I'll love you forever(2)

Archie rubs his eyes as he walks into the living room. He's tired but he knows Veronica is up already. He heard her. He doesn't want her to sit by herself all morning. He smiles when he sees her sitting on the couch with her baby. She leans back, her eyes are closed. Her baby's head rests on her shoulder, her small hands are between her chest and Veronica. The little girl looks so small and adorable. Archie slowly walks towards the girls but tries to make himself noticeable by dragging his feet over the floor. He doesn't want to scare Veronica. Her eyes flutter open. She looks tired too. "Did we wake you? I'm sorry"

Archie shakes his head. "You're good. I can't even be mad at Luna. Look at how adorable she is" he says with a wide smile as he leans down to her. He carefully runs his fingers over the girl's little head. She doesn't have a lot of hair yet but the few raven strands are soft and wavy. He can feel the texture of her hair. It's going to be just like Veronica's.

"Do you want a coffee?" Archie asks

"No thank you. I don't want to drink any caffeine because I'm breastfeeding"

"Oh yeah, sorry! I totally forgot about that" he chuckles "do you want a glass of water? Tea? Hot chocolate?"

"Hot chocolate actually sounds really nice" Veronica says with a small smile.

"Tiny marshmallow?"

"Just a few— please. Thank you!"

"No problem Ronnie. You have the baby. Don't move. I got it"

"That's nice for a change" she sighs and closes her eyes again. Gently she places a small kiss on her daughter's head.

"What do you mean? Did Chad make you take care of the baby and everything else?"

"Not exactly. Chad was always so busy with work or his little girlfriend I guess. I was home alone a lot with Luna but Chad also wasn't really a big help when he was home"

"I'm sorry Ronnie. You deserve better"

"I'll find better. That man is history"

Archie simply looks at her for a moment. He feels sorry for her. He always wanted the most beautiful life for Veronica. He wanted her to be happy. She probably is somehow. She has a cute little baby. Just the man she had the baby with is not good enough for her. He rubs the back of his neck. He'll support her. He'll be by her side until she figures out what she wants to do next. His home will be her home and beside the fact that he very obviously still has feelings for Veronica, the tiny mini version of her, stole his heart too.

Veronica opens her eyes. She felt Archie's stare. Before she can say anything Archie makes something up. "Whipped cream?"

Veronica giggles "yes please"

"Are you hungry too? I can make us something to eat"

"I'm not that hungry yet but can you make me a cream cheese sandwich please?"

"Just cream cheese? I have avocado too" he says with a smirk "and tomatoes and some Parmesan cheese"

"Would you do that for me?"

"For course Ronnie! I want an avocado toast too. It's delicious and easy to make"

"Thank you so much. I really appreciate this Archie. All of it. Thank you for letting us stay here and thank you for taking care of us"

Archie shakes his head to say no problem. "You're one of my best friends Ronnie. Back in high school I promised you that I would always protect you. I meant that" he smiles at her before he leaves the living room and walks into the kitchen. Veronica sighs. She knew coming here would be a good idea. She knew Archie would take care of her. She can relax and figure out what's next.