134: The One Where They Adopt a Kid pt: 2

TONI POV:

"Mom." She smiles. "You look just like your father." She tries to walk over to me. "Get off my property." I say trying not to kill her right here right now. "Why the fuck are you here?" I ask pissed. "I got out!" She smiles. "I don't want you near me. If you don't leave I'm calling the police in 2 minutes." I whisper. "I'm not leaving." She says. "Ok." I smile and immediately call the police. "Hi, yes. My mother who pretty much abandoned me 13 years ago is in my private property after I've told her to leave multiple times."

"Bye bitch!" I sarcastically wave her goodbye. "Fuck you!" She yells. "Yeah! I would fuck me too!" I say flipping her off. She gets carted away. I turn around and close the door. "You're oddly happy." Cheryl ask quietly. "I fucking hate her!" I yell. "I'm getting a restraining order." I say. "Where's Alex?" I ask quietly. "Bathroom." She whispers. I take a deep breath. "You ok?" She ask quietly. I shake my head. "I'm gonna go upstairs. I don't want to think right now."

"I didn't want to kill your father Toni." I look at my mother who's now back behind a glass in jail. "So why did you do it?" I ask quietly. "He was a dangerous man." I look at her confused. "Dad wouldn't hurt a fly." I whisper. "He did, it was hit job to go and kill people." I shake my head. "Do don't believe you." I whisper. "You're insane." I add. "So what if I am? I didn't kill him. I might have helped but I didn't do it." She whispers. "Why was he killed in the first place?!" I ask pissed off. "He was having an affair." I shake my head. "You're full of shit, maybe I would be believe you if you hadn't changed your story 5 times already." I whisper. "I hope you die in here. It'll be funny if the same fate happened to you." I put the phone down and leave.

"You ok mommy?" Alex ask quietly. I nod. "Yeah." I whisper. "Where were you today?" She ask quietly. "I had to deal with, your grandmother." I whisper. "What's that?" She ask quietly. "My mother, it makes her your grandmother. But we don't like her, she hurt people." I whisper. He nods. "Can you tell me the story?" He ask quietly. "Which one?" I smile. "About the day you took me home." He smiles. Yes he knows he's adopted because he looks like neither of us at all. So we didn't really have to do much explaining. "Well, we signed the paper work, we brought you home! Panicked a bit because we thought you hated mom, mostly because I hogged you and you bonded with me. Every time she held you, you would cry and cry and cry!" I explain. "You never wanted to take me back?" I shake my head. "Nope! Maybe when you're older I'll think about it but we'll never do that because you're my son no matter what!" I whisper. He giggles. "Was mommy ever able to hold me?"

I sit next to Cheryl and steal popcorn from her. "What movie is this?" I ask quietly. "One of the Star Wars movies, Alex wanted to watch it." She whispers. Alex notices I'm here and sits on my lap. "I'm his favorite." I mouth. She just rolls her eyes. We watch the movie and Alex falls asleep on me. "He's my favorite kid." I whisper. "He's our only kid." Cheryl smiles. "Speaking of. Do you want another kid?" She ask quietly. "No..." I trail off. "Not- not right now!" I add. "I'm just not ready." I whisper. She nods. "Good. Maybe later." I nod. I hold Alex and rub his back. "I'm still surprised they let us adopt him." I whisper. "You were a teenager and most of the arrest were because of your mom." She whispers. "Also none of them were Felonies and all were minor charges." I nod. "I have that DUI." I whisper. "Yeah, that was your fault." She whispers. I look at Alex. "He's so cute."

5 years later

I watch Alex eat yet another burger. "You sure he was adopted?" I whisper to Cheryl. She takes the plate away from him. "Ok! We're done!" She smiles. "One more!" He says quietly. "Bud, you've had 5 already!" I whisper. "One more!" He says. "Fine!" I say. "No!" Cheryl says. I get him another burger. "Fine! But if you get sick I'm not helping you that's mom's job." She whispers.

2 years later

"Happy birthday!" Cheryl and Alex yell. I put my bag on the kitchen table. Alex runs up to me and hugs me. "You ok?" Cheryl ask quietly. "Yeah! Actually, I just didn't expect this." I say quietly. "I'm getting old." I whisper. "We all are." She kisses me. "I have a surprise upstairs after he goes to bed!" She whispers in my ear. "Ok!" I smile. "Also we have to go to Pop's for your party." She smiles. "That explains why Alex is all dressed up." I smile. "I have to go take a shower though." She nods and I go take a shower. Once I'm done we go to Pop's and have a party. "Have you talked to Cheryl about the plan?" Fangs ask quietly. "What?" I look at Cheryl who's talking to Veronica. "Have you talked to her about the plan?" He ask again. "Ok, if I didn't smell like oil and grease, I would have been rushed out the door! We decided to buy the place today. I haven't had time!" I insist. "Buy what?" Betty walks behind the counter. "Nothing!" We both say. "You guys are thinking about buying the auto shop!" She smiles. "After my father died he left it to my sister but she doesn't want it, so I'm trying to buy it off." Fangs explains. "And you?" Betty looks at me. "I've worked there the longest to we are going to co-own it." She nods. "And you haven't told Cheryl?" I shake my head. "We decided to do it today and I was pretty much rushed out the door and I didn't want to talk about it in front of Alex." I whisper. "I think she knows this is coming though." I add.

"You're buying the auto shop?" Cheryl ask not knowing how to think about it. "We have the money and Fangs can't do it alone!" I try to argue but she doesn't really let me. "You should do it." I stop. "W-what?" I look at her confused. "Do it!" She says. "I think it'll be great! There will be some moments that you will question if this is the right thing to do, but it is worth it." She whispers. "You sure?" I ask quietly. "Are you?" I shake my head. "I want to do it but I don't know if it's the right thing." I whisper. "This is the right thing! It might not feel like it now, even if everything falls apart it's the right thing!" She tells me. "Do it, we have the money and honestly if it falls apart we'll be fine financially!" I nod. "Ok, I'll talk to Fangs." I whisper. "This is gonna work." She smiles. There's a knock on the door. "Come in!" I say. Alex walks into our room. "What's up bud?" Cheryl ask quietly. "I had a weird dream." He whispers holding back tears. I pick him up and help him on the bed. "You ok?" He shrugs. "Can you tell us what it's about?" I ask quietly. "It's really weird." He says. "Ok? I had a dream once that I was in space fighting a dragon!" He smiles. "A bunch of tiny clowns were chasing me trying to make me eat a hotdog." He whispers. I look at him. "What?" I ask confused. "I told you it was weird!" He says. "Yeah, but it's ok." I tell him. "I think fighting a dragon in space is better!" He smiles. "No!" Cheryl butts in. "I had one that I was stuck inside a Mario Kart  game because mom here, didn't stop playing for a week!" She says. "Wait really?" I ask. She nods. "I kicked Mario's butt." She smiles. "See, we all have weird dreams! Some of us more than others but it happens and it's ok." Cheryl explains. "You feel better now?" I ask. He nods. "Ok."