."

"You need to put your moniker on it too."

"Okay...pass it back here." Max wrote on the page then carefully tore it out. "There you go. It's all yours."

"Oh Max that's so sweet. I love you to bits. I'm gonna keep this for all time Max. I'll treasure it for ever and ever. I swear."

"Just like I'm gonna treasure you forever."

"Max! Your parents are back at the house. It's time to go Munchkin." called Joyce from the ground below.

"Okay, coming!" Max shouted back. She moved towards the tree fort entrance.

"Max, before you go, come here."

"Hmmm?"

Chloe held her friend's hands tenderly and kissed her gently on the cheek. "Max, this drawing is the best thing anyone has ever given me. I just want you to know how much I love you. I don't know what I'd do without you. I really don't." said Chloe softly.

"Me neither. I love you too Chloe. You're my best friend in the whole world."

The two girls clambered down the tree and strolled across the clearing to where Joyce was waiting, sitting on a tree trunk.

"Mom, look what Max did." said Chloe as she passed the picture to her mom.

"That's simply wonderful! Max, you certainly are a very talented young lady. You've made Chloe look even more beautiful here than she actually is. I wouldn't have thought that possible."

"I think it's sorta okay, but thanks Joyce."

"You shouldn't underestimate yourself Max. It's amazing. I'll see if I can sort out a lovely frame for it."

"I want it in my room Mom."

"Of course Poppet."

They moved out of sight amongst the trees, the two girls arm-in-arm, with Joyce trailing behind. None of them saw the doe looking on from the shadows of the forest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Max, grab that box from the back seat and bring it into the house please sweetheart. Take special care not to drop it." said Vanessa as she unlocked the front door to the house.

"What's in it?"

"You'll have to wait until you're inside. Then you can open it." said Ryan.

"It's for me?"

"Yes it is. A special treat for our beautiful princess. Don't shake it."

Max rushed inside, eager to open her gift. She seated herself at the dining table and opened the parcel quickly but carefully. "The camera I wanted! And lots of spare film! Thanks Mom! Thanks Pop! This is awesome! And it's not even my birthday! You're the best mom and pop ever! I can't wait to show this to Chloe! We were just talking about this today!" Max was beaming from ear to ear...until she noticed the worried looks on her parent's faces. "What's the matter?"

"Max. Come here and sit with me baby. We've got something very important to tell you." said Vanessa softly, patting the couch beside her.

"No. I'm okay here. Just tell me. What is it?"

Ryan placed his hands on his daughter's shoulders and cleared his throat nervously. "Er, Max. I've been offered a new job. It's a lot more money. We can have a much better house and all sorts of things. We'll get you absolutely anything you want – the very best of everything."

Max had a horrible feeling about what was coming, but she had to ask anyway. "Whe...where?"

"It's...er...in Seattle, baby."

Silence reigned for an age. Max's parents looked at the floor, unable to meet their daughter's gaze.

"I'm not going! I'm staying here. I'm not leaving Arcadia Bay. I'm just not! You can't make me! I'm not leaving Chloe! Ever!" Max began to cry.

"Max, we're thinking of you Munchkin. You're incredibly talented and you won't get the opportunities here which will get you the career you deserve. In Seattle, the world will be your oyster. We know you love Chloe. We understand. Please believe us. This was a very difficult decision for your father and I to make. We're ever so sorry sweetness, but this will be the best thing for us all in the long run."

"No it won't! I don't care about my stupid career, Seattle, or anything else. I only care about Chloe. We've been together as long as I can remember, and you're going to tear us apart for a stupid job? It's not fair! I don't want to go! You go! I'll stay here with Chloe and Joyce. I can live with them."

"Max, you have to come with us Princess. It's not just about the job. This will be the making of you. We've got you a place in a great art scho..."

"I don't want it. Tell them to shove it. And I don't want this either." Max shoved the new camera across the table. "Take it back. Give it away. Sell it. Throw it in the trash. Whatever. I simply don't care. I'm not taking it. You think you can bribe me with a stupid shitty camera in exchange for my best friend? You think I'd swap this piece of junk for Chloe? She's my world, my everything. This...this shit is just a crappy piece of plastic. No fucking way! Get the fucking thing out of my sight!"

"MAXINE CAULFIELD YOU MIND YOUR LANGUAGE!" yelled Vanessa. "I never want to hear you talk like that again, you hear me?"

"FUCK OFF! I HATE YOU! I HATE BOTH OF YOU! I NEVER WANT TO SEE EITHER OF YOU EVER AGAIN! GO TO HELL! GO FUCK YOURSELVES. YOU'RE NOTHING BUT A PAIR OF SELFISH BASTARDS! LOOKING AT YOU MAKES ME FEEL SICK! YOU DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT ME! NOW LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE! I'M DONE WITH YOU! FOREVER!"

Max stormed upstairs and locked herself in her bedroom. She fell onto her bed, her tiny little form wracked with the uncontrolled spasms of heart-wrenching sobs.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.2K 250 4
Max, a rather typical, shy girl, recently got the ability to reverse time. After spending the day trying to gain control of her confused mind, she co...
21.7K 808 19
Sequel to Love Comes With A Price. Chloe Price x Fem!Reader fanfic. Life is Strange fanfiction. You and Chloe have been dating for four years. You...
15.3K 252 32
After struggling to find and keep jobs, Chloe gets the idea to go on a road trip to Dellwood, Ohio to spend the holidays with her girlfriend, Max Cau...
9.7K 205 17
|COMPLETED| This is the sequel to my Life Is Strange: Before The Storm x Male Reader! OC story. It focuses on the main game of Life Is Strange. Ethan...