Fighting for love (2)

Archie wakes up to Freddie's giggles and his little feet kicking into his side. He slowly opens his eyes and turns his head. He's greeted by his son's and wife's smiles.

"Good morning daddy"

"Morning buddy" he mumbles as he rubs his eyes.
"Why are you kicking me?"

"Because you were asleep and I wanted you to wake up"

"I love you honey but couldn't you think of any other way to wake me up?"

Veronica giggles "This was funnier"

"I love you too Ronnie"

Archie rolls onto his stomach before hovers over Veronica and Freddie. He kisses his son's forehead and then leans down to Veronica. "Good morning beautiful"

"Morning Archiekins"

He closes the gap between them and places his lips on hers. He kisses her softly over and over again until Freddie interrupts them. "Ewwww, daddy stop"

"Why?" he asks as he pulls away with a big smile on his face.

"My mommy!"

"Fine" he chuckles and lies back down next to them.
"What about breakfast, I'm hungry"

"Me too" Veronica says.

"I'd like pancakes please"

Veronica turn her head towards him "huh?"

"Pancakes please" he repeats

"So you're expecting me to cook?"

"Well your pancakes are the best" he grins but Veronica is not at all amused.

"Are you expecting me to cook because I'm a woman? Do you want me to bring you breakfast in bed so you don't even have to move?"

"No baby that's not-"

"Save it"

"Veroni-"

"STOP" Freddie yells and sits up "don't fight"

Veronica rolls her eyes and crosses her arms in front of her chest.

"Mommy, daddy sit up" Freddie says. Archie does without questioning it but Veronica stares at her son with her arms still crossed. "Freddie-"

"Mommy" he interrupts "sit up"

Veronica rolls her eyes again but sits up. She faces away from Archie. A tear rolls down her cheek. She hates to fight with Archie especially over stupid things like this.

"Daddy take mommy's hands"

Archie reaches for Veronica hands but she moves away from him. "Ronnie" he sighs.

"Mommy, I said take daddy's hands"

"Freddie, I'm really not in the mood for-"

"MOMMY" he yells.

"Okay fine" she groans. She turns around and lets Archie take her hands. He smiles at her and slowly runs his thumb over her knuckles. Veronica is still not looking at him.