106: The One With The Quiet Girl

CHERYL POV:

Toni's pretty quiet. Not really social. But social enough to keep herself from being picked on. I don't think she's like this intentionally. Knowing Toni this isn't by choice. "Cheryl!" I hear my name from behind me. It's Toni. "Pops?" She ask nervously. "Tomorrow!" She finishes. "Yeah. I'll pick you up." She answers for me. "I didn't answer." I smile. "Oh sorry." She laughs nervously. "Pops sounds great! 7?" She nods.

"You seem nervous. What's wrong?" I ask quietly. "Nothing." She says quietly. "Toni..." I take her hand. "Family stuff." She whispers playing with my hands. "Tell me about it." I ask her. "My mom just got thrown in jail a few months ago. I'm taking care of my brother who's 6 and my dad he's not taking any of this well." She confesses. "It's ok. Like it's not ok that your mom was thrown in jail and stuff! That sucks. But, it's ok that you're going through stuff and you're willing to talk about it. I get it. I haven't talked to my mother in years. She helped kill my brother." She looks up at me. We've been friends for a while. Mostly just in school, not really out of school. Which means we don't really know a lot about our personal lives. She puts the pieces together. Her hand goes over her mouth and her eyes go wide. "You're THE Cheryl Blossom?!" She ask in a whisper yells. "The one and only. Well maybe not only. But in Riverdale yes."

TONI POV:

"This is my brother." I motion to her brother. "Tommy. Can you say hello to Cheryl?" I ask quietly. He looks at Cheryl. "H-Hello." He whispers. "Bud where's papa?" I ask looking around. As soon as I ask that he walks out of the bathroom. "Hey sweetheart!" He smiles nervously. "Who's this?" He ask quietly. "Cheryl, she's the girl I telling you about this." I whisper. "Oh! Hi, I'm Antonio." He shakes Cheryl's hand. "It's nice to meet you Mr. Topaz." She smiles. "Well! We're going to go up to my room. Are you ok with Tommy?" I ask quietly. "Yeah. Just don't do anything crazy up there. I let you have to upstairs to yourself I don't want to take that away." I nod and we go upstairs. "You have this to yourself?" Cheryl ask quietly. "Yeah there isn't really much up here and since it's just my dad he just sleeps downstairs in the room next to Tommy." I answer nervously. "Can you take off your shoes? I have a problem with them in my room." I ask interrupting our conversation. She nods and takes them off. "I thought your father wasn't really involved?" She looks around my room. "He's on antidepressants that have him completely out of it most of the day." I tell her. "I'm sorry about that." She walks over to me. "At least he's in my life and isn't a total dick. He's trying as hard as possible to be the best father. I'm worried about him. He won't even talk about mom." I rant. I realize she doesn't need to hear this and apologize. "I'm sorry." She kisses me. "It's ok." I smile. I kiss her again, we lie down on the bed. Cheryl on top of me. I move my hands up her shirt. She stops me immediately. "Sorry." She sits up. "We don't have to do anything. You can go home if you want to." She shakes her head. "Do you just want to watch tv and relax?" She lies next to me. I turn on the Tv and we watch Friends. "You don't have a lot of stuff in your room." She whispers. "Yeah. I don't want a lot of stuff." I look at her. "What do you mean?" She ask quietly. "If I have a lot of stuff I get disorganized which causes me to have anxiety. The room next to me I use as storage." I whisper. I play with my blanket nervously. "You don't need to be nervous." She whispers. "I'm not, it's just everything that could go wrong is running through my head. I'm fine, it's fairly normal." I whisper. My palms are sweating, my heart is racing and it's really hard to breathe. Cheryl cups my cheek. "Hey. I look at me." I look at her about to cry. "If this is to much just tell me and I can go home." I shake my head and lie into her not knowing what else to do.

I wake up to my alarm. I start to move but I realize my arm is stuck. I look at see Cheryl. We must have fallen asleep last night. "Five more minutes." She pulls me closer. I look at the time. "I have to get up." I whisper. "But I'm tired." She whispers. "Tommy has school today." I whisper. "Ok. But come back." I kiss her. I go and get Tommy ready for school and on the bus. "Is Cheryl still here?" Dad ask out of no where. "Yeah. She slept overnight. Nothing really happened we just watch tv."  I whisper. "Well go back up there and if anything happens please keep it quiet and don't tell me!"  I go upstairs. I walk over to Cheryl. "Can we talk about us?" I ask quietly. She nods. "We've been going out a lot lately. Where's are we going from here?" I ask nervously playing with something on my desk. "Well, do you want to more than this?" She ask making me look at her. "Can we?" She kisses me slowly. "Of course."