35: The One Where Cheryl Becomes A Serpent

TONI POV:

Cheryl and I have been dating for a while, she still doesn't know that I'm becoming a serpent. She hates them. "Don't tell Cheryl I'm doing this." I whisper to Sweet Pea. "Aren't you suppose to be on a date with her?" He ask quietly. "Yeah after this. So let's make this quick." I say quietly.

"Where have you been?" Cheryl ask. She sees my face. "What happened?" She holds my face. "Nowhere you need to worry about." I cup her cheeks. "Toni, tell me what happened." She whispers. "I live on the Southside of this town, what do you think happened?" Her face drops. "You didn't join the serpents right?" She ask. I shake my head. "No." I lie. "So our date?" I ask quietly. "I know we had plans, but I'm not really feeling well, do you just want to order a pizza and watch a movie?" She ask. "Yeah." I whisper. We go inside, Cheryl orders a pizza and we sit on the couch and watch the office. I hold her closer than usual because I know that once she finds out she'll break up with me. The door bell rings and she gets up, she pays for the pizza and walks back over to me. We both scarf down the pizza and watch tv for longer. She slowly drifts off for sleep. I hate the fact that everything is going to change soon.

"I have to cancel tonight." I look at Fangs who's made me call Cheryl and cancel our date. "Toni, What's gotten into you?"  Cheryl ask pissed off. "I'm sorry, it's my uncle. I have to go, I'll talk to you at school tomorrow." I hang up before she says anything else. "Why are you doing this to me?" I ask. "Look, I don't want to do this either, but we have to." He get the shipment of Jingle Jangle out if the truck. We bring it into the what seams to be a abandon where house. "Toni Topaz. Wellcome hell." Penny walks over us. She pulls out a gun and shoots me. Like if you're going to do it wait a minute and make me trust you, or torture me. You know? Don't just shoot someone, that's stupid.

"You're a serpent?" Cheryl ask quietly. "I'm sorry." I apologize. Somehow I survived Penny shooting me. "I don't care." She sits on the side of the bed. "What? I thought you hated the serpents." I question. God this girl confuses me. "I don't hate all the serpents, I hate FP for help covering up my brothers death." She takes my hand. "Do I like you joining the serpents? No but I can't stop you from making the final decision." She lies down next to me. "I love you." I smile to myself. "I love you." I whisper back. It wasn't like the movies, but in the best way possible. It wasn't this built up moment it and it wasn't really after a long fight. Like it kinda was but not really. It just happened and it was amazing. I kiss the top of her head. "I'm sorry if I made you upset from joining the serpents. It's in my family legacy." I whisper. "I know. You could have talked to me." I hold her closer. "I know, I should have and I'm sorry about that." I whisper.