Cruel Summer • Vampire Diaries

By undeadbelova

♡˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ONGOING, SLOW UPDATES In which a girl with a secret, moves back to her hometown after being gone fo... More

CRUEL SUMMER!
001. lexa and vicki
003. the intervention
004. for them
005. the stellar coven
006. where's my mind?
007. lexa unleashed
008. spill the beans
009. night of the comet
010. lexa has an epiphany
011. friday night bites
012. who let the rat in?
013. family ties
014. lexa, the wing woman
015. sexy suds car wash
016. lost girls
017. runaway baby vampire
018. haunted
019. ethereal
020. lovers that went wrong
021. 162 candles
022. history repeating
023. emily bennett
024. the promise of your future
025. the turning point
026. bloodlines
027. no more lies
028. unpleasantville
029. lexa's protector
030. children of the damned
031. the betrayal
032. fool me once
033. petrova
034. a few good men
035. the bachelor fundraiser
036. jealousy, jealousy
037. there goes the neighbourhood
038. let the right one in
039. dangerous lies
040. grief
041. under control
042. you robbed the hospital!
043. miss mystic falls
044. lovebirds
045. isobel
046. bio mum
047. founder's day
048. the accident
049. sister dearest
050. the return
051. brave new world
052. game on
053. day walker
054. wicked games
055. bad moon rising
056. memory lane
057. complicated
058. kill or be killed
059. eager beaver
060. the moonstone
061. plan b
062. if you're happy, than i'm happy
063. the masquerade ball
064. karma's a bitch
065. go fuck yourself
066. rose
067. we can't all have little daylight rings
068. his sister's keeper
069. i owe you
070. the sacrifice
071. by the light of the moon
072. broken little wolf
073. best friends
074. the descent
075. look after you
076. daddy issues
077. crying wolf
078. life is about more than just surviving
079. a new best friend
080. eternal flame
081. know thy enemy
082. the last dance
083. i am not alaric
084. klaus
085. i promise
086. this is the part where you run
087. the last day
088. the sun also rises
089. misery business
090. right person, wrong time
091. as i lay dying
092. a pancake birthday tradition
093. the one that got away
094. the birthday party
095. connor fucking callahan
096. nobody is innocent
097. the end of the affair
098. disturbing behaviour
099. the reckoning
100. stefan's gone mad
101. smells like teen spirit
102. midnight love
103. strange happenings
104. ghost world
105. time to say goodbye
106. straight to the source
107. champagne problems
108. feel something
109. backstabbers
110. homecoming
111. gone girl
112. the new deal
cruel summer has been plagiarised...
113. our town
114. love really does make people pathetic

002. hello, belgium

3.5K 173 38
By undeadbelova

Belgium was nothing like Lexa had ever imagined. Of course, when you spent your whole life in Virginia, you didn't really know what to expect when visiting the outside world.

It was all thanks to Isabella Perkins and Bonnie Bennett, that the Gilbert was even able to attend this prestigious witch-only school.

The second person Lexa confided in about her unusual ability, was her best friend slash sister, Bonnie. Bonnie had always seemed quite spiritual, making Lexa think she would understand her situation.. not to mention Bonnie always talked about her Grams, who had the ability to do magic. The Bennett was also starting to think she was psychic, and Lexa was the first person she'd told.

Now, with their help, she was here in Belgium.

"Your jaw is basically on the floor."

Lexa spun around, her eyes landing on Bella. The pair had just gotten off of the plane, and hadn't even left the airport yet.

"I haven't really spent much time out of Mystic Falls." Lexa confessed, wheeling her suitcase along with her.

The pair came to a halt, as they found a tall, blonde haired girl holding a cardboard sign up. It had the school's name written in sharpie, and it was very neat writing.

"This way." Bella said, leading Lexa over to the blonde. Lexa looked at the tall girl, noticing how her locks on blonde hair shone in the light.

"Excuse me, we're the new students." Bella said, as the blonde looked up. "Oh sweet, that means we can get out of here." She declared. "I'm Bronwyn." The taller girl said.

"I'm Isabella, this is Alexia." The purple haired girl said, before motioning to Lexa. Lexa just gave Bronwyn a wave. "Hey."

And that was Lexa's first interaction with Bronwyn Wilson, the school's rich girl. What they'd soon learn is that Bronwyn's parents sponsor the school, and are the reason it's still standing.

Bronwyn lead Lexa and Bella down some stairs, towards the exit. The two shorter girls had a look of surprise, as the reached the road and watched a limousine pull over.

"This is our ride." Bron said to the other witches, as they were still surprised. "Woaaah." Lexa blurted.

Once in the back of the limousine, Bron dumped a heap of bags that the witches didn't really notice she was carrying.

"I was coming into Brussels to have a shopping day." Bronwyn explained, noticing the pair eyeing her bags. "It's because I was coming out to the city that I was asked to come and collect you two. I'm not usually an errand bitch."

Bella laughed awkwardly, but Lexa was off in her own world. The brunette was looking out the window, taking in all of the new sights as they drove. She seemed so amazed by everything, and for the first time in so long, she didn't feel the craving of weed, or pills or even Vicki. She was just living in the moment, something she hadn't done in a long time.

The limousine came to a halt, as they'd reached the school. Isabella and Lexa scuttled out of the vehicle, eager to see the place they'd be staying at.

They saw a golden gate, behind it was fields of luscious green grass, with a silver stone building. Vines partially covered part of it.

"Can you have my bags sent to my room?" Bron asked the driver, who was one of her servants. "Of course Ms Wilson." He responded. "I'll have these suitcases delivered to the girls rooms too." He added. Bronwyn gave him a smile, "Thank you."

She then turned on her heels and faced Lexa and Bella, who were looking in awe at the school. "Welcome to your new home." Bronwyn hummed, before she took a large key from her pocket to open the golden gate.

Once it was locked behind them, Bronwyn lead the witch duo to the front of the school, as her heels clicked loudly on the ground.

They reached the entrance, and followed the Wilson as she lead them to the main corridor, where they met a girl of average height, with long raven hair.

"Okay, my job is done. This is Carmen, your tour guide." Bronwyn said, motioning to the ravenette who stood before them. Carmen Anderson was one of the most intelligent people that Lexa would ever meet.

"Hey, you must be Isabella and Alexia." Carmen said, with a smile. Lexa nodded, "Just call me Lexa." She decided, offering out her hand. Carmen was beautiful. Carmen clearly thought that Lexa was beautiful too as she blushed slightly, as they shook hands.

"Alright, let's start the tour. Follow me." Carmen said, spinning around as Lexa and Bella followed her.

━━━━━ ⋆⋅♥︎⋅⋆ ━━━━━

"Everybody gets along here for the most part... though you certainly have your cliques." Carmen explained, as she lead the brunette and purple haired girls down a corridor. "We have our jocks, our nerds, our goths and well, our rich bitches whom you'd just met one of." Carmen said, referring to Bronwyn.

Lexa looked around as they wandered through the corridors, watched as some students were performing magic in front of their classmates.

"And this... feels normal to you?" Lexa asked Carmen, who nodded. "Yeah.. I've been at this school for most of my life." She admitted. "And I come from a family of witches so seeing spells being performed is pretty normal to me."

"Ooh, who are these beauties?" A unfamiliar, sly and intrigued voice with a strong Mexican accent, piped. The trio turned around to see the girl they'd soon learn had no concept of personal space, Giorgia Garcia, who was also a flirt.

"Wow! Even more beautiful from the front!" Giorgia admitted to Lexa, with a beaming smile. Giorgia was absolutely gorgeous, there was no doubt about it.

"Wow, says you hot stuff. I'm Lexa." Lexa introduced herself, holding out her hand for a handshake. "I'm Giorgia, but you can call me Gigi. I'm more of a hugger, can I hug you?" She asked.

Lexa was a hugger too, but she appreciated being asked first. She gave a nod, before Giorgia stepped forward and threw her arms around Lexa. The Gilbert hugged back, as the pair giggled.

Once they broke apart, Giorgia went to introduce herself to Bella. She asked for a hug, but the Perkins rejected the offer. Giorgia respected that, before she turned back to Lexa. "Hey, I think you are my new roommate!" She admitted, as Lexa blinked in surprise, "Wait, really?" She asked.

Gigi gave an eager nod, thrilled to be sharing a room with the new student. "Oh awesome!" Lexa smiled, feeling like herself and Gigi were going to become good friends.

"Well, I have to go to detention. Some guy was trying to look up my skirt so I telekinetically shoved a pencil up his ass." Giorgia explained, "Apparently that's a violent reaction to being sexually harassed but I don't really think so." The Garcia rambled on. "Anyway, bye Lexa! Bye Isabella!" She waved.

The brunette then took a look at Carmen, who'd been awfully quiet since Gigi approached them. "Bye Carmen." The Garcia gave her a wink, before she turned on her heels and strutted away.

"She's... interesting." Bella stated, before Carmen turned to face them, her cheeks red. "Isn't she beautiful?" Carmen asked. "I wish I didn't get so nervous when she was around." The Anderson mumbled, embarrassedly.

"Wait— you have a crush on Gigi?" Lexa asked, as Carmen reluctantly nodded, her cheeks reddening more. "Well, my first order of business at this school is to set you guys up." She decided proudly.

Carmen shook her head, growing flustered. "No no.. I could never. I don't think I'd ever have the courage to properly talk to someone as beautiful as her." She confessed.

"I think your first order of business should be getting food. I don't know about you, but I'm starving." Bella admitted, as Carmen and Lexa laughed.

"Fuck yeah I'm hungry." The Gilbert declared.

━━━━━ ⋆⋅♥︎⋅⋆ ━━━━━

It hadn't taken Lexa long to settle in. A few days had passed and she'd already made herself comfortable.

Currently she sat on her bed, a lit joint in her hand, though she kept the window open so she wouldn't smell out her shared dorm room with Giorgia.

Her phone rang, causing the girl to nearly drop her joint. She scowled, before looking down to realise that her best friend Caroline Forbes was calling her.

The Gilbert took one last puff of her joint, before she placed the phone to her ear. "Hello my favourite blonde bombshell." Lexa greeted, sounding flirtatious.

"Are you high?" Caroline asked, recognising the difference in her tone of voice. "Nope." Lexa lied, popping the "P" in the word. "Anyway, how are you?"

"I'm good I uh.... Look Lexa I really wanna catch up but I just saw something terrible and the first thing I wanted to do was tell you." Caroline explained, as Lexa raised an eyebrow. "Okay, what is it?" She asked, noticing the urgency in her voice.

"I... just saw Vicki with her tongue down Tyler's throat." Caroline admitted, "And they saw me but Vicki must have assumed I didn't know that you two are together." She added.

Lexa's breath hitched in her throat, "Are you sure it was her?" She asked, as Caroline sounded guilty. "It was definitely her... I spoke to Bonnie and Elena about it and they said they've caught the pair flirting in the hallways but didn't think much of it."

"Wow." Lexa said, "My girlfriend is cheating on me." She managed to say, her voice cracking. "Lexa, I'm so sorry." Caroline sighed. "You know... I always had a bad feeling about her." The blonde then huffed.

"Oh great, is this the part where you say I told you so? Because I do not want to hear it." Lexa grumbled, as a tear rushed down her cheek now. "No— I. I mean... Yes but no? Lexa I—"

"Goodbye, Caroline." Lexa replied, before she ended the call. The phone fell onto the bed, as Lexa crumbled onto it and cried.

Was what Vicki Donovan and Lexa Gilbert had, love? They weren't sure, maybe it was the company and the high they enjoyed... but nevertheless, Vicki's actions had left Lexa heartbroken.

She had been so busy crying into her pillow, that she hadn't heard the door to her dorm room open. A surprised Giorgia stood in the doorway, and quickly the brunette closed it behind her.

"Lexa? Darling? What is the matter?" Giorgia asked, her voice filled with concern as Lexa sat up, embarrassed that she hadn't realised her roommate walked in.

"It's my girlfriend... My best friend thinks she caught her cheating on me." Lexa managed to say, as she wiped a tear from under her eye. "Oh. Oh my gosh, I am so sorry." Gigi admitted, her face falling.

The Garcia girl took a seat beside Lexa, and opened her arms, unsure of whether the Gilbert wanted to be touched right now. Lexa scooted forward, placing her arms around Gigi as she let the tears fall.

Giorgia held the siphon witch in her arms, letting her cry. The witch didn't complain once, and didn't plan to let go of Lexa until the Gilbert let go first. Of course, Gigi didn't know just how much she needed this hug.

━━━━━ ⋆⋅♥︎⋅⋆ ━━━━━

After an angry and emotional phone call with Vicki, Lexa wanted to sob, again. They were done, Lexa broke up with Vicki after the Donovan confessed and the Gilbert didn't plan on seeing the Donovan again.

Alexia didn't want to go back to her dorm, not wanting to cry in front of Giorgia again, so she found herself in the bathroom. It sounded empty and quiet, so she took a seat beside the sink and just let herself cry.

To Lexa's dismay, a cubicle opened and Bronwyn stepped out of it, a Gucci bag slung over her shoulder. Lexa's teary eyes met Bronwyn's, as she exited the cubicle to wash her hands.

"Hey.. are you alright?" Bronwyn asked, raising an eyebrow as she looked at the miserable siphon witch.

Lexa shook her head, "No... I am not okay." She began, as if it had been obvious, "But I don't want to talk about it." The Gilbert decided, as for the first time since she'd left Mystic Falls, she wanted to be high.

She wanted to take something, so for even just a moment, her feeling of heartbreak would be replaced by... euphoria.

It was almost as if Bronwyn could read her mind. The blonde looked around, before she glanced back at the heartbroken girl. "Do you want to do cocaine with me?" She asked.

Bronwyn wasn't an addict. She liked dabbling in substances from time to time, but she knew how to stop. What she wasn't aware of, is that Lexa wouldn't know how to stop, and it had shown from when she'd taken pills with Vicki.

Lexa blinked in surprise, as she lifted a hand to wipe her tears. She'd never done cocaine, and the idea of it had never crossed her mind, but in this moment she truly just wanted to be high.

The Gilbert nodded. "Yeah. I'd like that." She decided. What she didn't know, is that this was going to ruin her.

Drugs were going to fucking ruin Lexa Gilbert.

━━━━━ ⋆⋅♥︎⋅⋆ ━━━━━

AUTHOR'S NOTE

This chapter we meet the intelligent Carmen, the affectionate Gigi, the rich girl Bronwyn and learn more about the introverted Bella.

Out of those 4 new characters, who do you guys favour? Personally, I adore Gigi with all of my heart.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

87.6K 2.9K 14
"𝑰𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌, 𝒈𝒐𝒕𝒕𝒂 𝒍𝒆𝒕 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒆" Caroline Elizabeth Marie Forbes was a girl who loved perfection. Being th...
107K 3.5K 21
It's an oc x oc story. The two characters are already in a relationship at the beginning of the story. It's a grumpy/sunshine relationship except the...
143K 4.2K 18
[ edited! and finished! ] In this thrilling first book of the series, Caroline Forbes thinks that everything can go back to normal. With her boyfrien...
32K 721 19
in which Oaklyn Gilbert starts to feel alive again, all because of a certain vampire. Damon Salvatore x OC TVD Season1-?