191: The One Where The Blossoms Are Decent People

The Blossoms are decent people

CHERYL POV:

"So you're not gonna marry Archie?" Mom ask quietly. I shake my head. "I thought you guys were cute." She smiles. "I'm not mad! If you're happy with Toni, than I'm more than happy for you." She says quietly. I smile. "When do I get to meet this Toni?" She ask quietly. "Well, you have. At the fair last year. We weren't together yet." I explain. She smiles. "Oh! That Toni! She seams sweet." She whispers. "How long have you guys been together?" She ask smiling. "A few months." I say quietly. "That explains all the sneaking around." She says quietly.

I walk into Toni's trailer. "Toni!" I yell excitedly. "What?" She ask popping her head out of the bathroom. "So! I came out to my mom." I looks at me. "And clearly you weren't burned alive." She whispers. "And?" She ask quietly. "She wants to meet us for dinner." I say quietly. She smiles. "If your dad wants to come he can." She looks at me. "Cheryl, I don't live with him for a reason." I take a deep breath. "I forgot. I'm sorry." She smiles. "It's ok! How about I'll bring my brother. He's 27 so he won't act like a 16 year old." She smiles. I pull her into a kiss. "You ok?" She ask quietly. I just rap my arms around her. "I wish Jason was here." She nods. "I know." She whispers kissing the top of my head. "Now trying to ruin the mope party but, I was about to jump into the shower because if you haven't noticed, I just got back from work and I'm clearly covered in sweat and grease. So unless you want to join me you need to let me take my shower." I look at her. "Would you mind if I joined?" She smiles. "Not at all." She says pulling me into the bathroom.

I roll over and look at Toni. She smiles. "What?" She ask quietly. "I love you." I whisper for the first time. She sits up on her elbow. "I love you too." She whispers. I pull her into a kiss. "Round 2?" She ask quietly. I look at the time. "I promised Betty I would meet her for dinner at Pops in 20 minutes." I whisper. "Can't you meet her another time?" She ask. "Yeah, we can also have sex another time." She nods. "Fair enough." She says before lying back down on her back. "Text me when you get there because I still don't trust the people on the south side not to try and kill you." Toni says quietly. "Of course." I smile getting dressed. I kiss her one last time before leaving and heading to Pops. Betty and I talk for a while. "I was supposed to text Toni when I got here!" I interrupt her. "You can't let her do that." She says. "What?" I ask confused. "She constantly wants to know where you are! It's controlling."
I smile. "Betty, she doesn't care where I go! She just wants to make sure I get where I meant to safe!" I explain. She nods. "She only really cares when I leave her trailer. Because she doesn't trust everyone else." I say quietly.

I walk into Toni's room. "You're back." She says smiling. I walk over to her and on the bed next to her. "Isn't your mom expecting you?" She ask quietly. "Now that she actually knows what I do when I'm not home, I just told her that I would be here." She smiles. "You sure she was ok with you being gay?"she ask quietly. "She's probably still in shock and honestly I don't expect her to get it right away! But she doesn't hate me." I say shrugging a bit. "I think she was a bit relieved though. Because she thought I was dating Archie because I used him as a cover and I think she was scared I was gonna end up pregnant or something." She laughs quietly pulling me on top of her. "Did you just lie in bed the whole time I was gone?" I ask quietly. "Yeah, not on purpose I was reading and fell asleep. After that I just didn't feel like moving, than you came back so here we are."

TONI POV:

"What if she doesn't like me?" I ask quietly. "She will. Just don't mention the fact you're a serpent because that's too much of a shock for her right now. She just found out that her only daughter was gay and has a girlfriend so she doesn't need more of a shock. Also don't mention that I am too she doesn't need to know that, ever." Cheryl says fixing my tie. I take a deep breath. "Anything else I shouldn't bring up?" I ask quietly. She looks at me and takes a deep breath. "I won't bring that up. I know it's hard and I don't really know what happened that day. I just heard the gun shot." I whisper. She nods. "I know that and the police know that. But my mom doesn't and honestly she doesn't want to be reminded about what happened to Jason." She whispers. I nod. "How do you feel about everything?" I ask. "Jason has been died for almost 3 years and there's nothing I can do about it." She says quietly. I look at her. "I just have to push through." I nod. "We're running late, we should head out." She nods and we leave.

CHERYL POV:

"I'll talk to you later." I whisper to Toni. She smiles. "I'll call you when I get home." She says kissing me. I nod. "You ok?" She ask quietly. "Yeah." I nod. She kisses me again and leaves. I close the door and go into the kitchen. "I like her." Mom says quietly. I look at her. "She's sweet." She adds. I smile a little. "Also next time you talk or see her, can you apologize for the whole gluten thing?" I nod. "Yeah! I should have said something before you made an entire cake." I say quietly. She nods.