Summer love (2)

Archie straightens his dress shirt while he stares at the reflection of himself in the mirror. A little smile flashes over his face. He's going out with Veronica Lodge and he can't wait to spoil her.

"Going out Arch?"

He turns around and sees his dad lean against the doorframe.

"Mhm"

"Who's the lucky girl?"

"Veronica" he mumbles. He feels his cheeks heat up and quickly turns back so his dad won't see.

"The raven haired girl you spent all summer with?"

"That's her. I'll pick her up at 7"

"Be a gentleman Archie"

"Always dad"

•••

He stands in front of the door of Veronica's apartment. He holds flowers in one hand and a jacket in his other. There a three people who could open the door for him. Mr. Lodge, Mrs. Lodge or Veronica. He'd definitely prefer Veronica but when the door opens a raven haired man stands in front of him.

"Good evening Mr. Lodge, I'm here to pick up-"

"-Veronica, I know. Come in" Hiram says and steps aside so Archie can walk past him, into the apartment.

"Veronica is still getting ready. In the mean time you can listen to my rules. Number one and most importantly keep your hands to yourself. Number two if you hurt her I'll kill you and number three I want her home by 11 and not a second later"

"Understood Sir!" Archie says. Nervously he bites the inside of his lip.

There is an awkward silence between them until the door to Veronica's bedroom swings open. Archie smirks as she walks towards him. She's wearing a hoodie and a pair of black ripped jeans.

"Never in my life I thought I would witness Veronica Lodge wearing jeans"

"I want you to focus on my face and nothing else"

He chuckles and hands her the flowers.

"Thanks Archiekins" She hides her blushing cheeks by burring her head into the flowers before she gives them to her father. She reaches for Archie's hand and intertwines their fingers. Hiram stares at their hands but doesn't get a chance to say something because Veronica is already pulling Archie out the door.

"Bye daddy"

As soon as the door closes Archie stops walking and pulls Veronica into his chest.

"I thought I was daddy"

"Shut up Archie" she pushes him away and continues her walk to the elevator. Archie stares at her for a second. He loves teasing her. She's cute when she's annoyed.

"Stop staring at me" she giggles without turning around to him. He hurries next to her and takes her hand back into his.

"Sorry"

They walk to his truck with their hands swinging back and forth. He smiles widely and glances down to her. Her raven locks lies over her shoulder, her skin glows in the evening sun and her eyes sparkle.

"You look beautiful Ronnie" he says as he opens the car door for her. He helps her get in and feels how she squeezes his hand.

"Thank you" she giggles "but I'm just wearing a hoodie"