199: The One Where Toni Dresses Like Her Parents

TONI POV:

I walk into the kitchen. "Oh my god!" I hear. I look over and see one of my parents friends. She comes over to me. "You look just like your mother." She whispers. I take a deep breath. "Who are you?" I ask quietly. "I'm Sarah! I knew your parents." I look at her. "What are you doing in my house?" I ask her. "Your girlfriend invited me over to meet you. Well, officially. I met you when you were just a baby." I look at Cheryl. "What did I tell you about doing this?" I ask slightly pissed. "Toni! Don't you want to know who your parents were?" She ask quietly. "Not at your pace!" I say fuming. "Now if you would excuse me, I'm going to go back upstairs and pretend this whole interaction didn't happen! When I come back downstairs, she's gone!" I say before going upstairs. I go into the bedroom and slam the door. I get frustrated and kick the dresser in front of me. I realize that was a mistake and grab my foot. "Ow!" I sit down on the bed.

CHERYL POV:

I walk into the bedroom. I see Toni sitting against the bed not really knowing what to do with herself. "Toni..." I close the door and sit next to her. "They died so I could live." She whispers. "I'm sorry for yelling at you earlier." She apologizes. I look at her. "Don't you want to know who they were?" I ask quietly. "I do! I... I'm... just not ready." She tells me. "You don't get it Cher!" She whispers. "I know you're trying to but you're never going to get it! And that's ok!" She says quietly. "I don't expect you to get it."

"Why do we always have to sit here?" I ask quietly as we sit in the same spot that we always do in the library. "Because! I like it here! It's our spot." Toni says quietly. I smile. "I know but you get really mad when we can't." She looks at me. "I just like it." She whispers. I notice my jacket falls off my chair. "God damnit." I whisper leaning down and grab it. I go to sit up and see some writing. "Jammie Collins + Antonio Topaz forever." I read. I sit up and look at Toni. "What?" She ask quietly. "Nothing." I say quietly. Veronica comes over. "I knew I would find you guys here!" She smiles. Toni gets up very abruptly which is a fairly normal thing that she does. "I have to use the bathroom." She says walking away. "Can I?" I nod and Veronica sits down. "Why do you guys always sit here?" She ask quietly. I take a deep breath. "I'm not 100% sure but I think I might have an idea." I say quietly. I push my chair back so she can see. "Look." I point. She moves to see the names. She looks at me. "Her parents." She whispers. "Don't mention this to Toni! I don't think she wants to talk about it." She nods. "Of course!" She says sitting up. "What about that spot in English?" She ask quietly. "I'll look into it." I say quietly. "What are you doing here?" I ask quietly. She pulls something out of her bag. "The thing I got you for your birthday finally came in." She says smiling. "Oh shit! Thank you."

Toni walks into the living room . "What's that?" She ask pointing at the painting Veronica got me. "Veronica got it for me for my birthday." I say quietly. "Your birthday was 3 months ago." I nod. "It's from Spain." She nods. "It looks cool." She says awkwardly. "What's bothering you?" I ask closing my book. "How did you find her?" She ask like she's been holding it in for a while. "Who? Sarah?" She nods. "Your aunt. She wants you to get to know your parents and she thinks I'm the only one who can get to you." I say quietly. She looks down. "I know why you always want to sit in that one spot in the library and in English." I tell her. "I'm sorry for giving you shit." She nods. "I don't want to talk about it." I nod. "Of course." She nods. "I have to get to work." She whispers. "Ok." I nod. "I'll- I'll see you later." She before leaving. I take a deep breath and finish my book until she gets home 3 hours later. She walks into the house. "How was work?" I ask. She shrugs. "Fine." I look at her. "Are you ok?" I ask quietly. "Can we talk?" She ask quietly. "Are you breaking up with me?" She shakes her head. "Than yes!" I smile. She rolls her eyes and sits next to me. "What do you want to talk about?" She looks down. "You know I hate doing this to you." I sigh. "You have to get some serpent stuff done?" She nods. "I don't know when I'm gonna be back." I nod. "I know." I whisper.

TONI POV:

I look at a picture of my mom in my truck. I quickly realize I'm wearing similar clothes. Ripped jeans, serpent jacket with a blue hoodie under it, a beanie and doc martens. I look up at the warehouse. I put the picture in my glove department and leave my truck. I walk into the warehouse and take a deep breath. "Toni Topaz!" I hear and the lights turn on. I look over. "Penny." She walks over to me. "It was great watching your parents die. Shame I didn't get to you that night too." She say smiling. "If you're gonna do anything, don't hurt Cheryl! That's all I ask!" She nods. "I won't hurt her, but I can't promise my goons will don't the same." I look at her. "Please! She doesn't deserve it." She lies her hand on my cheek. "Aww! You look just like your mother the night your parents died." I try to hold back tears. "Just make sure Cheryl stays safe." I whisper. She punches me. "Now I finally get kill you!" She says smiling.

I wake up in the hospital. "Cheryl! Where's Cheryl?!" I ask panicking. My aunt sits up. "Is she ok? Is she safe?" I ask her. "She's fine! She's with Veronica." She whispers. "What happened?" I ask quietly. "You went to clear things up with the Ghoulies, Penny nearly killed you." She whispers. "How did I get here?" I ask confused. "Cheryl had a feeling you were gonna go do something like that, she sent a few serpents after you." I take a deep breath. "Where's my jacket?" I ask sitting up. "I don't know." She whispers. "I need it!" I say. "It was mom's." She looks down and nods. "I'll make sure you get it back."

I walk into the bathroom and see how fucked up my face is. I take a deep breath. Cheryl walks in. "You still look amazing." She whispers. I turn around. "I just want my jacket back." She smiles and hands me a jacket. "Before you ask, yes the picture is in there. I made sure!" I look at her. "How did you know?" I ask confused. "I see you look at it before bed." She whispers. "If you want to-." I stop her. "I don't want to talk about my parents. It's hard to when you can't remember what happened that night." I whisper. "There's nothing to talk about Cheryl." I say quietly. "Can I pee?" She nods and walks out. I use the bathroom and walk out. "Will you ever want to talk about it?" She ask as I walk into the bedroom. "Yeah! It's just something... it's hard!" She nods. "I'm sorry, if all of my shit feels like it's overwhelming your shit! I sound like I don't care about what happened to Jason. I do! I do care!" She smiles. "I'm not mad!" She says. "You should be able to mope over Jason." I say quietly. "I know I don't talk about my parents but if you need to talk about Jason, I'll listen." I tell her. "Do you want to talk about it?" I ask quietly. "I don't really need to right now." I nod. "You hungry?" I ask smiling. "Yeah!" She smiles.

Cheryl and I walk into Pops. "Oh my god! Toni your face!" Veronica says in shock. "Sure! Announce it to the whole restaurant!" I say sarcastically. "I'm sorry." She says looking at my face. "What do you guys want?" She ask as we both sit down at the counter. "My usual." Cheryl says quietly. "Toni?" I look at Veronica. "You never have a usual." She smiles. "A milkshake and chicken fingers." I say smiling. "What kind?" She ask quietly. "What kind of what?" I ask confused. "Milkshake!" I sit up. "Chocolate with whipped cream." She nods. "Oh and some Caramel sauce!" I smile. Veronica walk into the kitchen. "You ok?" Cheryl ask rubbing my shoulder. "Yeah! I'm just tired." She nods. "Ok. How's your face?" She ask quietly. "Fine, it's my ribs!" I say quietly. She kisses my cheek.