10: The One A Year Later

TONI POV:
"Cheryl, what's up?" I ask. I noticed she wasn't paying attention to the movie. She paused the movie. "It's been a year. Since JJ died." She looks at me. "Cheryl..." I cup her face. "It's just hard." I nod. "I get it." Her face lightens up like she's never heard that before. "Really?" She ask softly. I nod. "Yeah. I lost my mom a few years ago. And my dad is a alcoholic. I know what it's like to lose someone important." I tell her. She sits up. "How did your mom die? If you don't mined me asking." She ask. I don't usually talk about it, only Sweet Pea knows. "If I tell you, can it not leave this room?" She nods. I don't know why, it's not bad. I just don't like being  is reminded. "My father was never the best to her. She finally had enough. I think you know what happened next. My father kicked me out, moved to greendale. I was homeless and Sweet Pea found me and introduced me to the serpents and FP. I get how you feel. I know it's hard and you'll get through it because I love you." Holy shit. That just slipped out. She looks at me. "What?" I look up at her and take a deep breath. "I love you, Cheryl Blossom." I take her hand. She smiles. "I love you." I pull her into a kiss. She cups my cheek and kisses back. I deepen the kiss and pull her on top of me. I never thought my first would be in a hotel in Ohio.

"Ready to go?" I ask grabbing her jacket. She walks over to me and cups my cheek. "Thank you for last night." She says softly. I smile. I look into her eyes. "Anytime babe." She kisses me. Before I can kiss back she takes her jacket and bag and walks out. I turn off the light, grab my stuff and walk out. "Where today?" I shrug. "Somewhere." I get on the bike. She laughs and gets on, raps her arms around me and I drive off.

After weeks of traveling around the country we made it to California. "Toni, can I give you something?" She ask. I nod. She stands up and grabs her bag. She pulls out a box. "It's a promise ring. I got it when we were in Boston. I don't know how I kept it from you so long." She gives it to me. "I love you, and it's only been a few months but I want to make a promise that I will love you forever. Will you?"  I kiss her. "Of course." She takes the ring a put it on my finger. I kiss her again. "Thank you." She kisses back. "Just shut up and kiss me." I kiss her again. She deepens the kiss.

"I'll go talk to them." She gets up and walks into pops. I can't help but stare at her ass. I can't believe I have her. I'm the happiest person in the world right now. I'm so happy I met her. You know what? I'm going to marry her one day and it's going to me amazing. "Babe." I look at her not even realizing she came back. "What?" I ask. She cups my cheek. "Whatcha thinking about?" She ask, I smile. "How much I love you." She kisses me. "Let's go home." She gets on the bike. "I love you too." I drive off. Once we pull in I help her off the bike. "We have one more day until we have to get Nana Rose." She looks back at the house and raps her arms around my neck. "Let's make the most of it." I grab her hips a kiss her. We walk into the house, drop our bags and go upstairs losing our clothes on the way. "Wait." She stops me as we lie in her bed. "What?" I sit up. "I kinda just want to cuddle. I'm tired." I nod and lie next to her. I rub her arm. "You ok? I can tell when it more than what your saying Cheryl." I ask. She looks down and plays with my hand. "Just being home and at Pops reminded me of what happened to me with Nick." I cup her cheek and wipe her tears. "It's ok. You should probably see someone who've been through hell the past year. I talked to Nana Rose, she thinks it would be good." She looks at me like I just told her the worst thing ever. "You talked to her?" She sits up. "Why? I don't need help. I have you." I shake my head. "Cheryl, I never said you needed help! I said you need to talk to someone, who isn't me. After what happened with your brother and-." She stops me. "You don't need to remind me." I smile sadly and place my hand on her shoulder. She knows she needs to see someone it's just she won't. It's probably because of what happened at The Sisters. "At least think about it. Come on we have a party to get ready for tomorrow."