Cruel Summer • Vampire Diaries

By undeadbelova

♡˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ONGOING, SLOW UPDATES In which a girl with a secret, moves back to her hometown after being gone fo... More

CRUEL SUMMER!
001. lexa and vicki
002. hello, belgium
003. the intervention
004. for them
005. the stellar coven
006. where's my mind?
007. lexa unleashed
008. spill the beans
009. night of the comet
010. lexa has an epiphany
011. friday night bites
012. who let the rat in?
013. family ties
014. lexa, the wing woman
015. sexy suds car wash
016. lost girls
017. runaway baby vampire
018. haunted
019. ethereal
020. lovers that went wrong
021. 162 candles
022. history repeating
023. emily bennett
024. the promise of your future
025. the turning point
026. bloodlines
027. no more lies
028. unpleasantville
029. lexa's protector
030. children of the damned
031. the betrayal
032. fool me once
033. petrova
034. a few good men
035. the bachelor fundraiser
036. jealousy, jealousy
037. there goes the neighbourhood
038. let the right one in
039. dangerous lies
040. grief
041. under control
042. you robbed the hospital!
043. miss mystic falls
044. lovebirds
045. isobel
046. bio mum
047. founder's day
048. the accident
049. sister dearest
050. the return
051. brave new world
052. game on
053. day walker
054. wicked games
055. bad moon rising
056. memory lane
057. complicated
058. kill or be killed
059. eager beaver
060. the moonstone
061. plan b
062. if you're happy, than i'm happy
063. the masquerade ball
064. karma's a bitch
065. go fuck yourself
066. rose
067. we can't all have little daylight rings
068. his sister's keeper
069. i owe you
070. the sacrifice
071. by the light of the moon
072. broken little wolf
073. best friends
075. look after you
076. daddy issues
077. crying wolf
078. life is about more than just surviving
079. a new best friend
080. eternal flame
081. know thy enemy
082. the last dance
083. i am not alaric
084. klaus
085. i promise
086. this is the part where you run
087. the last day
088. the sun also rises
089. misery business
090. right person, wrong time
091. as i lay dying
092. a pancake birthday tradition
093. the one that got away
094. the birthday party
095. connor fucking callahan
096. nobody is innocent
097. the end of the affair
098. disturbing behaviour
099. the reckoning
100. stefan's gone mad
101. smells like teen spirit
102. midnight love
103. strange happenings
104. ghost world
105. time to say goodbye
106. straight to the source
107. champagne problems
108. feel something
109. backstabbers
110. homecoming
111. gone girl
112. the new deal
cruel summer has been plagiarised...
113. our town
114. love really does make people pathetic

074. the descent

1.6K 93 12
By undeadbelova

Natasha entered Damon's bedroom, where Rose was sleeping, with new sheets. "I brought some clean sheets." She announced, but frowned upon noticing Rose wasn't in the bedroom.

The Petrova dropped the sheets onto the bed and supersped away, trying to find Rose.

Natasha walked into the basement, and stopped as she found an empty blood bag on the floor. "Oh Rose.." She sighed, as she picked it up.

The heretic walked farther into the basement, stopping once she found Rose drinking blood from a bag, whilst a lot of emptied blood bags were on the floor around her.

"Oh my god." Natasha blurted, before Rose looked up, locking eyes with Natasha. "Katerina!"

Natasha shook her head, "No, it's Natalia— Natasha." She insisted, before Rose got to her feet, prepared to attack the Petrova.

Natasha sighed, speeding out of the basement and into the lounge room, as Rose followed her. "Rose, I don't want to have to hurt you." Natasha warned, though Rose's eyes were still filled with hate and rage.

"You're hallucinating. I'm not Katherine. I'm not Katherine." Natasha declared, before using a spell to keep Rose in place. "Please you have to believe me. I would never hurt you." Natasha insisted, as Rose's eyes went from hate filled, to a softer look as she recognised the heretic.

"Tasha.."

Natasha nodded, as she took a step forward, and caressed Rose's cheek. "That's right.. I'm right here." She insisted, as Rose looked upset, as she realised that she really was going to die.

━━━━━ ♥︎ ━━━━━

Natasha growled, annoyed at herself for letting Rose escape. She had left the infected vampire for barely a minute, when the girl had escaped.

"Damon. Rose is gone. I repeat, Rose is gone." Natasha said into her phone, as she had tried to call Damon, but it had gone to voicemail.

She then stopped suddenly, as she heard a loud thud. Her eyes widened before she super sped towards the noise, reaching a car. Rose was sitting on the hood, feeding off of a girl, while the girl's boyfriend laid lifelessly nearby.

"Rose!" Natasha called out. "Hey! Rose, stop!" The heretic didn't care for these people, but in the short amount of time she'd spent with Rose, she'd learnt that the infected vampire didn't want to hurt others. Rose would be devastated when she realised what she had done.

Natasha rushed toward Rose, and grabbed her before pinning her on the ground. Rose bared her fangs at Natasha, veins popping out from under her eyes as she tried to flail the heretic off of her. "Rose, Rose! It's me, it's Natasha!" The Petrova insisted, as her face changed back to normal.

Natasha let go of Rose, and offered her a hand. The vampire took it, but kept hold of the Pierce's hand as she looked at the site before her. "Did I do this? I never meant to hurt anyone. I.. I never wanted to hurt anyone." Rose insisted, her eyes filled with tears. Natasha squeezed Rose's hand gently before she said softly, "I know."

"I'm sorry Tasha, I'm so sorry." Rose cried out, as Natasha took both of her hands in her own now, "Come on, let's get you home." Rose shook her head, "No, I don't have a home, I haven't had a home in so long." The vampire suddenly shook her head, "Oh make it stop, please make it stop! I hate it, make it stop!" She cried out, as Natasha now held the crying girl in her arms.

"Tasha.. Rose.."

Natasha looked up, her tear filled eyes meeting Damon. He had a look on his face, that said you know what has to be done. The Petrova just sadly nodded, before she bent down and picked Rose up, carrying the girl in her arms as she followed Damon, back to the Salvatore Boarding house.

━━━━━ ♥︎ ━━━━━

Natasha helped lay Rose down onto Damon's bed. "Who would have thought you'd be a nice girl?" Rose asked, as it sounded like it was straining her to just speak.

Natasha shrugged, "I'm not nice. I'm a Pierce." She insisted, as Rose shook her head, "You are nothing like your sister." She said. Natasha smiled, as she stroked Rose's hair with her hands, "Shhh, just sleep. Just sleep." She cooed.

Now in her dream that Natasha was putting in Rose's head, Rose had long hair and was in a dress. She was walking in a paddock with horses. She ran and sat down next to Natasha, who was also wearing a dress.

"This was my favorite place to come as a girl. How did you know?" Rose asked, as she linked her arm through Natasha's. "You told me. I pay attention to detail." Natasha chirped, trying to sound chipper.

"Am I dreaming?" Rose asked. Natasha shrugged, not really answering her question. Rose just closed her eyes and breathed. "The sun is so warm. I miss this. I miss being human." The vampire explained.

"Humanity is not all it's cracked up to be." Natasha confessed, though she knew in her heart that was a lie. She ached to be human again, but she told herself that she hated humanity, so she could cope with being undead.

"I had friends, I had a family, I mattered." Rose rambled on as Natasha frowned, "You still do. You matter to me." She confessed.

Rose blinked in surprise, "Is this.." She trailed off, pointing between herself and Natasha. "Is this love?" She asked. The Petrova blinked in surprise, realising that Rose hadn't experienced love. "I don't know.." Natasha confessed, "It could have been.. if we had more time." She admitted sadly.

Rose unlinked their arms, and instead took Natasha's hand in her own. She reached the Petrova's hand up to her face, and kissed her knuckles gently, causing the heretic to smile.

"Imagine we were both human.. no being undead, no running from anyone... just two simple human lives... what do you think life would be like if we were to be together? To... grow old together?" Rose suddenly asked. Natasha opened her mouth to answer, but stopped to think about it.

"I think.." Natasha began, squeezing Rose's hand gently. "We would have a big farm." She continued. "You would have a few very beautiful horses.. and you would ride them quite often." The Petrova stopped. "And you would teach me.. so we could ride horses together, through some beautiful trails and gardens."

Natasha then shrugged, "I would have a beautiful garden.. with many beautiful flowers. Ooh and chickens!" She chirped. "I would have some chickens to care for." She giggled. Rose then looked at Natasha, her smile being quite contagious as it caused her to smile also, before Rose also giggled with her.

"Hm.. In another life..." Rose trailed off, looking down at their linked hands again. "I'd like to enjoy the fresh air. Would you enjoy it with me?" She then asked. Natasha nodded, "Of course. For a while."

Natasha held Rose in her arms, holding her close. "Thank you." Rose hummed. "For what?" Natasha asked. "The pain's gone."

"Will I see them again? My family?" Rose suddenly asked, as Natasha thought about it before she answered, "I think you'll see whoever you want to see." Rose smiled, "That would be nice. Maybe I'll see Trevor too."

Rose then pulled away from Natasha, standing up before she faced her. "I'm not afraid anymore." She insisted. Natasha stood up, and cradled Rose's face in her hands, "See. You're stronger than you know." She whispered, her eyes filling with tears again.

Rose smiled, before she inched closer to Natasha, colliding her lips with the heretics. Natasha closed her eyes and kissed back.

In reality, Natasha was reaching for a stake, and before they broke apart, she rammed it through Rose's heart. Now with the dream over, Natasha held Rose's lifeless body in her arms, as sobs escaped her lips.

Damon entered the room, blinking in surprise when he realised that Natasha had taken Rose's life.

"I.. I didn't want to..." Natasha confessed, amongst her crying. "I wanted her to live.. I.." Damon walked over to the bed, and pulled his best friend into a hug, as she cried in his arms. "I know... it's okay." Damon said softly, as the Pierce girl was inconsolable.

━━━━━ ♥︎ ━━━━━

AUTHORS NOTE

Man idk about you guys, but I really liked Natasha and Rose together. Obviously they weren't going to be endgame, but Rose has definitely unlocked something in the Petrova 👀

Also,, Damon and Natasha are one of my favourite friendships in this story. Whilst Damon had the hots for Katherine, his bond with Natasha is quite sibling like. They don't care about much, but when it comes to eachother they'd do anything to protect one another. And also, they have their moments and fight like siblings.

Which also lowkey is the same relationship between Lexa and Stefan now that I think about it. Which is my absolutely favourite friendship in the story—

This story will go back to following Lexa and also Sienna next chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.9K 226 25
I do not own these characters, those rights go to Julie Plec. Caroline was born 3 years after Stefan, was. She is like a sister to Stefan, and Damon...
31.5K 719 19
in which Oaklyn Gilbert starts to feel alive again, all because of a certain vampire. Damon Salvatore x OC TVD Season1-?
27.1K 640 15
I'll take what I can get, cause I'm too damp for a spark 25/08/2023- Emilia Maxwell series book 1of 2 the vampire diaries (s...
1.6K 45 21
Katie Forbes came back to mystic falls with a troubled past. After being away for so long at college, she tries to put her traumatic experience behin...