Life is Stranger

By JackSmith225

An alternate version of the narrative of Life is Strange where Chloe acquires the powers instead of Max. Cont... More

I Want to Die
You Can't Go Home Again
Tears Before Bedtime
Free as a Bird
Smiles
Breakfast Fit for Queens
The Vortex
A Close Encounter
Nothing Much Happens in Arcadia Bay
Sleeping Beauty
Drink Up Buttercup
Falling Once Again
It Could Have Been You
Little Miss Tearaway
Way Out of My League
A Birthday Gift
A Late Bloomer
Never Leaving Me
Her Max
Trailer Trash
A Bolt of Blue
Wrapped Around Her Finger
Up for Anything
Realisation
Together Forever
Sanctuary
The Runaway
Homesick
We Don't Need Words
A Changed Man
Her First Time
As One
Chrysalis
Through Her Eyes
A New Toy
Her Angel
A Special Place
A Thousand Pieces
The Magic Words
Predators
Prey
The Queen of Arcadia Bay
The Wish
Broken
The Golden Hour
Pirate Princesses
The Precipice
The Good Guys
The Last Straw
A Family Breakfast
The Most Precious of Gifts
A Double Date
Just the Beginning
Lost
Found
A Second Chance
Destiny
Busted
A Single Word
Her Light in the Darkness
A Different Game
The Enemy Within
No Secrets
Out of Her Shell
A New Horizon
Laid Bare
Back to Blackwell
A Prison Without Walls
The Unbearable Lightness of Being
In Her Mind
A Sudden Storm
Ashes
The Only Way
A Table For Two
Transformation
Cocooned
Per Ardua ad Astra
Intimacy
Reborn
Love Across the Years
The Love Letter
Her Chloe
Unclean
Purified
Time
I Want to Live
Tears and Blood
Anyone But Her
Not Her
What Hurts the Most
The Way
What If?
Always Be My Angel
Visitors
Birthday Girl
Follow Your Dreams
Dreamers
The Prism of Her Eyes
You Thought Wrong
Spreading Her Wings
The Promise
Worth Dying For
Drowning
The Listener
Hands and Hearts
Peace
War
A Rude Awakening
Revelation
The Price
Flying Away
Abnormal
Torn Apart
Hopes and Fears
Aftermath
A Chance Meeting
Doctor's Orders
Living a Lie
Aria of an Angel
More Than Words
Secrets
Something Wicked This Way Comes
The Edge of Tomorrow
Out of Time
The Girl Without the Dragon Tattoo
A Satisfied Mind
The Love of a Mother
Splish Splash
Rivalry
Consequences
Idolatry
The Destroyer of Worlds
Victoria's Secret
Facets of Fate
Valediction
The Boy With No Name
Her Constant Companion
A Makeover for Max
The Eye of the Beholder
Holder of Her Heart
Visiting Time
Friends in High Places
All That is Gold Does Not Glitter
Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost
Dust Struggling Against Cosmic Winds
Freedom
Gumballs
Somewhere and Nowhere
Stories of the Sea
Blackhell
Trust No One
Ghosts in the Back of Her Head
When a Window Closes, a Door Opens
Hellaween
Letting Go
The Need to Cry
Thankful for the Smallest of Things
Joining the Dots
A Bell at Christmas
Reflections
The Wrong Valentine
Messages
Cards on the Table
The Hard Way
Last Day on Earth
Home Again
Absent Friends
Uncaged
The Tracks of Her Tears
Trash and Treasure
Primum Non Nocere

A Tick in a Tornado

1K 37 11
By JackSmith225

Max watched helplessly as the doe leapt from the cliff edge. The birds in the trees above began to chatter furiously. The sun's rays turned into ethereal golden ribbons which meandered towards the falling deer, soaking into it as if through osmosis. As they did so, the deer began to metamorphose into a vaguely humanoid figure. The sound of her phone broke the dream. 'Man! Again! What does this mean? Who or what is that doe? Was I hallucinating the other day? Or is it real? Am I going nuts?'

She waited until the blurriness had gone from her vision then picked up her phone. There was a message from Joyce - "u there hippie? njoy ur first day at school, nerd. Ring me after ur done at blackhell. I'll come round & doss at ur room. we can fool around with some of my makeup & shit. We havin a sleepover, maxipad?" 'Of course, Chloe's phone is still kaput.' thought Max before replying.

"Morning trouble. Thanks. Make-up? Eek! Sleepover? Yay! (^_^). It'll be just like when we were tweens. I'll ring you later :)" Max crawled out of bed and checked the mirror. "Hello, zombie face." The phone went off again. "cool. & chill, u will look great with some of my stuff on u. no peeking at me when i strip for bed! laters, sexy."

"You wish. And get a new phone today, lazy ass. Or have I got to get one for you? See you this afternoon. xoxoxo. :D"

"NO EMOJI!"

":("

As Max headed for the showers she could hear the sound of a violin coming from Kate's room. 'If that's Kate playing, then she's extremely good at it. Would make a good photo shoot too.' As she neared the bathroom door Victoria and two of her minions came through.

"Well, look who we have here. You have a great first day, Caulfield." said Victoria with an insincere grin. The underlying menace in her tone was unmistakeable.

"I will. Thank you so much, Victoria." Max replied, injecting as much sarcasm into the comment as she possibly could. The trio skirted around Max in an exaggerated fashion and left the dorm whispering furtively together. 'They're definitely planning some sort of petty revenge. I thought that being eighteen meant I wouldn't have to deal with this sort of teenage drama any more. I'll have to be on my guard.'

Max loved the showers here. Red hot needles of intense pleasure blasting away the detritus of slumber. 'I wish they'd scour my freckles away. I totally hate them.' She examined her body as she washed herself. 'Look at this shit! I am just straight up and down like a fucking stick insect! I don't have curves or anything. Pfft! Good luck doing anything with this, Chloe Price! It's gonna take a lot more than make-up and clothes. Plastic surgery and implants, more like. Who is ever going to look at me when I'm with Chloe? She's so much more prettier than I ever will be. If I did meet someone they'd just fall for her the minute they saw her. I stand about as much chance as a tick in a tornado.'

Once back in her room, she checked her phone again before donning her clothes. There were no more messages from Chloe, but there was one from a private number – "I'm coming for your ass, bitch! I know where you sleep." Max hit the delete button, laughing softly to herself. 'Is that the best you can do, Victoria? Am I supposed to be frightened? Grow up!'

The violin had fallen silent, so Max gave Kate's door a tentative tap. "Hello Max! How are you? Please, come on in. Alice has been dying to meet you."

"Awww, she's beautiful. Can I feed her a carrot?"

"Of course. It's breakfast time, Alice."

"Are you a hungry bunny? Here, nosh on this."

"It's really good to see you Max. How are things with you and Chloe?"

"Fantastic! It's been a hel...shitsto...crazy week, but Chloe and I are BFF's again. I don't have time to tell you everything right now, but I'm so happy and relieved. Thanks for your help, Kate. You really made me feel better when I was down. I won't forget it. Chloe's coming to stay the night. I'm meeting her later today. You simply must meet her. She's awesome."

"There's no need to thank me. I am here to help. It's great that you and Chloe are back together. I'm so happy for you both. And please, you don't have to watch your language around me. I've been around a fair bit and am no prude, which is just as well really, seeming as I am soon to meet the infamous Chloe Price. I can't wait to finally talk with her. It's not before time." Bathing in Kate's smile was better than the shower.

"You're an angel. Was that you I heard playing the violin earlier?"

"It was indeed. I practice each and every morning. I do hope I didn't disturb you."

"Not all it. It was simply wonderful. You play really well. I was hoping that I could listen to you play sometime, and maybe take some photos of you."

"Of course Max. It would be my pleasure."

"Well, I have to shoot. But thanks for everything Kate. I don't know what I would have done without you this week. Bye Alice. Enjoy your munchy. Bye Kate."

"Take care Max. See you in a while."

As she walked toward her first big day, Max checked her timetable. 'Damn, photography is the final lesson. Never mind Maxine. You've waited weeks to meet Mark Jefferson. A few more hours are nothing.'

Max didn't really pay too much attention during her morning classes. She struggled somewhat with all the new names and faces but she managed to pick up two - Brooke and Alyssa. They seemed okay. Mrs Terry seemed nice, if a little domineering. 'It's a good job I'm used to it. I have my bossy best friend to thank for that.' She was just so hyped for two-thirty to come around.

Finally the lunch bell sounded, so she thought she would relax on the lawn near the fountain. It would be good to soak up some of the autumn sunshine.

"Max Caulfield, right? You're one of the new arrivals?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6K 216 30
After her father died, Clare Price fell into a deep hole, while her sister Chloe did the exact opposite. While Chloe chose the rebellious path of gri...
6K 103 50
The follow up to LIFE IS STRANGE BEFORE THE ROMANCE Chloe x Male Character. Retailing of Life is Strange with Max, Chloe, and Tim as they try and fin...
2.7K 103 74
After the strangest week of her life, Max Caulfield was faced with an unfair and difficult decision. Neither choice was ideal. In fact, the choices f...
27.8K 843 31
Long before Max's return to Arcadia Bay, Chloe met the beautiful and charming, Rachel Amber. Chloe struggled with her feelings towards her newfound f...