Anniversary

Inspired by the people whose relationship I admire a lot✨
Little Varchie (3) is coming. I needed to upload this today ❤️
__________________________________

"Daddy!" six year old Caspar giggles when he hears his father walk into the house. He has his arms wide open but instead of jumping into Archie's arms he stops right in front of him. "What's all that?" he asks with an eyebrow raised.
"For mommy" he says as he shuts the door with his foot. "Mommy and I have our anniversary today so I bought some things"

"Oh can I see?" Caspar asks excitedly while he follow his father into the kitchen.

Archie nods with a laugh "where's mommy?"

Caspar shrugs "upstairs I think. I wanna see now!" he climbs on the kitchen counter and pulls the bags closer to him. While the little boy's eyes begin to shine, Archie puts the roses he bought into a vase.

"So much yummy stuff and it's all for mommy?"

"We all are going to share. Don't tell her what I got though. It's a surprise"

Caspar claps his hands as he takes the takeout box filled with rice and orange chicken out of the bag and hands it to Archie. A box with noodles follows. "Daddy whats an anniversary?"

"Today, 15 years ago mommy and I got together. Today 15 years ago I kissed her for the first time. It's kinda like a birthday. You celebrate it every year but instead of celebrating someone's birth, we celebrate our love"

"Aww daddy" Caspar smiles widely "that's cute"

That statement makes Archie laugh. He shake his head. His son really is one of a kind. He takes Veronica's favorite ice cream and red velvet cupcakes and puts them in the fridge and freezer.
Just in that moment Veronica walks down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"Okay, who's hungry?"

"Me me me!" Caspar screams.

"Good we're having salmon and — takeout?" she smiles "Archiekins you got takeout?"

He nods with a grin. He places his hands on Veronica's waist and pulls her against his chest so he can kiss her. He hasn't seen her all day. Well, he saw her this morning for half an hour before he had to go to work. "Because I love you"

"And because it's the birthday of your love" Caspar says with a lot of confidence. He still sits on the kitchen counter with the now empty bags next to him. "There's dessert too"

"Shhhh" Archie says and holds his finger in front of his mouth. The boys eyes widen. "Um no. I mean no dessert"

"Oh that's fine" Veronica giggles. She squeezes Archie close when her eyes suddenly land on the roses. "You got me flowers?" she asks with a wide smile.

"You sound like you weren't expecting any" Archie laughs "it's our anniversary babe"

"But still" Veronica eyes move back to him. There's a single tear of happiness in them. She cups his cheeks and kisses him again. "I love you"

"I love you too"

"Um guys, I feel like we should eat before our food gets cold" Caspar says as he jumps off the counter.

Veronica laughs. "Good idea buddy"

"That was soo the Veronica part in him" Archie smirks. Veronica playfully hits his chest then grabs three plates and walks to the dinning room. Before Archie follows he gets a bottle of wine. He pures some in two classes and then joins his family.

"Here you go love" he says as he hands her one and sits down next to her

"Thanks Archiekins"

"Cheers" he smiles "Happy anniversary. The past 15 years with you have been amazing. I can't imagine anyone else by my side. I love you. Here's to the next 15!"

"I love you too!" Veronica smiles "happy anniversary, old man" she says before she leans in and gives him the most loving kiss of the day.

After dinner, Caspar and Veronica sit on the couch in the living room and watch a Disney movie. Archie walks in slowly. He tries to carry three ice cream bowls safely to their destination without dropping them.

"Oh we get to eat in here?" Caspar asks excitedly. Archie nods as he hands his son the first bowl. He lets himself fall next to Veronica before he hands her one too.

"Is that a red velvet cupcake with vanilla ice cream?"

"Yes" Archie nods proudly.

"You know they crush red beetles to make it red right" she whispers into his ear.

The color leaves his face. "Are you for real?"

Veronica nods with a giggle.

"I— I can get you something else"

"No no" she laughs. "It's still delicious. Thanks lover" she says and kisses his cheeks.

"Anything for you. Ronnie I'm sorry today wasn't as special as usual. You deserve better and as soon as I get a little break from work I will take you out on a real date"

"Oh Archiekins, this is perfect. Are you kidding me? You're so incredibly sweet. You bought me flowers and food and now cake and ice cream. Archiekins we've been together for 15 years. I love you. Yes I love date nights but this is more than enough. I just want to be with you. What is better than ice cream and cuddles in front of the tv?"

"Ice cream, cuddles and kisses." Archie smirks while he cups her cheeks and kisses her gently. "My girl" he smiles "I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you"

"Same Archiekins, same" she giggles and kisses him again.