27: The One With The Break

TONI POV:

"Cheryl I'm sorry!" I run after Cheryl. "No! I can't do this! You messed up!" She takes a step back. "I'm sorry. I can't do this, I think we should take a break." She walks away. "Cheryl!" She doesn't even look back. I go back into Pops and sit down at the counter. "What was that?" Veronica ask as she walks behind the counter. "I told Cheryl that I loved her. I guess she wasn't ready to hear it." I say sadly. "She's never had someone to love since her brother died, she loves you more than you know. Trust me, when I got back from the trip to the lodge I ask how her weekend was and all she talked about is you and that she had a massive crush on you. She also said she was in love with you, she cares a lot about you. You know how Cheryl can be, she doesn't know how to express herself emotionally." Veronica is right. "Give her a day or two." She hands me a milkshake. "You're right. I'll see you tomorrow." I get up. "Wait do you want your milkshake?" I turn around. "Not really. I'm not hungry." I walk out and drive home. I walk into my trailer. "Fangs! Put some pants on. Or go to your room." He covers himself. "Sorry." He looks at me nervously. His face turns red. "Can you stop being a horny teenager for a minute." I say in frustration. "What's wrong?" He ask. "Nothing. I'll be in my room." I walk to my room and slam the door. I lie on my bed face in the pillow and start crying. I hear the door slowly open it. "Toni." I feel a soft hand on the back of my leg. "Toni." I recognize that voice. "What do you want?" I ask muffled through the pillow. "To help you." I sit up. "What happened?" I look at my mom. "I told Cheryl that I love her." She rubs my back. "I'm sorry. She got mad I'm guessing?" I nod. "give her a few days to sort out her feelings."

"Cheryl." I walk up to Cheryl. "I love you too." She closes her locker. "What?" I ask quietly. "I love you Toni Topaz." She cups my cheek. "No one has ever really said that to me and I didn't know what to do. I'm sorry, if you hate me it's ok." I kiss her in excitement. "Really?!" She nods. I pick her up and spin her around. "I love you Cheryl." She kisses me. "Do you want to finish that date later?" I ask. "I can't. My mother, she grounded me because I yelled at her last night." She closes her locker. "I'll see you tomorrow baby." She says walking away. Something is not right. I walk to my next class and sit next to Fangs. "Why couldn't you do that in your room, we are letting you stay there, can you pretend to care?" I say frustrated. "Ok, what is bothering you? You're never this pissed off." I take a deep breath. "Nothing, I'm fine!" The teacher looks up. "Ms. Topaz, please be quiet." I nod and go back to my work. "Is it Cheryl?" Fangs ask quietly. "No!" I whisper yell. "I don't want to talk about it right now."

"Toni, you shouldn't be here." Cheryl opens her window to her room. "I know that's why I am." I smile. "Can you let me it's cold." She nods and lets me in. "What are you doing here?" I kiss her quickly. "I was worried about you. Like usual." I say quietly. She pulls me into a heated kiss our clothes already getting on the floor and we end up on the bed. I kiss down her body. "Toni..." Cheryl lets out a gasp.