Cruel Summer • Vampire Diaries

By undeadbelova

♡˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ONGOING, SLOW UPDATES In which a girl with a secret, moves back to her hometown after being gone fo... More

CRUEL SUMMER!
001. lexa and vicki
002. hello, belgium
003. the intervention
004. for them
005. the stellar coven
006. where's my mind?
007. lexa unleashed
008. spill the beans
009. night of the comet
010. lexa has an epiphany
011. friday night bites
012. who let the rat in?
013. family ties
014. lexa, the wing woman
015. sexy suds car wash
016. lost girls
017. runaway baby vampire
018. haunted
019. ethereal
020. lovers that went wrong
021. 162 candles
022. history repeating
023. emily bennett
024. the promise of your future
025. the turning point
026. bloodlines
027. no more lies
028. unpleasantville
029. lexa's protector
030. children of the damned
031. the betrayal
032. fool me once
033. petrova
034. a few good men
035. the bachelor fundraiser
036. jealousy, jealousy
037. there goes the neighbourhood
038. let the right one in
039. dangerous lies
040. grief
041. under control
042. you robbed the hospital!
043. miss mystic falls
044. lovebirds
045. isobel
046. bio mum
047. founder's day
048. the accident
049. sister dearest
050. the return
051. brave new world
052. game on
053. day walker
054. wicked games
055. bad moon rising
056. memory lane
057. complicated
058. kill or be killed
059. eager beaver
060. the moonstone
061. plan b
062. if you're happy, than i'm happy
063. the masquerade ball
064. karma's a bitch
065. go fuck yourself
066. rose
067. we can't all have little daylight rings
068. his sister's keeper
069. i owe you
070. the sacrifice
071. by the light of the moon
072. broken little wolf
073. best friends
074. the descent
075. look after you
076. daddy issues
077. crying wolf
078. life is about more than just surviving
079. a new best friend
080. eternal flame
081. know thy enemy
082. the last dance
083. i am not alaric
084. klaus
085. i promise
086. this is the part where you run
087. the last day
088. the sun also rises
089. misery business
090. right person, wrong time
091. as i lay dying
092. a pancake birthday tradition
093. the one that got away
094. the birthday party
095. connor fucking callahan
096. nobody is innocent
097. the end of the affair
098. disturbing behaviour
099. the reckoning
100. stefan's gone mad
101. smells like teen spirit
102. midnight love
103. strange happenings
104. ghost world
105. time to say goodbye
106. straight to the source
108. feel something
109. backstabbers
110. homecoming
111. gone girl
112. the new deal
cruel summer has been plagiarised...
113. our town
114. love really does make people pathetic

107. champagne problems

444 30 6
By undeadbelova

Lexa kept her eyes focused on the road, as Natasha was trying to set up Google Maps for her descendant.

"This thing isn't working!" Natasha grumbled, shaking the phone as if that was going to help her case.

"Just paste the address I copied from Damon's message." Lexa complained back, not wanting to use her phone while she was driving.

"I don't know how! I fucking hate technology!" The older heretic growled, as she tossed it into the console. "Seriously?" Lexa asked, pulling her car onto the side of the road so that she could use her phone.

"Didn't Damon get you a phone?" Alexia asked, as she pasted the address into Google Maps herself. "Yes, but I didn't figure out how to use it." The Petrova admitted, though it seemed as though she was hiding something.

"Okay, I actually broke it." The tipsy heretic muttered. "Somehow this video of two strangers having sex was in my face! Then I threw it across the room... and it shattered."

Realising what her ancestor was saying, Lexa suddenly burst out laughing. "You were watching porn?" She asked, completely amused.

Natasha's face turned into a confused expression, "I was trying to work out the internet! I didn't want to see people making love right in my face!" She huffed, as Lexa was still laughing hysterically.

Now with navigation, Lexa went back to driving, as she followed the map. "So... you can't understand phones... what other concepts are you struggling with?" The Gilbert asked.

"Um yes, what the fuck is with all of the household appliances?? How do they work? Why do they all make loud noises!!?" The heretic complained, as Lexa laughed in response.

Alexia decided to keep this conversation going, keeping Natasha distracted from thinking about Katya... and it worked. Natasha happily complained about her struggles of adapting to the modern world, and before they knew it they had arrived at the bar.

━━━━━ ⋆⋅♥︎⋅⋆ ━━━━━

Now inside the bar, Lexa and Natasha approached the Salvatore brothers as Stefan was feeding from the bartender's wrist.

Smelling the blood, veins popped out from underneath Lexa's eyes, as she suddenly felt her instincts kick in... ones that she was still struggling to control.

"Are you okay?" Natasha asked her descendant, Alexia closed her eyes and tried to focus on slowing her breathing. By distracting herself, her eyes went back to their usual state. "I'm fine." The younger heretic declared.

"What's the catch, Damon?" Stefan could be heard asking Damon. Before Damon could answer, Lexa grinned. "The catch is that you have the spend the day with your best friend."

The younger Salvatore turned around, surprised to see his girlfriends sister and her doppelgänger standing there.

"Oh great, did Elena send you to spy on me or something? Or was this Brooke's doing?" Stefan asked the pair.

"We're just here for a drink." Lexa declared, as Natasha looked at the bottle of whiskey they'd just purchased. She reached out to grab it, and pour herself a glass as Stefan eyed her. "I just said goodbye to my child, I need this." The Petrova spoke sternly.

Lexa then sat beside Stefan, as Natasha sat beside Damon. The raven haired boy looked to his brother, "You been on this bunny diet for a better part of 50 years. So, how is it that Saint Stefan, of all people, is good at a drinking game?" He asked genuinely.

Stefan shrugged nonchalantly, Oh, the bunny diet gave me a lot of time to practice." He replied to Damon.

"Hmm..."

Stefan trailed off, Wallow in despair. Drown in guilt. Regret my existence. It's precision born out of tragic boredom. Drink up, brother!"

"Hey, I'll drink to that." Natasha declared, before she took a gulp of her drink, being straight whiskey.

"All that effort wasted trying to tell you how boring you are, and now you finally agree with me?" Damon asked Stefan, as Lexa frowned. "Stef isn't boring." She declared, as he was definitely her favourite of the brothers, even if he wasn't himself.

"Damon, you are worse than Elena. Getting me drunk, brotherly bonding - what do you think, I'll break down and you can pull me back from the edge, is that it?"

"I happen to like the edge, Stefan! Your problem is your inability to resist falling over it. All or nothing, man. You can't just be." Damon responded, as Stefan looked between Lexa and Natasha.

"And what's with this sisterly bonding?" He asked genuinely before he looked to Natasha. "Are you forgetting who helped keep your daughter on the other side?"

Natasha looked at Stefan with a confused expression before realisation hit her. Lexa did the spell with Bonnie.

Lexa's eyes widened in panic, before she met eyes with her ancestor. "Tell me that he is lying." Natasha demanded, keeping her eyes on Lexa. "Tell me that you did not send my daughter away, and then spend this entire day trying to make me feel better about it?!" The Petrova snapped, getting to her feet.

"Woah, Tash lower your voice a little." Damon said, standing in front of his best friend. Natasha looked over at Lexa, who couldn't find the words to explain how guilty she was feeling. Tears filled her eyes as she looked at the Petrova.

"My daughter is gone, Damon. My sweet girl... my absolute world... and Alexia helped close the wall to the other side so I can't get her back." The heretic seethed, as tears ran down her face.

Natasha stepped around Damon to approach Lexa. "Tasha, words can't even begin to explain how—"

"I have been trying for decades to use my magic to bring back Katya. I have nearly killed myself trying." Natasha snapped at the Gilbert, "And you knew how much she meant to me, but you still did the spell regardless." Her voice broke, as she wanted to burst into tears.

"I don't even want to look at you." The Petrova decided, as she turned to leave the bar. "Nat— No, please wait!" Lexa called out, as she rushed out the door after the girl.

Damon sighed heavily before he looked to Stefan, who had a proud grin on his face. "Look at what you've done..." The older Salvatore grumbled.

━━━━━ ⋆⋅♥︎⋅⋆ ━━━━━

Fuelled with rage, Natasha let out her anger on any surrounding objects in the back carpark.

Some piles of newspaper and other surrounding debris set on fire, whilst the girl telekinetically threw a dumpster across the parking lot, crushing a vehicle.

Hot tears ran down her face, as she looked like she wanted to scream. She wanted to feed... and to kill... and just completely let lose.

"Tash— Please, let me explain!"

Natasha spun around, her eyes landing on her descendant. She exhaled angrily, but didn't say anything.

"The tomb vampires were going to kill the Founding families in a matter of minutes... I wanted to hold off so you could bring back Katya,  but I couldn't let the residents die." Alexia tried to explain, though Natasha's composure remained stiff and rigid.

"Please, say something." Lexa begged, though Natasha's posture slumped slightly before she sighed. "I have no more words for you. Right now, I can't even look at you." The older heretic decided before she disappeared in a blur, leaving Lexa alone with her thoughts.

Alexia felt her chest heave up and down for a moment, as tears rolled down her cheeks. Thinking about the pain she'd caused her ancestor, on top of trying to adapt to having heightened emotions, overwhelmed her.

The Gilbert clenched her eyes shut and cried out in pain, as the debris that Natasha had alight on fire now burst into large, dangerous flames.

Lexa tried to steady her breathing, and to control her magic and put out the fire she'd made. Keeping her eyes closed, she focused on her lungs as he inhaled and exhaled deeply.

She began to feel calmer, though she didn't hate herself any less.

The heretic stood by herself for several more moments to compose herself and look as though she hadn't burst into tears. She didn't want to approach the Salvatore brothers in such a state, and distract them from the task at hand.

When Lexa reentered the bar, she hadn't expected for Mikael Mikealson to be standing there with his hand jammed in Damon's chest, clenching his heart.

"Careful, Stefan. One move - and his heart's gone." Mikeal spoke as Alexia's eyes widened. "Now, where is Klaus? What's the trick question, Stefan? One twist and he's dead. Unless you don't care of course."

"That's the thing, he doesn't. He has no humanity right now." Lexa piped up, catching Mikeal's attention. His eyes didn't look kind, infact he looked awfully intimidating.

"You must be the doppelgänger." He spoke, his hand still shoved inside Damon's chest. "One of." Lexa responded, since there were 4 Petrova doppelgängers currently alive.

Mikael turned back to Damon, "His link to Klaus is so strong that he will let his own brother die?" He asked before looking to Stefan who still remained stoic. "No ideas, hmm? Think, Stefan! I guess you're right. He's a dead end. And so are you, Damon."

"No!" Lexa called out, as various glasses around the bar shattered from her magic. Mikeal looked to the girl in astonishment. "I hate Damon at the best of times, but this is so cruel!"

Mikeal kept eye contact with Lexa, as he was prepared to rip Damon's heart out of his chest.

"Wait! I can bring him back. I can lure Klaus back to Mystic Falls." Stefan suddenly blurted, as the Mikealson turned to him.

Mikael took his hand out of Damon's chest and wiped it off with a rag he took from the counter. "And there is our loophole. Just had to rile him up a bit. Get Klaus back to Mystic Falls, and I will gladly drive a stake through his heart. Fail, I'll drive it through yours." The Mikealson demanded.

Lexa let out a sigh of relief, as Damon painfully looked to her, as his wound was healing. "I knew you cared about me." He grinned as the heretic let out a laughter from complete nervousness. "Hardly." She finally had replied.

Meanwhile Stefan glanced between his brother and best friend, realising that they may have gotten closer in his absence.

"Where's Tasha?" Damon then asked, as Lexa's shoulders slumped. "I don't know. She disappeared." She confessed, as she began to feel bile rise up in her throat.

"I guess she didn't see that coming..." Stefan stated nonchalantly, as Lexa's eyes trailed over to him. The heretic had done so well to compose herself, but looking at Stefan who had a smug smile, made her blood boil.

"Man, fuck you!" Lexa snapped, as Stefan had been the one to drop the bomb on the Petrova. Stefan raised an eyebrow, "Are you offering?" He asked, jokingly.

That was it.

Alexia was feral.

Damon could have sworn he could see the shift in her eyes, as she glared through Stefan. Lexa growled, as she suddenly threw out her arms, telekinetically throwing Stefan across the bar.

Gasp were heard from customers, causing Damon to sigh to himself as he knew he'd have to do some compelling.

The younger Salvatore's body slammed into a large rack of wine, causing the bottles to shatter against the wall. As the vampire fell to the floor, glass and wine was everywhere.

Lexa looked at Stefan, who was still seeming to process what had just happened. Taking a couple of shaky breaths, Alexia turned to Damon before she grumbled "I'm going home."

With that, she left. Damon just stared at the empty place that the heretic had once been stand in, as he realised just how unhinged and violent this new Lexa was. It was already a struggle to adapt to being a vampire... to deal with all of the new impulses and heightened emotions... not to mention the bloodlust. Add some chaotic magic, addiction problems and a lot of repressed trauma.... And was Lexa Gilbert.

━━━━━ ♥︎ ━━━━━

AUTHORS NOTE

I can't put into words how excited I've been to write this version of Lexa. Season 3 is Lexa's unhinged era 💥

She's in a lot of pain, she's made mistakes and she has had enough... sometimes you just gotta go ape shit 🤪

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.2K 676 14
In a parallel world, Elena realized sooner than she thought that she loved Damon and no one else. With Stefan long forgotten, will she fight for her...
28.8K 1.2K 26
Awakening in TVD Rose finds herself living in Rose's place... confused? Yeah, that was putting it mildly. OC x Damon Salvatore fanfiction that starts...
58.9K 2.5K 31
It's the summer before senior year for Caroline Forbes. More importantly, it's been one month of dating the guy of her dreams, Klaus Mikaelson. Every...
87.6K 2.9K 14
"𝑰𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌, 𝒈𝒐𝒕𝒕𝒂 𝒍𝒆𝒕 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒆" Caroline Elizabeth Marie Forbes was a girl who loved perfection. Being th...