An untypical Saturday morning

It's Saturday morning and Archie and Veronica lie in bed together. The warm sun shines trough the window into their faces. It makes Veronica's skin glow even more. Archie sits up and smiles at the sight of her curled up in a ball next to him. He runs his fingers over her cheek and brushes a strand of hair out of her face.

"My Ronnie" he whispers. He leans down and presses a kiss to her cheek.

She begins to move and slowly opens her eyes.
They are glossy and now that he takes a closer look at her face, he can see that it looks pale. She winces as she moves closer to him.

"What's wrong Ronnie?" His hand is slowly scratching her back and she seems to relax a little bit.

"I don't feel well"

He presses his lips against her forehead for a few seconds.

"I think you have a fever babe. Do you want to eat or trink anything? I'll make whatever you want." he asks.

"As tempting as that sounds Archiekins, can I remind you of what happened the last time you cooked?" she whispers, closing her eyes again.

He groans and lies back down. He pulls her closer to him and she lies her head onto his chest.

It was a couple of weeks a ago when he wanted to cook for her. The only problem is that he's really bad at cooking and almost burned down the house.

He wraps his arms around her and kisses her head.

"I can do this Ronnie. Let me cook for you. I wanna treat my sick baby"

"Fine"

"Yeeesss" he cheers and gets out off bed. He pulls the blanket higher over her body before he opens the window. He sits back down and runs his fingers through her hair.

"Some fresh air will be good for you"

He kisses her cheek one more time before he gets up.

"Archie?"

"Mhm?"

"Thanks" she mumbles. A tired smile flashes over her face before her eyes close again.

•••

Her whole body aches. She feels hot and cold at the same time. Tears form in her eyes as she can't seem to get comfortable in his bed and rolls from one side to another. She winces out in pain every now and then. All she wants is Archie next to her. She wants him to cuddle with her and kiss her. She wants him to run his hand up and down her side. She would feel so much better.

She decides to go down stairs and snuggle into his side while he cooks, or tries to cook. She gets up pulling the blanket around her body. She needs a second to find her balance before she slowly walks to the bedroom door.

When she reaches the kitchen she can see black smoke everywhere and it smells like burned toast.

"Shit, shit" she can hear him call out.

He throws the pan into the sink and let water run over it, which only causes more smoke to develop. He runs to the window and opens it widely, using a cloth to get the smoke out of the house.

She giggles at his failed attempt to cook.

"I told you so. You're lucky your mom's in Chicago".

He turns his head before he rushes over to her. He wraps his arms around her body.

"Ronnie, why are you out of bed?"

"I want to snuggle"

He chuckles and kisses her head.

"Seems like I'm not the best cook"

"I know. Let me" she whispers as she tries to free herself from his grip but he pulls her back into his arms.

"No way. You're going back to bed and I will go to Pop's okay? I'll be right back"

She nods. She can barely stand up on her own. Archie picks her up and carries her back to bed. He runs his fingers down her side, causing a little smile to flash over her face. He kisses her cheek multiple times before he leaves.

•••

When he returns he can see her curled up in a ball again. She looks so at peace when she's asleep. He places the food on his desk and takes off his clothes so that he's only wearing boxers when he lies down next to her.

"I love you Ronnie" he whispers as he wraps his arms around her.