185: The One Where Cheryl Wrecks Her Knee

CHERYL POV:

I open my eyes to see Alice Cooper and Toni. "What happened?" I ask quietly. "You wrecked your knee at Cheer practice." Alice says quietly. "You just got out of surgery." I take a deep breath. "Do you want me to call your mom?" She ask quietly. "No, there's a reason I had them call you."

I walk into my room. "How you feeling?" Betty ask quietly. "Better now that I can kinda walk around." She nods. "I feel like I need to pay you guys back." I say lying on the bed. "It's ok, you're family now so it's ok." I look at her. "You sure?" She nods. "Mom might not be happy but, It's ok." She says smiling. "Also mom really likes you. You know, since Toni can't get you pregnant." I smile. "She's been pretty paranoid since Polly and Jason." I take a deep breath. "I'm tired." I look at her. "I'm gonna sleep." I say quietly. "Ok." We both hear a motorcycle pull up to the house. "I think Toni is here." She says quietly. "Yeah, just send her here?" Betty nods walking out. I lie back on the bed. Toni comes in a few minutes later. "Hey beautiful." She smiles. I look at her. "Hey baby." I smile. "How's the knee?" She ask quietly. "I can't really tell." I say quietly. "Meds working?" I nod. "Good." She smiles. She lies next to me. "I brought you a bear." She whispers and handing me a stuffed bear. "What are you gonna name it?" She ask quietly. I smile. "Eddy." I say quietly. She looks at me confused. "Eddy the Teddy." She sighs. "You're so high." I look at her and nod. "Meds are great." I smile. She kisses my cheek. "Alice must be freaking out about the hospital bills." She says quietly. "Yeah, she'll probably throw the bill in Penelope's face." She nods. I look at her. "Have you talked to your mom?" She ask quietly. "She's not legally my mother anymore." I say quietly. "She's still your mom, Cher." She whispers. "I haven't talked to her and I don't plan on talking to her anytime soon. She was a horrible person who deserves to rot in hell!" She nods. "Yeah! You're right!" She whispers. She pulls me closer. "What are we gonna do about prom?" I ask changing the subject. "Well, we can dance awkwardly! Or since it's our Junior prom we can just do something here and hope you don't decide to wreck your knee 2 days before a competition and a week before prom." She explains. I smile. "We can go next year. I'm not running for prom queen or anything so it's fine." She smiles. "I love you." I whisper. She looks at me and smiles. "I love you too baby."

"I'm so sorry Cheryl." Toni says panicking. "Toni! My car is fine! We're both ok! It wasn't a bad car accident! The person behind just went to far forward! No one was hurt! The only reason we are here is because of my knee!" I explain to her. It's been a month since my surgery and we got into a small car accident. Toni did somehow break her pinky. I think when she was throwing her arm across me she hit her hand against the door. Alice walks into the hospital room. "Mrs. Cooper! I'm so sorry." I groan. "Toni! We've been over this! I'm ok!" I tell her. Alice looks at me. "You're ok? I just need to sign you out?" I nod. She nods. "Cool let's go home. Your car ok?" She ask. "Yeah the other car got most of the damage." I explain. Toni helps me into the wheelchair I'm using and we leave the hospital. Once we finally get home I go to my room and Toni still looks thrown off from everything. "Toni! Calm down! Everyone is ok!" I whisper. She nods. "It's just, I know how much that car means to you." I smile. "Toni there's a few dents and scratches on the car! They can all be fixed and they are being fixed as we speak." I whisper. I pull her into a kiss. "How's your knee?" She ask quietly. "Fine." I whisper. I look at Toni. "You sure?" I nod. "How's your pinky of all things?" I ask quietly. "Fine. It's gonna be hard to have sex for a bit but we haven't really done anything since you're surgery." I smile. "We can do something right now." I say quietly. She smiles biting her lip. "I'm down." She smiles.

I slowly walk into the kitchen. It's been 3 months since my surgery and I now get to walk around like an idiot with a cane for the next 6 months. "Hey Cheryl!" Alice says pouring some coffee. "Hey." I say quietly sit down at the table. "How's your knee?" She ask quietly. "Fine, the stairs are getting easier." I say quietly. She smiles. "That's great!" She says as Betty comes downstairs. "Hey mom." I look up.  She sits down in front of me. Alice hands us both our medication and some water. I take my stupid medication and we eat breakfast. I get up slowly. "I need a ride. Toni still doesn't trust herself in the car with me even though we're both perfectly fine." I explain. Betty looks at me. "Where?" She ask says. "Ah... school." I say quietly. "It's Saturday." She says confused. "Yeah, and I have detention because Mr. Honey has watched the Breakfast Club one to many times." I explain. She nods. "What did you do to get detention?" Alice ask. "I hit to many people with my cane to push them out of the way." I say. "Yeah, they probably deserve that." I nod. "Go and pretend like you have changed." She says quietly.

I walk out of the school and see Betty and Toni talking. I walk over to them. "Hey babe." Toni says pulling me into a kiss. "Meet you guys at Pops?" She ask quietly. "Yeah!" She smiles and kisses me before going to her bike. Betty and I get in the car. "Thanks for letting me stay with you and your mom." I say quietly. I look at her. "You don't have to do this." I add. "Cheryl, you're my cousin and your mother was abusive. We didn't have a choice." She explains. We pull up to Pops and we go inside.