Cruel Summer • Vampire Diaries

By undeadbelova

♡˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ONGOING, SLOW UPDATES In which a girl with a secret, moves back to her hometown after being gone fo... More

CRUEL SUMMER!
001. lexa and vicki
002. hello, belgium
003. the intervention
004. for them
005. the stellar coven
006. where's my mind?
007. lexa unleashed
008. spill the beans
009. night of the comet
010. lexa has an epiphany
011. friday night bites
012. who let the rat in?
013. family ties
014. lexa, the wing woman
015. sexy suds car wash
016. lost girls
017. runaway baby vampire
018. haunted
019. ethereal
020. lovers that went wrong
021. 162 candles
022. history repeating
023. emily bennett
024. the promise of your future
025. the turning point
026. bloodlines
027. no more lies
028. unpleasantville
029. lexa's protector
030. children of the damned
031. the betrayal
032. fool me once
033. petrova
034. a few good men
035. the bachelor fundraiser
036. jealousy, jealousy
037. there goes the neighbourhood
038. let the right one in
039. dangerous lies
040. grief
041. under control
042. you robbed the hospital!
043. miss mystic falls
044. lovebirds
045. isobel
046. bio mum
047. founder's day
048. the accident
049. sister dearest
050. the return
051. brave new world
052. game on
053. day walker
054. wicked games
055. bad moon rising
056. memory lane
057. complicated
058. kill or be killed
059. eager beaver
060. the moonstone
061. plan b
062. if you're happy, than i'm happy
063. the masquerade ball
064. karma's a bitch
065. go fuck yourself
066. rose
067. we can't all have little daylight rings
068. his sister's keeper
069. i owe you
070. the sacrifice
071. by the light of the moon
072. broken little wolf
073. best friends
074. the descent
075. look after you
076. daddy issues
077. crying wolf
078. life is about more than just surviving
079. a new best friend
080. eternal flame
082. the last dance
083. i am not alaric
084. klaus
085. i promise
086. this is the part where you run
087. the last day
088. the sun also rises
089. misery business
090. right person, wrong time
091. as i lay dying
092. a pancake birthday tradition
093. the one that got away
094. the birthday party
095. connor fucking callahan
096. nobody is innocent
097. the end of the affair
098. disturbing behaviour
099. the reckoning
100. stefan's gone mad
101. smells like teen spirit
102. midnight love
103. strange happenings
104. ghost world
105. time to say goodbye
106. straight to the source
107. champagne problems
108. feel something
109. backstabbers
110. homecoming
111. gone girl
112. the new deal
cruel summer has been plagiarised...
113. our town
114. love really does make people pathetic

081. know thy enemy

1.3K 79 36
By undeadbelova

"Hello, Alexia. It's nice to see you again." Isobel spoke, as Lexa still looked completely shocked. Jenna looked at Lexa, "Again?!" She asked, as the Gilbert didn't know what to say.

"So you're the woman who's dating my husband. I need to speak to Alexia and Elena. May I come in?" Isobel ordered before the Gilbert practically threw herself between Jenna and Isobel. "No— no. Don't... don't invite her in." The witch insisted as Isobel frowned, "I need to talk to you, Alexia."

"No!"

Alexia then slammed the door in Isobel's face, before turning to her Aunt, who was crying. Elena suddenly raced downstairs, after hearing the door slamming. "Guys, what's going on?" She asked, before realising that the Sommers was crying. "Aunt Jenna?" Elena asked.

"You knew she was still alive? Ric? John? Did they know?" Jenna demanded, looking to Lexa as she shook her head in frustration. "I can explain everything, Jenna." Lexa insisted, taking a step forward to reach out for her Aunt, but Jenna took a step back, "No!"

"Jenna, please." Elena spoke up now, before Jenna suddenly ran upstairs. Elena ran after her, "Jenna!! Jenna!!" Her Aunt slammed her bedroom door, refusing to exit her room, no matter how much Elena tried to convince her.

Lexa teared up, feeling a wave of regret and sadness wash over her. She suddenly looked down, seeing Salem affectionately rub his head, against her ankle. The Gilbert bent down and picked the small cat up, and cuddled him as she tried to keep her tears at bay.

━━━━━ ♥︎ ━━━━━

Lexa, Damon, Bonnie and Jeremy were walking through the woods. Alexia had been awfully quiet, still thinking about Jenna. "Hey.. you doing okay?" Jeremy asked, as Lexa shrugged, "Not really... you?"

Jeremy shrugged, "I'm doing alright.. I uh... brought you something." He said, before taking his backpack off of his back, and reaching into it to grab a thermos, filled with coffee. "Here.. black no sugar, just how you like it." Jeremy smiled, handing the thermos to his sister. Lexa smiled, before taking it, "Thank you Jer." She replied, grateful for the gesture.

After some time, and more walking, Jeremy asked, "Is this the spot Emily Bennett was killed, too?" Damon replied, "Founders thought it was poetic burning her where the other witches burned." Bonnie frowned at this, "How do you know where the witches were burned?" She asked. Damon shrugged, "Cause I tried to save her. Emily was just my key to getting Katherine back before I knew what a nasty little bitch Katherine was." He explained as Lexa and Jeremy laughed.

They stopped in front of an abandoned and run-down house where the witches used to live. "You sure it's the right place?" Jeremy asked, as Lexa opened the door, and entered the house. Damon just nodded, not answering the younger Gilbert with words.

The group entered the house and walked around, though suddenly, Damon was unable to move. He instantly glanced at Lexa, "Whatever witchy prank you're playing, don't. It's not funny." He insisted, as Lexa frowned. "Dude... I'm not doing anything." She replied, causing Damon to look at Bonnie instead. "I'm not doing anything either." The Bennett insisted.

"I can't move." Damon stated, as Lexa just shrugged "Not the worst thing that has happened today." She admitted, happy to continue on with her day and leave Damon, as the Salvatore frowned.

Damon's skin suddenly began to burn, as if his daylight ring wasn't working. "I don't think the witches like you being here." Bonnie stated as Jeremy grinned, "I guess this is the right place." He said. "I'm gonna go wait outside." Damon declared, before suddenly vampire speeding outside.

"Can you hand me the grimoire?" Bonnie asked Lexa, moments later. "Are you sure about this?" Jeremy asked, watching Lexa hand Bonnie the grimoire. "Are you worried about us?" Lexa asked, as Jeremy frowned, "Yeah, of course I am!" He insisted, seeming surprised that his sister would even ask that.

Bonnie and Lexa began to read together from the grimoire, as whispering voices could be heard throughout the witch house. "What is that?" Jeremy asked. "The spirits of the witches who died here. I can feel them." Bonnie explained. "All right. What are they saying?" Jeremy asked. "It's hard to tell." Lexa answered her brother.

Suddenly, Bonnie got up, and began to head down to the basement. Lexa followed her. "Where are you going?" Jeremy asked them, before he followed after them.

"Here. This is it. Help me set the candles." Bonnie insisted, as Lexa and Jeremy helped to set up the candles, as the whispers were getting louder.

"What the hell are they saying?" Jeremy asked as Bonnie concentrated and closed her eyes for a moment, before she reopened them. "What is it?"

"Nothing."

All the candles suddenly lit up at the same time.

Bonnie half smiled, "They're ready."

Moments later, Lexa and Bonnie sat together, their eyes closed and hands linked. The voices around them kept getting louder, and suddenly Bonnie began to cry.

Lexa opened her eyes, feeling disconnected from the witches suddenly, but noticed that Bonnie was suddenly crying. "Bon??" Lexa asked, "Bonnie? You're scaring me here." She confessed. Bonnie then started screaming.

"Bonnie!" Jeremy called out, as he went to race towards Bonnie, whilst Lexa grabbed ahold of her best friend. "Bonnie!? Bon!?"

The Gilberts were suddenly both thrown against a wall by an invisible force, as Bonnie screamed louder. Neither Lexa or Jeremy could move.

The voices then stopped, and Lexa and Jeremy could finally move. They both got to their feet and rushed towards Bonnie, as she was crying. Lexa threw her arms around Bonnie and held her close, as worried filled her brown eyes. "Bon— hey, are you okay?" Lexa asked gently as Bonnie nodded, "I... I did it." She replied.

Lexa pulled away from her best friend, meeting the Bennett's teary eyed face. "It's okay." The Bennett smiled weakly. After some time, Lexa, Bonnie and Jeremy went outside.

"Exactly how much power can you draw from a hundred dead witches?" Damon asked, as he had expected Bonnie and Lexa to both take in the magic, sharing it, but only Bonnie had... which wasn't what they'd expected.

Bonnie closed her eyes and concentrated, as leaves started to fly around them. The sky turned black and there was thunder and lightning.

"Damn... Bon." Lexa confessed, in shock, before Bonnie opened her eyes and looked to Damon. "The answer to your question is a lot."

━━━━━ ♥︎ ━━━━━

Alexia drove to the cemetery, as Elena had messaged her the address and explained that Isobel had taken her there. Neither of the twins could trust their biological mother, even if their lives depended on it.

The Gilbert rushed over to Elena and Isobel, finding them talking. "So you lied. You did find Klaus, didn't you?" Elena asked loudly. "He knows where I am now. Are you taking me to him?"

Isobel doesn't answer, and looked to Alexia. Without a word, Isobel walked to a tombstone and crouched down in front of it.

"What is this?" Lexa asked, as Isobel cleared some leaves from the tombstone. It reads:

In loving memory
Isobel Flemming
Jan 18, 1978 - May 4, 2007

"My parents, your grandparents, they put it here when it became clear that the police weren't gonna find my body. They visit every week, and they bring flowers, even though there's no one buried here. The Isobel they knew is dead. So maybe there's a part of me that's buried here, the... the human part, the part that I abandoned when I-when I choose to become a vampire, the part that used to dream about the day that she'd know her daughters." Isobel trailed off.

"What?" Elena asked. Lexa just crossed her arms, as she looked at Isobel skeptically. "And instead you got to meet the other part...The part that would betray her own flesh and blood."

Isobel's phone rang, and she stepped away to answer it, leaving the twins alone. After a moment, Isobel returned to the girls. "Who the hell was that?" Lexa demanded, still skeptical. Isobel ignored Lexa and said, "I'm so sorry, girls. I was such a disappointment to you both."

Before the twins could even comprehend what their mother had just said, she pulled off her necklace and started to burn in the sunlight. She screamed as she burst into flames, and fell to the ground in front of her grave. Alexia and Elena watched, in complete shock.

━━━━━ ♥︎ ━━━━━

AUTHORS NOTE

I'm curious, who do you guys ship more with Lexa—Caroline or Sienna?

The endgame is obviously already decided, but I can't help but to be curious 🤭

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.1K 640 15
I'll take what I can get, cause I'm too damp for a spark 25/08/2023- Emilia Maxwell series book 1of 2 the vampire diaries (s...
548K 13.6K 89
𝐖𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑 | the vampire diaries 𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐅𝐀𝐍 𝐒𝐀𝐋𝐕𝐀𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐄 she wondered what it was like to be loved by him maybe she'll find out. 𝐭𝐡𝐞...
1.6K 46 21
Katie Forbes came back to mystic falls with a troubled past. After being away for so long at college, she tries to put her traumatic experience behin...
22.2K 676 14
In a parallel world, Elena realized sooner than she thought that she loved Damon and no one else. With Stefan long forgotten, will she fight for her...