104: The One At The Park

TONI POV:

I walk closer to Cheryl. "It's ok." I whisper. She nods and walks into the water more. "It's ok. I promise." I take her hands. She steps closer. "See." I smile. "It's ok." She smiles. "Come here." I pull her closer and kiss her. "Are you sure you're ok?" I ask quietly. "Yeah." She smiles. I think she's trying to convince herself that. "We can get out if you need to." I suggest. She just shakes her head. "No. I need to step out of my comfort zone." She whispers. "Ok." I smile.

Yeah. The whole "stepping out of my comfort zone" thing didn't last long. A fish touched the back of her leg and she ran. "Cheryl?" She looks at me and smiles. "Yeah babe?" I move some hair behind her ear. "I love you." I whisper to her. She grins. "I wanted to be the first person to say that in this relationship." She laughs a little. "Also I love you too." She kisses me. I slowly take her hand. "How's the college hunt going?" She ask quietly. "Every where I applied denied me." I answer her. "I'm sorry." She rubs my cheek. "I really wanted to be the first person in my family to go to college. I don't even want to graduate! Well I do, but you know what I mean." She smiles. "Maybe you should apply to a school for photography." I shake my head. "No. I haven't touched my camera since the incident." I say unclear about the details.

Cheryl walks into the kitchen with a envelope and places it in front of me. "Toni. It's college."