Natural Disaster Survival Dai...

By ihatemetabolism

Author: Eat five bowls for one meal Category: Online Games Science Fiction Release time: 2023-03-28 Latest: C... More

Chapter 1
chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22 (1)
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109

Chapter 75

486 5 0
By ihatemetabolism

return

Natural Disaster Survival Daily

traditional

set up

turn off the lights

big

middle

Small

Chapter 75

    The road to the private plot in the suburbs was very lively, with people coming and going, some carrying baskets, some carrying buckets at home, and some carrying bamboo baskets, all heading in one direction.

    When we arrived at Nanzhi in the car, we found out why Aunt Wei's family was not in a hurry two days ago, but they had to wait until these two days to collect the grain in the field in a hurry.

    "The day before yesterday, a family's corn field suddenly caught fire. Because the corn stalks were too dry, it couldn't stop burning. It also burned several corn fields, and the dry sweet potato vines and potato stalks on the ground were all without exception. It started to burn."

    "Is it burning? Someone set it on fire?" Nan Zhi asked with a frown.

    "I don't know if it's true. The higher-ups are also very serious about the burning of grain. It is said that they even sent people to investigate. Let me tell you, what's the use of investigating later? All the corn in the field was burnt, even Not a single corn stalk was left. Old Liu’s corn field was burnt down, but fortunately his family planted very little corn, and most of the sweet potatoes and potatoes they planted could not be burned in the soil. Some families were unlucky. Most of the crops in the village are gone, it’s a pity that it’s a hard work in the spring, I don’t know if there is no food this winter, they can’t make it through..." The three of

    Nanzhi finally knew what happened during the two days they were away. It was a fire. No wonder so many people rushed to collect the grain in these two days. They should be afraid that something might happen to the grain in the field, so they can get it home early and feel at ease.

    Wei Junlang read the posts on his mobile phone in the car, the first few pages were all discussing why the fire broke out.

    There are conspiracy theories, saying that some people who didn't grow food saw other people's food growing well, and he was jealous, so he set fire to destroy or the family that was first ignited had conflicts with others. The crops were set on fire for revenge.

    These two statements have won the support of most people. The following hundreds of floors are all scolding the man who burns the fire, saying that he can't vent his anger with the grain in the field... Wei Junlang is reading the comments on the Internet

    , Several people in Nanzhi also discussed in full swing.

    "It can't be that someone set the fire on fire. When the fire started, it was broad daylight. If you go out during the day, your skin will fade if you get sunburned, and it will be very painful." Wei Junming yelled loudly.

    "Don't cut in on the children when adults talk!" Aunt Wei patted her youngest son, trying to make him quiet down, and her head hurt from yelling in her ear.

    "This person is so funny. It's the XX century. He died early in the morning, and he said that this is a punishment from God. It is because we don't believe in and respect the Holy Emperor. This is the punishment given to us by the Holy Emperor. Tsk, cerebral palsy, by the way, Holy Emperor What is the emperor? What kind of pheasant sect is the Holy Emperor Sect, have you heard of it?"

    Everyone shook their heads in unison, and then Wei Junlang continued to flip through the post.

    After Nan Zhi shook his head, he thought about it carefully. He had never heard of such a holy emperor, and it probably wasn't something important.

    Nanzhi passed away too early in Mengli, and there were still many things that she didn't dream about, so she didn't know that the Holy Emperor Church was really not simple. It was the first big enemy of the government, and it followed the government against it and attracted believers everywhere.

    Using the name of the Holy Emperor, burning, killing and looting in an upright manner, as long as people in their sect fancy something, they can get it.

    The point is that life may be too hopeless, people want a spiritual sustenance to live, and there are quite a few people who believe in this sect, which makes it even more difficult for the government to eliminate this sect.

    They will give new believers a lot of sweetness in the early stage, and give them the food, beauty, and status they robbed... After they fall, they will be dragged together to oppress and plunder the property of innocent people to fill the warehouse of their sect. Attract more people...

    But now they are just in the embryonic stage, very weak, just two or three people, and they will be ridiculed as mentally retarded when posting online.

    "Here we come! The official post has just been posted." Wei Junlang's mobile network turned around several times before the latest content was transferred out, and a new top post was added, but the post of the Holy Emperor disappeared.

    "What did you say?" Nanzhi was quite curious about the content of this post.

    The top post by the government doesn't have much content, and it takes less than a minute to read a few lines.

    "It was the result of the investigation of the fire, and it was because of a mirror. Because the angle of the mirror was very coincidentally aimed at the dry leaves in the corn field, and the weather was too hot, the sunlight reflected on the dry corn leaves through the mirror. It's on fire." Wei Junlang didn't expect the final reason to be like this, he really didn't expect it.

    "Oh, then this is considered a natural disaster, no wonder others." Aunt Wei sighed softly.

    "Let me just say that the fire started in broad daylight. Who would go to the field to light a fire under the sun in broad daylight? It sounds strange. Please call me Detective Xiaoming from now on!" Wei Junming made a scene in the car. Altman's signature posture, with a serious expression in excitement.

    Then "Big Detective" was slapped back to reality by his mother, "You are so beautiful, get out of the car and break the corn." The two families got out of the car and started moving. Nanzhi was very afraid of the corn silk on the corn

    , When you touch it, you will get red spots on your body, which are very itchy. So she chose to dig potatoes in the field.

    There are a lot of people in the private plot, and there are laborers everywhere, and there are chattering voices from time to time. It seems that chatting can spend a little more time and reduce the hard work of labor.     Lu Xingyun, Zheng Ping, and Wei Junlang, each with a hoe, dug the ground in front of Nanzhi. After several months, the soil was turned over again, revealing the fruit that was growing inside. All the sweet potatoes bigger than their fists were sticking out of the ground. Nanzhi and Wei Junming picked them up one by one from behind. They saw the sticky soil and the sweet potato stalks and potato stalks that hadn’t been wrung off. Just put it in a woven bag.     Although these sweet potatoes and potatoes were not as big as Nanzhi's, they were pleasantly surprised that they could grow so big without adding fertilizer and only watering them.     After one bag of sweet potatoes and corn, they were carried into the car. After one car, Lu Xingyun and Wei Junlang drove home and piled up the grains at home for another trip.     Back and forth like this, they worked for three full days before harvesting the grain in the field.

    The food is not finished after harvesting, because the weather is too hot, so it will be stuffy sooner or later if it is piled up in bags like this, so the Wei family has to spread out the bags when they get home, and pile up the grain more sparsely.

    Corn is more troublesome, and the corn kernels have to be peeled off bit by bit to separate the corn kernels from the corn stalks, and the corn kernels have to be dried in the sun so that they can be stored for a longer period of time.     On the second day after harvesting the grain, Wei's father and Wei Junlang brought a large woven bag of corn to Nanzhi's house, which was still full of corn kernels without a single corn stalk.     "We agreed to only collect 50 catties of grain, Uncle Wei, what are you doing?" Lu Xingyun first helped put down the woven bags on their shoulders.     "It's all thanks to the help of your family in the past two days that we can harvest the food so quickly. We know how much oil and energy you have spent on this coming and going. We have finally harvested after half a year. , This can be regarded as a little thought from our old Wei family, you take it away."     Wei Junlang also said with a smile, "I really trouble you, we still have food at home, and this is not much. Don’t feel too little for the busy work.”     “Why would you think it’s too little? It’s not easy for you, we agreed that 50 catties of grain would be enough.” Nan Zhi felt that the Wei family was very nice. Let her feel the warmth of human affection at this time.     "Since you're here, let's have dinner at our house." Nan Zhi wanted to keep them, she had to entertain them no matter what.     "No need, my mother has already made supper, see you in two days." Wei Junlang heard that they wanted to keep him for dinner, and dragged his father to sneak away faster than a rabbit.     "Ah!" Seeing that he couldn't keep the man, Nan Zhi didn't force it anymore.     Afterwards, the three of them continued to lie down with salted fish at home, eating some popsicles from time to time when it was too hot, and their days were quite comfortable.     Nanzhi just woke up to the "hum" of the electric fan, and was about to eat two tomatoes in the kitchen refrigerator to quench his thirst, when he saw a hole in the plastic bag on the cabinet, and the sweet potato starch inside was scattered are everywhere.     "what happened?"

    Nan Zhi packed up the starch and repacked it. Looking at the broken bag, it seemed that it was not man-made.

    Nanzhi guessed that there should be another mouse.

    In the past few days, everyone has taken back the grain in the field one after another, and every household has no shortage of food, and it is no longer the state of having nothing at home. Coupled with the fact that the weather is too hot, things are perishable, and it is only natural that they will attract mice and cockroaches.

    Nan Zhi re-checked the things in the kitchen, and found that the woven bag on the side near the corner had a hole, and all the corn kernels inside fell out, because they were blocked between the wall and the woven bag, so they didn't find it.

    It looks like they have to do the cleaning again, and they have to block the windows and walls of the house anytime and anywhere.

    "The house is pretty clean, why are there rats again?"

    Nanzhi shared masks for the other two to put on, and took a bottle of insecticide in his hand to spray on dead corners.

    "Other people's houses are not as clean as ours. We have so many people upstairs and downstairs. Rats and cockroaches will run away when they grow legs. We will also be affected if they keep these things in their homes, so we can only pay more attention at ordinary times. I will put the corn kernels outside in a closed cabinet, which is not afraid of being stuffed, and sweet potatoes and potatoes will be piled in the space, and try not to put food outside." "It has to be like this." They also have nothing to do with these rats

    and

    cockroaches , can't be eradicated, but can only find ways to prevent it.

    After cleaning the house, someone knocked on the door.

    Nan Zhi wiped the sweat from his forehead, took off the mask and opened the door.

    Outside the door stood a woman with a red armband on her arm, followed by three soldiers in military uniform.

    "Hello, we are people sent by the government to collect grain taxes. Here are our IDs. There are three people in your family?" Nanzhi nodded and looked at their IDs. She couldn't tell whether they were real or not. .

    "You have seen the tax collection notice sent by the government on the mobile phone two days ago, and there is also a notice posted on the posting column downstairs. Don't worry, we are not scammers."

    Because as soon as this notice was sent out, someone pretended to be a government worker to collect Food, deceived many people, but in the end no one was caught. Many people did not trust them, which caused a lot of trouble to the government staff who came to collect grain.

    They now have to explain to every household that they are not liars.

    Lu Xingyun looked down from the window, there were indeed several military vehicles loaded with food parked downstairs, this should be true.

    "According to the grain tax of 50 catties per person, your family has to pay 150 catties of grain."

    Lu Xingyun pushed out a bag of sweet potatoes that had been prepared. After they checked that there was no problem, he gave them a grain The stamped pieces of paper that had been received were carried to the car downstairs.

    The author has something to say:

previous chapter

bookmark

back to directory

next chapter

HomeMy BookshelfReading History

The content of this site is only for free learning and communication, and shall not be used for any commercial purposes

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.5K 1.2K 67
https://m.shubaow.net/253/253141/ Author: Tang Jiajia Category: Rebirth through time Release time: 2022-06-30 Latest: Chapter 67 rebirth finished 190...
67.3K 1.6K 34
重生之炮灰玩末世 Author: Meiwu Zitong Science Fiction Paranormal | Completed It was a surprising and exciting thing for a modern cultivator to travel to the...
3.6M 230K 96
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...
3.7M 158K 62
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...