157: The One Where Toni Get Out of Jail

TONI POV:

Cheryl walks downstairs. "Hey!" I smile. She runs over and hugs me. "When did you get back?" She ask quietly. "About an hour ago." I whisper. I notice an uneasiness about her. "What?" I ask quietly. She looks down. "Cheryl! What?!" I ask making her look at me.

I walk into Fangs and Sweet Pea's house. "Where is he?" I ask Sweet Pea. "Room." I go in and see Fangs asleep on his bed. "He was fine up until about a week ago." Sweet Pea whispers. "What do you mean?" I ask quietly. "He was happy, staying up all hours of the night, energetic! He was a little bit more happier than usual but I honestly thought he was smoking weed again." He explains. I sigh. "He hasn't gotten out of bed?" He nods. I sit next to Fangs. "Bud. It's me Fangs." I whisper. "You know, you're sister." I say quietly. "Get out!" He says pissed. "You ok?" I ask quietly. "I'm fine! Get the fuck out of my god damn room!" He yells. "Do you want anything to eat?" I ask ignoring him completely. "No! Fuck off!" I take a deep breath. "I'll get you a sandwich." I get up and walk out. I close the door. "What is wrong with him?" Sweet Pea ask. "Ah, I don't know, but our mom was bipolar and if he's been fine until now I think it might be that. I could be wrong." He looks at me. "So he's gonna be happy and sad? So what? I don't blame him we live in such a dump." He whispers. "He could end up suicidal." I tell him. "So we hide the knives and drugs until he perks up again!" He says. "Or! Just throwing it out there. We bring him to a doctor and get him checked out. Just a concept!" I say slightly pissed. "Fine! We'll take him when he gets a little better. But I can't even get him up to take a piss. I honestly think if he's in bed much longer he's gonna get a kidney infection or just piss the bed like last time." I look at Sweet Pea. "Last time?" I ask quietly. "Yeah! When you were gone he was fine for a while and than this happened. I didn't think any of it until now." I nod. "I'm home for 5 minutes!" I push him back and start to walk out. "How was jail by the way?" He ask quietly. "Better the second time." I say quietly. "No ankle monitor this time!" I nod. "Yeah! Still on parole though so I'll see you to smoke all the pot on the world in about 3 months."

Cheryl is asleep but I'm still awake staring up at the ceiling. "Go to sleep!" Cheryl whispers. "This bed is to comfortable." I whisper. "Sleep on the floor." She looks at me. "I haven't slept in the same bed with you for the first time in 2 years. Even though honestly I was more excited about eating food that was actually edible." I look at her. "Did you get all your meds?" She ask quietly. "I'm alive right?" She smiles. "Didn't really need them. Weirdly enough my depression got better. Seeing you every weekend kept me sane." I tell her. There's a pounding on the door. "It's 2 o'clock in the morning! Who the fuck is at our door?" I get up. "Sweet Pea maybe." I whisper. I go downstairs to the door and open it. "You can't call?" I ask quietly. "My phone died I've been trying to call Fangs for an hour now. I don't know where he went. He was feeling a lot better, I mentioned going to see someone. He said he was gonna take a shower and jumped out of the window." I sigh. I look back at Cheryl. "Go find your brother. If your parole officer comes by I'll tell them your out looking for him." I nod. "I'll call her. I need to get dressed. Come in." I walk into the house. "Do you know where my phone is?" I ask Cheryl. She hands it to me. I call my PO. "Hello?" She ask quietly. "Hi this is Toni. My brother had a bit on a emotional breakdown and kinda went AWOL, I know I was supposed to come by today but I need to find him." I explain. "Come by first thing tomorrow morning and I will consider not putting you in jail." I nod. "Thanks."

I walk into my parole officer's office. "Toni?" I nod. "Yeah. I'm sorry about yesterday." She nods. "Is your brother ok?" She ask quietly. "I don't- I don't know. We haven't ah... found him yet." I tell her. "I'm sorry about yesterday. I know you probably get excuses like that every hour of everyday. Trust me! My last parole officer told me." She nods. "You've been in and out of jail. Trust me! I'm looking at your file now." I nod. "Yeah, being black, gay and the south side of this town wasn't the best for me." I whisper. "You don't want to hear my pity." She hands me a cup. "I don't really want to but I get it." I look at her. "Come on." I sigh and we go into the bathroom. I pee and she checks it. "You going to your AA meetings?" I nod. "First one is tomorrow." She writes it down. "Well, have fun looking for your brother. If you can't get here. You seem to be one to follow your parole so call me if you're not able to show up but I will make you come in the next day. I'll see you next week!" I nod. "Thank you." I whisper. "Of course." I leave and go find Fangs. "Where else could he be?" I ask Sweet Pea. "Did he take a car or something?" I ask quietly. "He look my truck." He tells me. My phone starts ringing. "Toledo Sheriff's department?" I whisper. "Fuck!" I look at Sweet Pea. "Pick it up!" I nod. "Hello?" I ask quietly. "Hi I'm John Tharp the Sheriff of Toledo and I have your brother Fangs Fogerty. I'm honestly don't know what to do with him. I need you to pick him up, we can't release him unless you or another family member can get him home." I sigh. "I'll get him." I whisper and hang up. "How the fuck did he end of in Ohio?" I whisper. "They won't release him if I'm not there." I say quietly. "Do you mind if we stop at home?" I ask quietly. "Yeah." He nods. I drive off and head to the house. I walk in. "You're not in jail!" Cheryl says. "Yeah! But ah... I'm gonna be in Ohio." I tell her. "What?!" She stands up. "Fangs! They won't release him until a family member gets there. You know, him possibly being Bipolar." I explain. "Damn." I nod. "Wanna come? We haven't really spent a lot of time together since I got home." She smiles. "Don't you have an AA meeting tomorrow morning?" She ask quietly. "Yeah! We'll be back and I can always go to one later in the day." I tell her. "Toni..." She rubs my cheeks. "I can stay sober! I have to, I just got out! I also have to drive." I look at her. She kisses me. "Who said you were driving?" She ask. "Me." She nods. "Ok."

I pull up in front of the sheriffs department. "How the fuck did he end up in Toledo?" I ask look at Cheryl. "He's your brother!" Sweet Pea says quietly. "You're the one living with him!" I yell. "You're the one who didn't tell me that your mother was Bipolar and one of you was bound to get it!" He yells. "Will you both shut the fuck up!?" Cheryl yells. "You guys can fight about this later! We just have to get Fangs home!" She tells us. "Toni! You're really not supposed to be crossing state lines! Sweet Pea! You're just just a fucking idiot who needs to open a book!" She says before getting out of the truck. "Come on!" She slams the door. I hit Sweet Pea. "Fuck you!" We get out and go inside. "We're here for Fangs." I say quietly. Fangs slowly walks out of the one of the holding cells. He looks at me confused. "Hey!" I smile. "How are you?" I ask quietly. "M-mom." I nod. "What about her?" I ask. The Sheriff walks over. "He's under sedation and you really need to bring him to get a mental health assessment." I look at Fangs. I nod. "Yeah. I'm fine!" He whispers. "Fangs... you're stole Sweet Pea's truck and somehow got to Ohio after a week of refusing to get out of bed. You're- you're not ok." I tell him. "Let's get you home." He nods. I look at Sweet Pea, he nods knowing what to do. "Come on." We go to the truck. "I'm hungry." Fangs whispers. "Good for you." I whisper. We get in and I sit in the back with Fangs, he quickly falls asleep. "I'm sorry, I thought I would be the one to end up like this." I tell Sweet Pea. "It's ok. I get it." He says quietly. Cheryl turns around. "I'm sorry I through you into all of this." She smiles. "You're my wife. I have to." She whispers. "I'm not really supposed be out of the state but it's fine I'll just go to jail for a few more decades." I say sarcastically.

I walk into the bedroom. "How's Fangs?" Cheryl ask quietly. I shrug. "He's asleep. I'm gonna take him to the doctors tomorrow after I meet with my parole officer." I tell her. I walk over to the bed. "This is all my moms fault." I whisper. She pulls me into a kiss. "It's no ones fault." She whispers. "I wish I never went to jail." I say sitting quietly. "Well, you shouldn't have been there when that guy was killed and the cops showed up." I look down. "I was trying to help." She nods. "I know but the judges didn't." She tells me. I sigh. "Well, than we don't tell your PO officer." I nod.

"Who's this?" My PO officer ask pointing to Fangs. "Fangs." I say quietly. "Who names their kid Fangs?" She ask. "Our mom." Fangs and I say together. She nods. "Ok!" She sighs. "And that's your real name?" He nods. "Cool." I nod. "Can we do the test now? I've been holding it since the moment I got up this morning." I ask quietly. She nods.

I hand Fangs his meds. "If you even think about flushing these down the toilet! I am making you fish them out and taking them! Got it?" He nods. "Say you won't flush your meds down the toilet dumb ass!" I say frustrated. "I Fangs will not flush my god damn pills down the fucking toilet!" He yells. "I'll be by once a week and getting updates from Sweet Pea everyday." I tell him. He nods. "You're not mom." He whispers. "No, but it's my fault you ended up like this." I whisper. He looks at me. "No it's not." He whispers. "I thought I would be the one who ended up with being bipolar. Not you." I say slightly pissed at myself. "Yeah well one of us was right." He says. "Let's go home." He whispers before walking out. I think for a second. "Wait! You thought you were gonna be the one end up like this?" I ask. He nods. "Yeah. Duh!"