Cruel Summer • Vampire Diaries

By undeadbelova

♡˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ONGOING, SLOW UPDATES In which a girl with a secret, moves back to her hometown after being gone fo... More

CRUEL SUMMER!
001. lexa and vicki
002. hello, belgium
003. the intervention
004. for them
005. the stellar coven
006. where's my mind?
007. lexa unleashed
008. spill the beans
009. night of the comet
010. lexa has an epiphany
011. friday night bites
012. who let the rat in?
013. family ties
014. lexa, the wing woman
015. sexy suds car wash
016. lost girls
017. runaway baby vampire
018. haunted
019. ethereal
020. lovers that went wrong
021. 162 candles
022. history repeating
023. emily bennett
024. the promise of your future
025. the turning point
026. bloodlines
027. no more lies
028. unpleasantville
029. lexa's protector
030. children of the damned
031. the betrayal
032. fool me once
033. petrova
034. a few good men
035. the bachelor fundraiser
036. jealousy, jealousy
037. there goes the neighbourhood
038. let the right one in
039. dangerous lies
040. grief
041. under control
042. you robbed the hospital!
043. miss mystic falls
044. lovebirds
045. isobel
046. bio mum
047. founder's day
048. the accident
049. sister dearest
050. the return
051. brave new world
052. game on
053. day walker
054. wicked games
055. bad moon rising
056. memory lane
057. complicated
058. kill or be killed
059. eager beaver
060. the moonstone
061. plan b
062. if you're happy, than i'm happy
063. the masquerade ball
064. karma's a bitch
065. go fuck yourself
066. rose
067. we can't all have little daylight rings
068. his sister's keeper
069. i owe you
070. the sacrifice
071. by the light of the moon
072. broken little wolf
073. best friends
074. the descent
075. look after you
076. daddy issues
077. crying wolf
078. life is about more than just surviving
079. a new best friend
080. eternal flame
081. know thy enemy
082. the last dance
083. i am not alaric
084. klaus
085. i promise
086. this is the part where you run
087. the last day
088. the sun also rises
089. misery business
090. right person, wrong time
092. a pancake birthday tradition
093. the one that got away
094. the birthday party
095. connor fucking callahan
096. nobody is innocent
097. the end of the affair
098. disturbing behaviour
099. the reckoning
100. stefan's gone mad
101. smells like teen spirit
102. midnight love
103. strange happenings
104. ghost world
105. time to say goodbye
106. straight to the source
107. champagne problems
108. feel something
109. backstabbers
110. homecoming
111. gone girl
112. the new deal
cruel summer has been plagiarised...
113. our town
114. love really does make people pathetic

091. as i lay dying

1.9K 84 84
By undeadbelova

"You're not doing this!" Stefan argued at his brother, who huffed, "Just did. You know what happened to Rose, Stefan." Damon had been bitten by a werewolf, and it was only a matter of time now, until he was dead. "This is ridiculous." Brooke huffed. Though she hated Damon, she didn't want him to die.

The older Salvatore then sunk onto the couch, beside Natasha's corpse that he had laid there, as he couldn't bring himself to bury her yet. "It's okay... I'll be with you soon." Damon hummed as Brooklyn rolled her eyes in annoyance before her younger brother took the words right out of her mouth by saying, "You're not dying today!"

"What's the plan, Superman?" Damon asked, before taking a swig of whiskey from the bottle he'd been carrying around with him. "I'm gonna find a way out of this." Stefan responded before Damon scoffed, "Oh, right. A miracle cure. Good luck with that one."

Suddenly, Stefan's eyes widened, seeming fixated on Natasha's dead body. "What? What are you staring at?" Damon ordered, before he turned his head and faced his dead best friend. Brooke's eyes followed, before they widened.

The greyness in her face was beginning to fade, changing back to her usual pale complexion. Damon and Brooklyn just stared, wondering what the hell was happening.

Suddenly, the heretic's eyes snapped open, and she sucked in a sharp breath. "Tasha?!" Damon asked, before the Petrova sat up, catching her breath.

"Natasha?!" Brooke blurted, her shocked expression turning into a relieved smile.

Damon began to tear up, as he couldn't believe what he was seeing. Natasha glanced down at her hands as she wiggled her fingers, "It worked." She said, in amazement.

The Petrova glanced up at Damon, with a bright smile filled with amazement, before the Salvatore rushed forward and threw his arms around her. Natasha giggled, before she hugged Damon back, tightly.

"What.. how is this possible?" Stefan asked, still in total shock. Natasha, still holding Damon, glanced up at Stefan and Brooklyn. "I used a resurrection spell... but I wasn't sure that it would actually work." She admitted.

"Thank fuck it did.." Damon blurted, pulling away from the Petrova now, as she smiled at him. "See... miracles can happen." Stefan stated, catching their attention. "Damon has a werewolf bite." He said, as Natasha's face dropped.

"Are you serious?!" She asked, with worry. "I'm going to find some miracle cure, until then make sure Damon doesn't do anything stupid." Stefan ordered as the Petrova kept her eyes on Damon. "Got it."

━━━━━ ♥︎ ━━━━━

Isaiah and Elijah approached Klaus, who was laying in the woods naked. Isaiah scrunched his face up in disgust, as Elijah threw some clothes at his older brother.

"You've been busy." Elijah began, as Klaus woke up, and began to change. "That was amazing. How long has it been?" He asked. "Almost 2 days. Full moon came and went. You remained a wolf." Isaiah explained.

"I can change at will, then. It's good to know. I remember every single kill." Klaus added before Elijah replied, "Yes, I've been cleaning up your little mess along the way." Isaiah sighed, "And I've been telling our noble brother not to even bother." He added. Klaus just grinned, "Just like old times, brother."

"You've had your fun. I believe we have a bargain." Elijah reminded him as Klaus thought about it, "That's right. Now, what was it again?" Isaiah frowned at this. "Oh, yeah. Wait. I remember. That's it. You wish to be reunited with our family." Klaus added.

"You said that a promise is a promise." Isaiah reminded the hybrid, with a stern look. "What kind of brother would break his bond?" Klaus asked, before he looked to Elijah. "Even though you did try to kill me."

"I could have. But I didn't."

"And now no one can, not even you. Relax, Elijah. All is forgiven." Klaus declared, before Isaiah took a step forward, growing impatient with the hybrid. "Where are they, Klaus?" He asked, forcefully. Klaus scoffed, "You need to lighten up. I'll bring you to them soon enough."

━━━━━ ♥︎ ━━━━━

Lexa, Elena, Jeremy, Giorgia and Carmen walked through the town square, passing a banner that read "Movie in the Square Presents: Gone With the Wind."

Lexa seemed uneasy, being around this many people so soon, but Caroline and Stefan had been helping her, trying to teach her how to control herself. It had been difficult, and the Gilbert still had a long road ahead of her, but so far she was doing pretty well.

"You brought me to see a girl movie." Jeremy groaned, causing Lexa to laugh. "We had to get out of the house, Jer. This is our three-hour distraction from reality." Elena reminded him, before looking to Lexa. "Lexa doesn't seem to mind." Jeremy frowned, "Lexa doesn't feel the warmth of the sun anymore.. she isn't sweating like we are." He grumbled as Lexa eyed her brother with a smirk.

"And... Is that what we're doing? Pretending like our lives aren't screwed?" The younger boy asked. "We need to do this, okay? Breathe, eat, sleep, wake up, and do it all over again until one day, it's just not as hard anymore." Elena declared, unfolding a blanket and placing it on the ground.

Lexa watched her siblings, realising now that her time with her siblings was going to be limited, now that she was immortal and they were set to die one day. The thought of losing them one day, it broke her.

Caroline finally arrived with a couple of baskets filled with snacks. She placed them in the middle of the blanket, before she walked over to Lexa, breaking her out of her trance.

"Hey, you okay?" Caroline asked, as Lexa suddenly came back to reality and nodded. "Yeah, yeah I'm alright." The Gilbert insisted with a weak smile.

"You must be the famous Caroline." Giorgia spoke up, making her way to the Forbes. Carmen giggled at her girlfriend's enthusiasm, as Caroline looked between the girls.

"Oh— You two are Lexa's witchy friends." Caroline said with a smile, though she couldn't recall their names. "I'm Giorgia, call me Gigi." The brunette said before stepping forward to hug Caroline. Caroline seemed surprised but hugged the Garcia back.

"She's a hugger." Carmen laughed, after Giorgia and Caroline broke apart. "But I.. am not. I'm Carmen." The Anderson smiled. Caroline nodded, respectful of her boundaries before she noticed the purple necklace around her neck, as well as Giorgia's.

"Oh! You're the really smart friend, who made those witchy necklaces." Caroline noticed as Carmen blushed, embarrassedly by the praise. "Yeah, that'd be me."

"Are we really doing this?" Jeremy groaned, catching everyone's attention as Caroline nodded, "Yes, we are really doing this. We are going to take a page from Scarlett. We made it through the war."

Caroline then continued on, "I know you guys went through hell, and my mom knows I am a vampire, so basically it's like Atlanta has burned. And yet, in spite of everything, we persevere." As she was rummaging through one of the baskets, before she took a photo frame from it, revealing a picture of Sienna.

Lexa smiled at it sadly, as Caroline placed the picture beside the baskets. "I wish she was here with us." Lexa sighed, as Caroline gently squeezed her hand. "Me too... I miss her so much."

Giorgia and Carmen glanced at the frame, as Giorgia could remember how highly Lexa spoke of Sienna. "She's beautiful." The Garcia said, offering Lexa and Caroline a weak smile.

"Has anybody spoken to Tyler?" Elena then asked. The trio shook their heads. "I tried calling him but he hasn't returned any of my calls." Caroline admitted. "I hope he's doing okay.." Elena sighed.

"So. What are we eating?" Jeremy asked, wanting to lighten the mood. Caroline smiled, "Something good."

━━━━━ ♥︎ ━━━━━

Bonnie joined the group, as they were now watching Gone with the wind, on a large outdoor projector screen. Stefan had called Elena, regarding something that she didn't tell the others about. The girl had left the movie, and nobody knew why.

"All this waiting around for news is ruining Scarlett for me." Caroline spoke quietly, as Lexa laughed. "Patience is key, Care." She replied, as the blonde frowned. "Coming from the girl who burns her mouth on fresh coffee because she is too impatient to wait for it to cool down." She replied as Lexa pretended to be offended by that statement.

Giorgia and Carmen couldn't help but to laugh at this statement, knowing just as well that Lexa was coffee crazed. Caroline shot them an approving smile before she looked to Lexa, "I like these girls." She decided as Lexa rolled her eyes playfully, knowing there was going to be so much banter now.

Jeremy's phone rang and he stepped away from the group to talk. Once he returned, he explained to the group. "Damon has been bitten by a werewolf and is hallucinating. He's escaped into the town." Everyone got to their feet, worriedly now. "Ah fuck." Lexa blurted, realising how dangerous this was.

Lexa looked to Jeremy. "Jer, If Damon is off the rails, there is nothing you can do to stop him. Let us take care of it." She insisted but the boy shook his head. "You keep doing this. You guys left me behind before, and guess what Jenna still died. Now I'm going to find my other sister. You go ahead and you try to stop me."

━━━━━ ♥︎ ━━━━━

Now split up and searching for Damon, Lexa kept a close eye on her brother as they walked. "You don't have to be so worried, Lexa." The boy huffed. "I am worried. You're mortal and mortal's die very easily." Lexa huffed back.

Jeremy deadpanned his older sister, "I'm sorry.. how long have you been immortal for?" He asked as Lexa laughed awkwardly, "That's irrelevant."

"Lexa? Jeremy?"

The pair spun around, as Lexa froze in shock, as Natasha stood before her. The younger heretic's eyes glistened with tears, before she rushed forward and hugged her ancestor tightly. Natasha was taken back by force, before she hugged her descendant back. "You're alive.." Lexa managed to say, completely surprised and relieved. Natasha smiled, "I sure am."

The pair separated, though Natasha still kept the girl loosely in her arms. "I'm looking for Damon... he is hallucinating and has escaped..." She trailed off for a moment, coming to a realisation. "Why can't I hear your heartbeat?" She asked. Lexa opened her mouth to explain, but didn't need to, as Natasha could see her new fangs.

"Oh my god.. you did not.." Natasha blurted, realising that Lexa must have taken her place in the ritual once she had been killed. Lexa nodded sadly, "I did." She admitted, still struggling to come to terms with it.

"Uh guys!" Jeremy spoke up, as Lexa and Natasha pulled away from eachother and walked over to the Gilbert, who was pointing at something. They looked where he was pointing, finding Damon staggering and coughing as he walked through the square.

The trio were quick on their feet, approaching him. "Damon!" Lexa called out, as he looked at the trio confusedly. "Katherine? Natasha?" He asked.

"That's Lexa, Katherine isn't here." Natasha reminded him, before his eyes widened. "Where's Elena? I need to see Elena now." He managed to say. "Okay. Let's get you out of here first, all right?" Jeremy suggested as Damon stumbled and puts his arms around Lexa and Natasha's shoulders. They helped him up, as they begin walking away.

━━━━━ ♥︎ ━━━━━

Natasha and Damon sat in a booth, as Lexa was at the bar, getting coffee for their table. Jeremy stood nearby the booth, speaking on the phone to Alaric. "Hey, it's me. I'm with Damon at The Grill."

Lexa heard a noise and turned around, noticing Sheriff Forbes pointing a gun at Damon. "Damon! Move!" She called out. Natasha took a quick moment to turn her head, noticing Sheriff Forbes. Quickly, she shoved Damon behind the booth chair, hiding also.

Suddenly, as Liz fired a bullet, it missed the vampires and hit Jeremy, square in the chest. Lexa's jaw dropped, as she felt like time slowed as the younger Gilbert fell to his knees.

"Jeremy!!" She screamed out, rushing towards her younger brother. Without realising, she'd finally used vampire speed. The heretic held her brother in her arms. "Jer... I can help you okay, don't panic." Lexa spoke to her brother, as he coughed weakly.

"Oh my god." Giorgia blurted, covering her mouth in shock. She got up to help Lexa and Jeremy, but Carmen held her arm out to stop her, worried her girlfriend could get shot, as she kept her eyes on Liz and the weapon she held.

Liz put her gun away as she watched in shock, "Oh, God. Oh, God." She blurted in a panic, before she spoke into her radio. "I've got a gunshot victim at The Grill. Get the paramedics here." While they had the chance, Natasha left, dragging Damon with her.

"You're gonna be fine. It's gonna be okay." Liz said, racing towards the Gilbert's, as Lexa was saying aloud the incantation to a healing spell that Bonnie had taught her.

"Mom. Mom, what did you do?" Caroline's voice boomed as she and Bonnie had entered the Grill. "I was aiming for Damon!" Liz admitted, still visibly panicked.

Jeremy's eyes fluttered open, Lexa's spell working. "Oh my god." Caroline blurted, her lips curving into a relieved smile, as she realised that Jeremy was slowly being healed.

Lexa laid her brother down on a booth table, before removing the bullet from his chest. Jeremy coughed out in pain, as his sister continued to say the incantation.

After a couple of minutes, he was well enough to stand and walk around. He wasn't feeling amazing, but he wasn't dying.

The younger Gilbert sat up, looking at his sister whose eyes were filled with tears. Jeremy then fell into her arms, hugging her. "You did it." He managed to say, as Lexa held her brother, relieved that he was okay.

━━━━━ ♥︎ ━━━━━

After laying Jeremy down, Lexa closed his bedroom door softly, leaving him to sleep. The heretic walked downstairs, taking a mug of coffee she'd prepared, before seating herself on the couch.

The Gilbert wrapped herself up in a blanket, before she opened her phone, and called Caroline.

"Hello?"

"Hey Care." Lexa began. "Lexa! Hey, how's Jeremy?" Caroline asked. Lexa took a sip from her mug before she answered, "He's okay, he just needs some rest. How's your Mum?" She asked. Caroline sighed, "She um... She knows about me being a vampire and you being a heretic..."

"How did she take it all?" Lexa asked. "She um.. is still processing that we're supernatural and immortal." Caroline sighed. "What are you doing tonight?" The vampire then asked, as Lexa took another sip from her coffee. "I'm watching tv with Gigi and Carmen, and waiting for Elena to come home.. do you uh... wanna join us?" She asked, before placing her mug on the table beside the couch.

"I think it's probably best if I stay with my Mum tonight... she's still pretty shaken up about shooting Jeremy." Caroline replied. Lexa nodded, "Yeah.. yeah understandable. Give her a hug from me." She replied. Caroline giggled, "Okay, will do."

The heretic smiled, before she glanced back at her tv. "I'll talk to you later, Care. Goodnight." She spoke. "Goodnight Lexa." Caroline replied, before their call ended.

━━━━━ ♥︎ ━━━━━

Tyler sighed, approaching the Lockwood cellar. "Mum... There's something I need to show you." He said, as they began walking into the cellar.

"Honey, is everything okay?" Carol asked, noticing how distressed her son look. Tyler shook his head, "No. No I'm not okay Mum." He admitted, walking her into the cellar.

The boy froze, realising that the coffin his cousin was in, had completely disappeared. "What the.." He trailed off. "Tyler... what's going on?" Carol asked, seeming so confused. Tyler just stared at the spot where his dead cousin had been lying hours earlier, confused to where she had gone.

━━━━━ ♥︎ ━━━━━

Sienna sucked in a sharp breath, before finally regaining consciousness. The girl could hear heavy traffic, beeping car horns and trams zooming by. The girl sat up, feeling her head throb, as she tried to process what had happened in the recent events before her death.

"Finally you're awake." A voice piped up, as the werewolf turned to left, to see a girl about her age with long orange hair, sitting in a chair. "Where am I?" Sienna asked.

"Manhattan, New York." The girl answered sharply. Sienna's eyes widened, "What the fuck? I'm supposed to be in Virginia." She admitted.

Another girl, with short orange hair walked in, holding a glass of water. "Finally! You're awake! How are you feeling, are you cold?" She asked seemingly concerned, handing Sienna the glass. "I'm.. I'm alright, just confused." Sienna admitted, taking the glass.

"I died. Somehow I'm alive again." The Lockwood explained. The girl with long orange hair scoffed, "Someone clearly doesn't know the basics of being a Guardian." Sienna frowned, "It's not like I was given any information on it." She huffed back, as her Dad really hadn't told her much.

"You don't need to be rude, sis." One of the girls said before she explained to Sienna, "Guardians will continuously resurrect, as long as the person that they're protecting is alive."

Sienna took a long hard sip from the glass of water before she said, "Yeah well I'm pretty sure my heart was ripped out so I'm not sure how I could resurrect from that." She said. "There's no real limit.. you could explode into a million pieces and still resurrect later." The girl with short hair explained.

Sienna shook her head, "I have no idea who any of you people are.. and why am I here?" She scoffed, placing the glass down.

"I can answer that for you." A woman said, entering the room. Sienna and the unknown trio, turned to see a woman with long blonde hair. "Sienna, I have been waiting for the day I could finally reunite with you." She spoke, as Sienna raised an eyebrow, still confused as fuck.

"My name is Lydia Meyer. I am your Mother."

"And these are Ava and Astrid Meyer, your half sisters."

"It's nice to finally meet you, Sienna." Astrid chirped, as Sienna took a step back, blinking a few times as she processed this new information. "Wh... what?!" She finally blurted, her jaw dropped.

━━━━━ ♥︎ ━━━━━

AUTHORS NOTE

This chapter finishes the end of season 2!

Did you guys really think Sienna and Natasha's stories were to end here? These two still have a lot of their story left to share.

I'm so excited to add Giorgia and Carmen into the story too! You'll see plenty of them and Brooke in season three

Anyway, let me know what you guys want to see in Season 3! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

155K 5.4K 51
Summer had passed with Stefan being gone. Elena felt lost without her boyfriend, and quite frankly the brothers did too. Holden's love for the brown...
87.7K 2.9K 14
"𝑰𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌, 𝒈𝒐𝒕𝒕𝒂 𝒍𝒆𝒕 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒆" Caroline Elizabeth Marie Forbes was a girl who loved perfection. Being th...
84.3K 3.5K 30
She was the only thing he couldn't understand. Caroline Forbes story. Kind of AU. The Vampire Diaries season 4. I do not own C. Forbes or any other T...
27.1K 640 15
I'll take what I can get, cause I'm too damp for a spark 25/08/2023- Emilia Maxwell series book 1of 2 the vampire diaries (s...