Memory loss (3)

There will be a lot of time jumps in this one so I can tell their whole story in one part 😊
___________________________________

Archie's heart beats out of his chest. The prettiest girl in the whole world sits across from him on his bed with a napkin in her lap to protect her silk skirt from anything that could stain it. In between them there are little boxes with different kinds of sushi, Veronica's favorite.
He has been dreaming about this moment for as long as he can think. He met Veronica in fourth grade and from that very second, he knew that she's the one he wants even though he was young. He always gets very nervous around her and hardly manages to say a complete sentence, so when they have a conversation, Veronica does most of the talking. She doesn't mind. She thinks Archie is really cute. That's why she always tries to engage in a conversation with him but he never really gives a complete answer so she thinks he doesn't really like her. Maybe it's because she takes almost two hours in the bathroom in the morning before she is ready to go to school or maybe because she always wears skirts and dresses. Maybe because she's a straight A student or maybe because she's so into fashion. If only she knew that all these things, all the things that make Veronica, Veronica, are the reasons why Archie is so into her.
Everyone, except for the two of them, can feel the connection between them. Reggie couldn't take it anymore and gave them a little push.

"Archie my friend" Reggie smiled as he walked to he redhead and patted his back. Veronica was only a few feet away from them, putting her books into her locker. "Doesn't Veronica look gorgeous in maroon red? Love the skirt V"

"Yeah— yeah she does. Beautiful" he mumbles, a little confused and definitely embarrassed. Reggie was so loud that everyone in the hallway heard them and turned around.

"Thank you boys. That's very sweet" Veronica smiled.

"Hey Archie wanna grabs sushi after school?" Reggie rambled on.

Archie is still very confused but he nods slowly. "Sure"

"Oh I love sushi"

"What a coincidence. Wanna come with? Yes? perfect! Oh wait I just realized I have to help my grandma with groceries after school so you two should have some sushi. Maybe V can help you with math Arch. We all know she's smart and I know that you could need a little bit of help before the test tomorrow. Yes? Yes! Perfect!"

Before Veronica or Archie could even react, Reggie disappeared in the crowd of students.

"You— you don't have to Ronnie" Archie stuttered

"I'd love to help you with math Archie and after, we can have sushi. Why not" she smiled.

That smile, the smile that made Archie's heart race and eyes shine. A quiet little chuckle leaves his mouth. "Okay. Come with me after school. I'll drive you home too"

"Perfect" she nodded.

"Oh shoot" Archie mumbles when he sees the soy sauce stain on his blanket. It makes Veronica laugh how he desperately tries to clean it up but only makes it worse. She places her hand on top of his and looks him in the eyes. "Just leave it Archiekins" she giggles. "The washing machine will probably do a better job than you"

"Yeah probably" Archie mumbles and blushes. It makes Veronica giggle again. "What's that, that you have there?" she asks and points at the piece of sushi Archie is holding with his chopsticks. "It's avocado and cream cheese and salmon"

"Mhhh, sounds good. I need to try it too"

Archie bites the inside of his lip. A million thoughts rush trough his head within a second before he moves the chopsticks with the sushi between them in front of her mouth. "Here" he smiles.