Cruel Summer • Vampire Diaries

By undeadbelova

♡˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ONGOING, SLOW UPDATES In which a girl with a secret, moves back to her hometown after being gone fo... More

CRUEL SUMMER!
001. lexa and vicki
002. hello, belgium
003. the intervention
004. for them
005. the stellar coven
006. where's my mind?
007. lexa unleashed
008. spill the beans
009. night of the comet
010. lexa has an epiphany
011. friday night bites
012. who let the rat in?
013. family ties
014. lexa, the wing woman
015. sexy suds car wash
016. lost girls
017. runaway baby vampire
018. haunted
019. ethereal
020. lovers that went wrong
021. 162 candles
022. history repeating
023. emily bennett
024. the promise of your future
025. the turning point
026. bloodlines
027. no more lies
028. unpleasantville
029. lexa's protector
030. children of the damned
031. the betrayal
032. fool me once
033. petrova
034. a few good men
035. the bachelor fundraiser
036. jealousy, jealousy
037. there goes the neighbourhood
038. let the right one in
039. dangerous lies
040. grief
041. under control
042. you robbed the hospital!
043. miss mystic falls
044. lovebirds
045. isobel
046. bio mum
047. founder's day
048. the accident
049. sister dearest
050. the return
051. brave new world
052. game on
053. day walker
054. wicked games
055. bad moon rising
056. memory lane
057. complicated
058. kill or be killed
059. eager beaver
060. the moonstone
061. plan b
062. if you're happy, than i'm happy
063. the masquerade ball
064. karma's a bitch
065. go fuck yourself
066. rose
067. we can't all have little daylight rings
068. his sister's keeper
069. i owe you
071. by the light of the moon
072. broken little wolf
073. best friends
074. the descent
075. look after you
076. daddy issues
077. crying wolf
078. life is about more than just surviving
079. a new best friend
080. eternal flame
081. know thy enemy
082. the last dance
083. i am not alaric
084. klaus
085. i promise
086. this is the part where you run
087. the last day
088. the sun also rises
089. misery business
090. right person, wrong time
091. as i lay dying
092. a pancake birthday tradition
093. the one that got away
094. the birthday party
095. connor fucking callahan
096. nobody is innocent
097. the end of the affair
098. disturbing behaviour
099. the reckoning
100. stefan's gone mad
101. smells like teen spirit
102. midnight love
103. strange happenings
104. ghost world
105. time to say goodbye
106. straight to the source
107. champagne problems
108. feel something
109. backstabbers
110. homecoming
111. gone girl
112. the new deal
cruel summer has been plagiarised...
113. our town
114. love really does make people pathetic

070. the sacrifice

1.8K 98 32
By undeadbelova

As Tyler and Sienna approached the Lockwood cellar, Sienna seemed occupied on her phone.

Now by the entrance, Tyler gave his cousin a confused look. "I'll be with you in a moment, Ty." Sienna insisted before Tyler nodded and entered the cellar.

The Lockwood girl whipped out her phone, looking at the messages between herself and Lexa over the day. She'd been hesitant to respond to her girlfriend... unsure of what to even say.

Lexa 🥰

Doll, will you stop
being cryptic? 🙄
11:35 a.m.

I'm not being cryptic,
i'm being coy 😉
11:35a.m.

Lexa, honey, doll, love of
my life, sweetie, my magical
idiot, please just be straight
forward and tell me what it
is you're trying to say.
11:36 a.m.

Fine. Cece, I wanna have
sex. With you, obviously.
11:36 a.m.

Only if you feel ready too,
of course. I wouldn't want to
make you feel uncomfortable
11:49 a.m.

Sienna? Love?
1:25 p.m.

"Oh my god! You and Lexa are going to have sex!?" A voice boomed, as Sienna spun around to see Caroline, who'd been peeking over her shoulder, and was now covering her mouth in shock. "When the fuck did you get here!?" The Lockwood blurted back in surprise.

"Wait? Lexa is taking my cousin to pound town!?" Tyler's voice came from down the cellar. Sienna facepalmed, embarrassedly "I hate this. I hate you guys." She huffed. "Well, why haven't you responded to her?! She's gonna get the totally wrong idea and think that you..." Caroline trailed off, looking to Sienna in realisation. "Wait. You don't wanna have sex with her." She blurted.

Sienna groaned, "Can we not have this conversation, Care?" She asked. "But.. you two are totally in love and-"

"Caroline!" Sienna snapped, this time an angry tone. Caroline stayed quiet, before Tyler exited the cellar. "Are you guys coming down, or what?" He asked.

Minutes later, the trio walked through the cellar together, as Tyler shone the beam of light coming from his torch, at a part of the cave. Three deep scratches ran across the wall.

"Whoa. They look old." Caroline stated, as Sienna crossed her arms as she followed Tyler's line of sight, finding at a pair of rusty chains.

"And these bolts and chains. I need new chains, but the bolts could still hold." Tyler stated, before he grabbed the ring around the bolt and pulled it hard, showing Caroline how resistant they were. "I think that's what this place was used for. Full moons."

Sienna sighed, "I'm telling you that this is what this cellar is used for. Full moons." She said, almost mockingly.

Caroline, Sienna and Tyler proceeded to glance around the cave. Caroline walked forward and spotted something in a nook. "What's this?" The vampire asked, as she grabbed the item, which was wrapped in a piece of cloth and walked back over to the Lockwoods. "I have no idea." They answered, in unison.

Caroline unwrapped the cloth around what appeared to be a journal. She took it out of the cloth and handed it to Tyler. "Was it Mason's?" She asked. Tyler took the journal from her and flipped through the pages. He stopped at a page and began to read out loud from it.

"August 31– My body is changing. I'm edgy, angry, impatient. I get so mad, I black out and forget what I say or do. I'm not myself, not since Jimmy's death. What's happening to me?"

Tyler flipped further back into the journal and glanced up at Sienna and Caroline. "He chronicled everything." Sienna noticed before Tyler stoped at a page and read from it, "The full moon is tonight"

━━━━━ ♥︎ ━━━━━

Lexa, Stefan and Bonnie, worried by Jeremy's absence, raced into tomb. Stefan dropped his bag and started rummaging through it, but something caught his eye. He saw the moonstone lying nearby.

"What the fuck?" Lexa blurted, noticing it too. "Is that the moonstone?" Bonnie asked, as Lexa gave her best friend a nod, before she rushed over to pick it up.

Katherine, lips drenched in blood, stood to the entrance of the tomb now. "I hate to interrupt, but today has just been full of surprises." She stated, before she pulled Jeremy out from behind the wall. Jeremy's eyelids were fluttering and the bite mark on his neck oozed blood.

"Jeremy!" Lexa cried out in a panic, before herself, Stefan and Bonnie rushed over to the entrance, the trio with looks of horror plastered on their faces. Jeremy's fluttering eyes met his sisters, and he felt guilty for making her so worried. "I'm sorry Lexa. I took some powder." He managed to say.

"Don't worry, I know that he's wearing his ring, so no matter how many times I kill him, he'll just keep coming back for more. So, I'm going to be in the back playing with my new little toy." Katherine declared before she shoved Jeremy back into the cave. "And you guys just give me a holler when you've got the tomb open."

Lexa's stress filled eyes darted from Bonnie to Stefan, knowing they had to act fast. She lurched forward and placed her hands on the tomb's barrier, holding a look of surprise and panic when she couldn't siphon it.

"Oh my god.. what the hell—" The Gilbert blurted, not understanding why she couldn't simply siphon the spell.

Moments later, the witches had set up a circle of torches in the antechamber. Lexa and Bonnie, hand in hand as the Gilbert siphons, light the torches with magic. "Incendia!"

Stefan sighed, "Where the hell is Damon?" He asked, as his older brother was supposed to be there. "We can't wait, we have to get Jeremy out of there." Lexa ordered, but Stefan replied quickly, "She's fed, she has her strength back."

"We still have what's left of the ash." Bonnie piped up, before she handed Stefan an envelope with the ash. "Do you think you can get close enough?" Stefan took the envelope from Bonnie, "I don't have a choice." He responded.

"It's gonna take us some time." Lexa confessed nervously. "How long?" Lexa didn't know how to respond, her stomach felt like it was twisting with anxiety at the thought of Katherine holding her younger brother hostage inside the tomb.

"I don't know, a while." Bonnie answered Stefan's question. "Just get me in there as soon as you can." Stefan replied.

Bonnie's grimoire sat open. Lexa and Bonnie stood side by side, their hands still linked and their eyes tightly shut, as they began chanting a spell in Latin. Stefan just watched them, as the flames on the torches suddenly flared up.

Katherine dragged Jeremy behind her, as she came back towards the entrance. "Ohhh, something's happening." Katherine stated before Stefan looked at the pair inside the tomb.

"Lexa! Bonnie- no!" Jeremy cried out, before Stefan looked back at the witch duo with a look of alarm on his face. "You have to stop them, they're not strong enough!" Jeremy yelled out to Stefan, but suddenly the flames on the torches flared up higher. Katherine shrugged, "Maybe they are."

Moments later, Lexa and Bonnie's noses were bleeding but nevertheless they continued to chant the spell. Stefan paced over to them, concerned. "Lexa! Bonnie!" He called to them, trying to shake both of them. "You gotta stop them!" Jeremy cried out, before Katherine elbowed him in the face, causing him to fall to the floor.

Stefan grabbed Lexa's arm, before he tried to separate her intertwined hand from Bonnie's. "You need to stop. Bonnie! Lexa!" Stefan yelled out but their hands stayed tightly together.

Suddenly, their hands separated, and both Lexa and Bonnie fell to the ground, fainting. The Salvatore bent down to Lexa's side, and tried to shake her, "Lexa- Lexa, please wake up!! Lexa!" He cried out, before he raced to Bonnie's side. "Bonnie, wake up, please. Bonnie, wake up. Bonnie."

"Yes, please because I'm still in here!" Katherine announced, as she impatiently paced around inside the tomb.

Almost in unison, both Bonnie and Lexa sucked in a sharp breath, as they regained consciousness. "Are you okay? You all right?" Stefan asked Bonnie, helping her to her feet. He leant the witch against the cave wall before he raced to Lexa's side now.

"Lexa, are you alright?" He asked his best friend, as the Gilbert tried to mumble back an answer, but it was barely clear. Stefan helped Lexa to her feet, before she practically fell into his arms. The vampire held onto her, keeping her close.

"It didn't work." Bonnie spoke up, catching their attention as the Bennett looked into the cave, upset. "I'm not strong enough. Even with Lexa's help, I can't do it." Bonnie sighed.

"Ahhh, that's too bad, I'm still hungry." Katherine declared before she grabbed Jeremy's shirt and pushed him up against the wall. She extended her fangs and prepared to bite Jeremy's neck.

Stefan practically threw Lexa into Bonnie's arms, before he vamp-sped into the tomb, grabbed Jeremy and threw him out of the tomb.

Jeremy fell onto the ground and Lexa knelt down, cradling her younger brother in her arms before she looked up to shoot Katherine an icy glare. The Petrova just shot Lexa and Bonnie a smug smile, before she turned to Stefan.

━━━━━ ♥︎ ━━━━━

After consoling a terrified werewolf, Sienna sat in Caroline's room, needing a moment alone. Her eyes darted around the room, landing on a large picture frame on Caroline's vanity, of the Forbes with Lexa. Sienna chuckled to herself, "There is no hetero explanation for that." She thought.

Caroline suddenly entered her room. "Hey. Tyler is wanting you. He is still pretty shaken after finding Mason's journal." She explained, before glancing over at Sienna.

Sienna caught her look, before she sighed. "Whatever it is you want to say, just say it. I can see it in your eyes that you're holding something back." The Lockwood confessed. Caroline sighed, "I just.. I don't understand why you don't want to have sex with Lexa!" She confessed. "Caroline-"

"I mean.. Lexa is an incredible person, and you two are totally in love. Why aren't you taking the next step?" Caroline asked, persistently.

"Care-"

"Are you having doubts? Sienna-"

"Caroline, will you stop trying to fucking pry!?" Sienna suddenly snapped, her eyes filled to the brim with tears. Caroline's eyes widened in shock, before Sienna turned away, her back to the Forbes. "You wouldn't understand! Or.. at least I hope you wouldn't-" The werewolf rambled.

Caroline approached Sienna, as she had heard the Lockwood's voice crack with emotion. "Cece... Did something... happen?" She asked, her voice laced with concern.

Sienna's chest heaved up and down rather quickly, as tears rolled down the girls cheeks. "Sienna?!" Caroline blurted, quickly moving to stand in front of her, at the Lockwood who now looked broken.

"Sienna- hey I'm so sorry. I-" Caroline didn't know what to say, but she embraced Sienna. The Lockwood wrapped her arms around Caroline, and broke down into sobs.

Tears pricked the Forbes eyes. She had no idea why Sienna was crying... the Lockwood usually wasn't one to express sadness. Caroline rubbed her back, trying to comfort her. "Let it all out. I'm here for you, okay?" Caroline spoke gently.

━━━━━ ♥︎ ━━━━━

Alexia helped Jeremy onto the couch, before she went to turn and leave. "Lexa- where are you going?" The younger Gilbert asked. "To free Stefan." Lexa answered.

Jeremy got to his feet, and stood in front of Lexa, "You can't, you're in no state to even try again!" The boy confessed, as Lexa frowned, "Is that a challenge?" She hissed.

"Cmon, try me." Jeremy ordered before Lexa tried to push him out of the way, but it was no use. Jeremy gave her a shove, "You can't even get past me, how are you going to help Stefan when you're like this? You've exerted yourself, big time. Please rest." Jeremy pleaded.

Lexa groaned, before she plonked herself back on the couch. "I hate this. I feel so weak.. and hopeless." She grumbled. Jeremy sat next to his older sister, "Lexa... I wish I was half as strong as you, on your weakest day." He stated, before the siphoner blinked in surprise. "You're the strongest person I know, Lexa. I mean it." The younger Gilbert added.

Before Lexa had the chance to respond, Elena suddenly rushed inside, her eyes meeting her siblings instantly.

And then she blurted the cruel truth that was only going to make things much more difficult for the group.

"Elijah is alive."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 144 16
This is another Steroline fanfic and has a couple of characters from PLL but has nothing to do with the actual plot of either shows ;). Just made fro...
155K 5.4K 51
Summer had passed with Stefan being gone. Elena felt lost without her boyfriend, and quite frankly the brothers did too. Holden's love for the brown...
548K 13.6K 89
𝐖𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑 | the vampire diaries 𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐅𝐀𝐍 𝐒𝐀𝐋𝐕𝐀𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐄 she wondered what it was like to be loved by him maybe she'll find out. 𝐭𝐡𝐞...
28.9K 1.2K 26
Awakening in TVD Rose finds herself living in Rose's place... confused? Yeah, that was putting it mildly. OC x Damon Salvatore fanfiction that starts...