A trip to New York (2)

When the elevator doors open Veronica tries to be as quiet as possible. It was almost midnight and she doesn't want to wake up her parents. To her surprise her father is sitting on the couch with a cup of tea and a newspaper.

"What are you so happy about?" he asks when he sees his daughter's grinning face.

"Just found some cute dresses, daddy"

"So your mood has nothing to do with a certain red headed boy?".

Her smile fades: "How do you know?"

"Andre told me but no need to be mad at him. I forced him to tell me".

Veronica sights and puts her bags down. She walks over to her father and takes a seat next to him.

"Daddy I can explain"

"No need to mija. I want you to be happy".

"Thanks" she whispers as she leans against his shoulder.

"One condition though. I wanna meet that boy and make clear to him that if he hurts you, I will kill him"

"He'll pick me up tomorrow evening for a date. But daddy please promise me you won't scare him"

"You know I can't do that" he laughs.
He kisses her forehead and walks to the bedroom.

"Goodnight mija"

"Goodnight"

•••

When Veronica snuggled into her bed she grabs her phone. Originally to tell Betty about her day and her new boyfriend. She knew she would still be awake but when she looks at the screen she sees a text from Archie.

*Goodnight my beautiful Ronnie ❤️*

A hundred butterflies started flying around in her stomach, her cheeks turn rosy and the smile on her face grows.

*Goodnight Archiekins 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👨*

She didn't tell Betty that night. Instead she texted her boyfriend all night long. She never felt this way before. Maybe it's because they knew each other so well already or maybe because he was different from the few boys she dated before. He's sweet and caring and so down to earth. She loves that.

•••

Saturday didn't seem to end and Veronica was going crazy by waiting for her phone to say '07:00'.
Almost all day long she FaceTimed Betty and asked what to wear and how much make up to put on.

But now it's finally time. She opens the front door and Archie Andrews walks in with a bouquet of roses.

"Hi Archiekins" she whispers. She looks for her parents and then pulls him towards her when she can't see them. Their lips connect. Archie melts into the kiss and almost lets go of the flower.

"Hi Ronnie. You look beautiful"

"Than-"

"Archie Andrews" a voice says.

Veronica turns around. Her father and mother are standing in front of them.

"Would you mind coming with me for a second?"

Archie shakes his head and hands the roses to Veronica.

"No Sir".